Cancer Causing Chemicals in Baby Bottles?

I have no idea if this is real or not, but I have to scratch my head at the moms who don't trust the studies from company whose bottles have the chemical in them, (nor the studies from the FDA) because they are trying to sell more product...

but they DO trust the studies from the company that are selling the new baby bottles that are $9.50 a pop.

:crazy:

Am I missing something?

Use glass bottles and don't worry about it.

Do they even make those anymore?

Glass bottles have their own dangers... I was once watching a friends baby and being a baby he threw his bottle.... shattered into a million pieces all over the place.

Do they even make those anymore?

Glass bottles have their own dangers... I was once watching a friends baby and being a baby he threw his bottle.... shattered into a million pieces all over the place.

I have not seen a glass baby bottle in YEARS. Back when my first son was born the only ones I had were the 4oz ones that the hospital gave you with sample formula in them. When my second one was born even those were plastic.

I too remember an incident where a glass bottle could have become dangerous has people not been around. My younger cousin was in his crib and he was banging on the rails with his bottle and the bottom half cracked off and there he was 18 months old holding the jagged remainder. Thank goodness people were around or he might have been badly hurt.

Better yet use the breast and dont worry. Its better, cheaper, and help fight against breast cancer.

Good point! lol I wasn't able to with my last so had to use the bottle. :(

I guess I'd rather take the chances of broken glass than putting even more chemicals in my child's body.

I know Even-Flo makes glass bottles.

Good point! lol I wasn't able to with my last so had to use the bottle. :(

I guess I'd rather take the chances of broken glass than putting even more chemicals in my child's body.

I know Even-Flo makes glass bottles.

Yes evenflo does make glass bottles. I got them for a baby shower gift a few years ago and used them when my kids were newborns. I didn't use them when they could hold their own bottles though because I was afraid they would break. I still have them because I know they are rare. I am going to pull them out when I have grandchildren and everyone can get a kick out of it LOL.

This is not new. I heard this on the news in 1974 when I had my first baby and I threw out all the plastic bottles I was given. What about sippy cups? They're plastic too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back