Last Christmas of JonBenet by L. Smith

Solace

Reaction score
He says it is released and due out December 1st. Any reason we should believe him?

I would like to believe him. I need a new JBR book to read. :)

I would like to believe him. I need a new JBR book to read. :)

Me too. I read a few things on his website and I am not sure I agree with his theory, if I have it right, but I will read it. I really want to read Tom Miller's book.

Me too. I read a few things on his website and I am not sure I agree with his theory, if I have it right, but I will read it. I really want to read Tom Miller's book.

Link to Mr. Smith's site:

http://www.laurencelsmith.com/index.html

Not sure what you mean about his theory (?) It seems like he thinks Patsy did it, according to his FAQ page. I could have read it wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time! :angel:

Link to Mr. Smith's site:

http://www.laurencelsmith.com/index.html

Not sure what you mean about his theory (?) It seems like he thinks Patsy did it, according to his FAQ page. I could have read it wrong though. Wouldn't be the first time! :angel:

I thought I read on his site that the killer banged (and he believes Patsy is the killer) JonBenet's head on the basement floor. I could be wrong.:cool:

Q. If Patsy Ramsey killed JonBenet, did she confide this to John Ramsey prior to the discovery of JonBenet’s body. A. Patsy’s decision not to tell her husband was one of the three smart decisions that she made during the night of JonBenet’s death, it allowed John to act completely natural, when being questioned by Police investigators. Q. What purpose was served by the killer writing a 3 page ransom letter? A. There were several reasons for this letter being so long, Including; Patsy’s wanting to reveal herself to John by using familiar phrases that John would relate to Patsy, she was also trying to sell a kidnapping for ransom story to the Police, and her natural journalistic writing skills subconsciously prevented her from knowing when to put her pen down. Q. Why did the author of the ransom letter choose the innocuous figure of $118,000? A. Chapter 6 is entirely devoted to all elements of the ransom letter. There are many connotation’s associated with this figure, that are related to the Ramsey family. Whatever one(s) Patsy Ramsey had in mind is hard say. One thing is certain. Patsy knew that John would make the connection to her, and know that she was somehow involved in this stated kidnapping for ransom plot. Though, not knowing if she was being coerced or not. Q. If John Ramsey was involved in covering up Jon Benet’s death, at what point did he enter into it? A. John unofficially entered into the cover-up by being very coy with the Police, while he was trying to sort things out in his mind regarding Patsy’s role, after picking up on the clues Patsy left for him in the ransom letter. He would officially become involved in the cover-up after discovering JonBenet’s body in the morning, but not reporting it. Chapter 5 is devoted to John’s cover-up involvement, and why he took the actions that he did.
Oh please...does this man have kids or not??? He doesn't sound very intelligent...John's actions that morning indicate he DID already know JB was dead.and what about the fact those phone records disappeared? because IMO,calls were made by JR BEFORE the 911 call...why else the 'treat them as victims,not as suspects' line??? my guess is,based on this theory,he would have a hard time explaining that.
MR SMITH....HELLO....if JR had thought for one second Patsy had written that note,and he hadn't already known JB was dead...FORGET callling 911 ! He'd have had both hands around Patsy's throat,yelling 'Where's JonBenet???? I KNOW YOU WROTE THAT NOTE !!!!'

Oh please...does this man have kids or not??? He doesn't sound very intelligent...John's actions that morning indicate he DID already know JB was dead.and what about the fact those phone records disappeared? because IMO,calls were made by JR BEFORE the 911 call...why else the 'treat them as victims,not as suspects' line??? my guess is,based on this theory,he would have a hard time explaining that.
MR SMITH....HELLO....if JR had thought for one second Patsy had written that note,and he hadn't already known JB was dead...FORGET callling 911 ! He'd have had both hands around Patsy's throat,yelling 'Where's JonBenet???? I KNOW YOU WROTE THAT NOTE !!!!'

Yep, she threw JonBenet and heard her head crack went to see her, felt her head and freaked out. She does not know JB is dead, but she runs to John and says she is not moving - she slipped going into the bathroom, I was too careless and should have been more careful, but I was exhausted and oh God, John help me, why isn't she moving".

That is about the gist of it. She definitely told John. She is not sure she is dead and John is going to confirm it. And he is going to say what happened and Patsy is going to say I was angry John, she wet the bed again and did not want to get up and I made her and was too angry, oh God, help me John, what have I done.

John knows this is reckless homicide and he knows the coroner will see that this child was thrown - he can feel her cranium and it is split in half practically, no way he did not know that. Plus she is probably foaming and discharge is coming from her nose. It is bad and there is no sign of life at all.

No phone records, righhhhhht. John called his lawyers. And they are not stupid. They probably said call 911 and get some friends over John until I can get there, you need support and get your reverend. Probably knew from John's phone call that something is not right.

Lets see they had investigators talking to the White's that afternoon.

My feelings exactly JMO. But at this point, I will take anything.

I really really really want Tom Miller's book. :(

Yep, she threw JonBenet and heard her head crack went to see her, felt her head and freaked out. She does not know JB is dead, but she runs to John and says she is not moving - she slipped going into the bathroom, I was too careless and should have been more careful, but I was exhausted and oh God, John help me, why isn't she moving".

That is about the gist of it. She definitely told John. She is not sure she is dead and John is going to confirm it. And he is going to say what happened and Patsy is going to say I was angry John, she wet the bed again and did not want to get up and I made her and was too angry, oh God, help me John, what have I done.

John knows this is reckless homicide and he knows the coroner will see that this child was thrown - he can feel her cranium and it is split in half practically, no way he did not know that. Plus she is probably foaming and discharge is coming from her nose. It is bad and there is no sign of life at all.

No phone records, righhhhhht. John called his lawyers. And they are not stupid. They probably said call 911 and get some friends over John until I can get there, you need support and get your reverend. Probably knew from John's phone call that something is not right.

Lets see they had investigators talking to the White's that afternoon.

What I dont understand though is WHY lawyers would go along with a cover up? Surely they would advise them to come clean because if the truth came out and it was found the lawyers knew about it would they risk their reputations etc for John and Patsy?

What I dont understand though is WHY lawyers would go along with a cover up? Surely they would advise them to come clean because if the truth came out and it was found the lawyers knew about it would they risk their reputations etc for John and Patsy?

I am not saying that John and Patsy told them the truth. I don't know the conversation. It is attorney/client privilege. Westerfield's lawyer knew he had killed that little girl. O'Reilly went crazy over that.

I am not saying John called his lawyer and said Patsy killed Jon Benet but it was an accident, what should we do? I am saying John would have called his lawyer had he not wanted to alarm the kidnappers. But he called 911 and I have no doubt at some point, he called his lawyers (after 911) and they were on the scene early afternoon after JonBenet was found - investigators from Team Ramsey were questioning Fleet White and his wife that afternoon. Mike Bynum called them that evening.

At some point that day, he called his lawyers.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Don't ask. Don't tell. The defense lawyers were hired to defend the Ramseys who claimed innocence. Therefore, they defended the innocent (in theory :innocent:)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Don't ask. Don't tell. The defense lawyers were hired to defend the Ramseys who claimed innocence. Therefore, they defended the innocent (in theory :innocent:)

Perhaps the lawyers had visions of being the new "Dream Team"????
This happened not long after the OJ trial.............:confused:

Perhaps the lawyers had visions of being the new "Dream Team"????
This happened not long after the OJ trial.............:confused:

The defense lawyers could be like many others who suspect one or both Ramseys were involved but if the Ramseys said "We're innocent. Do what you have to do to keep us out of jail," then there was no reason not to take the case. Lawyers are paid to talk and Team Ramsey did an excellent job of fulfilling client expectations.

It's the Boulder DA's office I have the problem with, not the defense team. JonBenet's case will never be prosecuted.

I've got a question, but didn't want to start a new thread, because y'all will probably give me the answer in no time.

What became of Jaques (sp??) the dog? He was at the Barnhill's that night, wasn't he? Well, then what happened to him? Did the Ramseys ever take him back??

I am definately not a IDI believer.

However, obviously I have not read enough............when and where does it say that JR ever called 911?????

JR admitted that their lawyers were hired to keep them out of jail. Here's the deal with ETHICAL defense attorneys- if they KNOW their client is guilty (as in a case where the client admits to the crime OR there is strong forensic evidence that links them to the crime, they may NOT state that their client is innocent. This does not mean that they cannot enter a "not guilty" plea (that is done automatically if the case is going to trial, guilty or not). But they WILL do everything they can to prevent the client from being convicted of the crime (extenuating circumstances, mental illness, temporary insanity, etc.)
BUT if the client has not admitted their guilt to their lawyer, some defense attorneys will not ask if the client is actually guilty of the crime they are being hired to defend. I believe the R lawyers were the latter kind. Bynum said that not only did he NEVER ONCE ask the Rs if they had killed their daughter or knew who did, but he also said he would "never have insulted his friends (the Rs)" by asking them.
I am not sure if the lawers themselves ever openly stated that the Rs were innocent of any involvement in their daughter's death. I know the Rs always said it, but does anyone here know if the R defense team ever said it? Remember that their lawyers (particularly PR's) were extremely vigilant in refusing to allow the Rs to answer many questions that an innocent person would have WANTED to answer.

I've got a question, but didn't want to start a new thread, because y'all will probably give me the answer in no time.

What became of Jaques (sp??) the dog? He was at the Barnhill's that night, wasn't he? Well, then what happened to him? Did the Ramseys ever take him back??

As far as I know, the Rs never took Jacques back. ST says on page 71 that Jacques was at the Barnhills and even jumped into his lap while he was there interviewing them. I'm guessing that if Jacques was at the Barnhills at that time then he stayed there, perhaps because the Rs were staying with various friends. I wouldn't be surprised if bringing along JB's dog wasn't even considered - you know how it was...they needed to get on with their lives.

As far as I know, the Rs never took Jacques back. ST says on page 71 that Jacques was at the Barnhills and even jumped into his lap while he was there interviewing them. I'm guessing that if Jacques was at the Barnhills at that time then he stayed there, perhaps because the Rs were staying with various friends. I wouldn't be surprised if bringing along JB's dog wasn't even considered - you know how it was...they needed to get on with their lives.

That's what I thought too. Thank God I've never met anyone like the Ramseys. :rolleyes:
Actually, I'm glad they left Jacques w/the Barnhills. I'm sure he was happy there.

BUT if the client has not admitted their guilt to their lawyer, some defense attorneys will not ask if the client is actually guilty of the crime they are being hired to defend. I believe the R lawyers were the latter kind. Bynum said that not only did he NEVER ONCE ask the Rs if they had killed their daughter or knew who did, but he also said he would "never have insulted his friends (the Rs)" by asking them.
wow...I believe you,it's just that what lawyer worth his grain of salt wouldn't sit down w his client and ask, "ok,what happened??? pls be honest...". especially if they were friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back