TX TX - Carmen Mares, 35, San Antonio, 2 Sept 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA111007.KENS.missing.mares.1fa5949c3.html

11/10/2007

She’s been missing for three months, but there is still no sign of Carmen Mares.

and

She was last seen at a bar on Zarzamora giving a stranger a ride home.

and

...her daughter’s 1996 white Mitsubishi Galant is crucial in the investigation.

“If anybody knows any information as to whether they’ve seen that car, it may not have the same license plates that we originally thought, but this car makes a lot of noise; it sounds like a lawnmower,” she said.

The San Antonio Police Department has classified Mares as a missing adult, however there is no evidence of foul play.

The family encourages anyone with information to call police or to go to their Web site at carmenmares.org.

more at link; no pic at link

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA090507.2B.MissingWoman.a1e29db3.html

09/04/2007

According to a San Antonio Police Department missing person's report and a search center news release, Mares was last seen wearing blue jeans, a black T-shirt with crystals on it and short brown-laced boots.

and

According to the report, Mares called her fiancé to tell him she was on her way home but never arrived.

more at link

(Various media reports give her age as either 34 or 35 years old.)

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=e55aa4a9-7fcb-4437-a6cb-a56edc33e997&rss=68

Sept 4 2007

The woman's boyfriend says she went out with friends last night, but never came home. No one has heard from her since about three this morning, after they all left a westside bar earlier.

Carmen Mares and friends had spent most of the night at the bar. When it closed, she left and was supposed to meet back up with her friends. They got a text message saying she was on her way, but she never made it.

It's been a long day for Pete Maciel. No one has heard or seen his girlfriend Carmen since very early Monday morning.

It was a girl's night out at a westside bar, where five girls talked and drank.

The women arrived at the bar around nine Sunday night, and they were having fun. Carmen decided to play some pool with two different guys, one of them she decided to give a ride home.

"I told her don't take him," Carmen's friend Roxanne Fernandez said. "You don't know who he is. You don't know nothing about him. She told us, 'I'll be back in 20 minutes.'"

Carmen never made it back.

and

Carmen's friends say she left with a man with tattoos and red spikey hair.

more at link

(Note: Some media reports call Pete Maciel her boyfriend, others her fiance.)

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M9/18/200712:21:15PM'

At least this site FINALLY gives a photo and a physical description:

Height: 5' 04" Weight: 125 lbs. Age Missing: 35 Eye Color: BrownHair Color: BrownDate of Birth: 8/26/1972Race: WhiteSex: FemaleState Missing From: TexasCountry Missing From: USACircumstances: Ms. Mares has a tribal tattoo on her lower back and is known to wear colored contact lenses. She was last seen wearing a black t-shirt with crystals on it, jeans and brown lace up boots. Ms. Mares may be traveling in her 1996 white Mitsubishi Galant bearing Texas license plate 686KGV.

pic

M0709010b.jpg

http://www.kens5.com/news/Heidi-Sea...d-in-tragedy-continues-in-hope-241849251.html
KENS-TV
Posted on January 26, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Updated today at 8:50 AM

When asked about the 60 open cases the center follows, Calloway mentioned two other high-profile missing persons: Joshua Davis and Carmen Mares.

Davis went missing from his parent's home in New Braunfels nearly three years ago; his parents believe he was kidnapped. The Davis family continues to work closely with The Heidi Search Center to keep Davis' case in the public eye.

Mares went missing in 2007. The 35-year-old mother of two was last seen at a bar on N. Zarzamora Street and W. Woodlawn Avenue. The Heidi Search Center recently released an age-progression photo of Mares.

Anyone with information regarding the mentioned disappearances is urged to call the San Antonio Police Department at 210-207-7660.

APR 9, 2023
[...]

Mares' daughter said her mother went to go play pool at a now-closed sports bar the night she vanished. Hours passed and by the morning, the woman still had not returned home from a night out with friends.

"They said she left with somebody, they don't know who," said CV, her daughter, who was 11-years-old at the time.

[...]

Years later, leads on her mother's disappearance remain dry. However, Vallejo's memory is clear when describing her final conversation with her mother. She said the two had an argument.

"The last thing I told her was that I hated her. I didn't get to tell her I loved her and I didn't get to tell her I was sorry. I didn't think it was going to the last time I saw her," she said.

[...]

"I just want to know. I just want to be at peace or I want her to be at peace," she said.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back