Another fatal Pit Bull attack . . .

kahskye

Inactive
Reaction score
Kah-

Thanks for the link. That poor woman! I can't imagine how horrible that must have been for her. :( It sounds like the town is trying to be proactive with regard to laws regarding dogs...at least, moreso than many others. :(

Poor woman yes BUT I think she was maybe a backyard breeder which when you have a male and female together you MUST spay/neuter

"This is just speculation, but the female was in heat and the lady was probably trying to break something up and one of the dogs took her down," said Head, who has been with the county animal control department for 27 years.

Again please dont blame the dogs for peoples stupidity in owning them. And please dont flame me i am not calling her stupid, she is a vic. BUT why were they not fixed!!!!

ETA more from that link

But on Aug. 28, officers were called to the 11300 Sam Lee Road trailer where Lowe lived because the two pit bull dogs had attacked another dog, Head said.

these dogs should have already been put down, IMO.

IMO these were not pets as it says she kept them inside more than he did. Again IMO these were people trying to make a quick buck off these dogs, and dont get me wrong they should have been put down long ago. PLEASE read that whole article.

fedd up - You're right - I've seen it twice - was in denial the first time. Let me tell you about my morning TODAY.

Many of you know I have a Pitt Bull I gave a second chance (umm, or more than that) because she's the dearest thing. ALL MY DOGS are fixed, got their shots and are healthy and SWEET dogs.

But the pack mentality, though you'd never guess it in the rest of them, came out today.

We heard what we thought was a child screaming amongst dogs barking. We RAN to it. It was a full grown sheep with horns, down on the ground with my sweet little "Cookie" having a mouthful bite and shaking her head. There was a fence between us, so I reached over the fence and beat the dog with a stick. She backed up, another dog jumped in her place. She returned. I kept swinging the sticks - but more was needed. My daughter, barefoot and scared, climbed the fence and pulled the two pit bulls off the animal. The dogs were so very sweet to her, though. We got torn up by branches, dirty from falling, bloody from the animal (who is okay) and put the pits in the car to take them to the pound.

The other dogs, we assumed, ran home. We assumed incorrectly. The Burmese Mountain Dog (big baby) and a Heinz57 Variety scaredy cat kind of meek dog had continued their blood thirst and gone after a baby of this sheep in the back yard. We heard it while looking for the other dogs. Totally assumed they weren't invoved other than barking - until the meek doggie came back with blood all over her.

It doesn't surprise me that the dogs came up to the officers in the other story and were sweet. My dogs are SWEET dogs. It just takes one "leader" and more than one "follower" dog - and you can have a pack.

My daughter is sobbing her little eyes out right now - but since we originally THOUGHT it was a child screaming and not a sheep bleating - she was just as insistant as I was that they go to the pound. I only had room for two dogs to go. The others are in the house, locked up, awaiting my decision what to do with them.

I know from past experience, if you get rid of the leader, you have no more problems.

I smell like goat and look like a bloody mess.

That was THIS morning. Just now.

PS
For those that are freaking out that my daughter pulled the pitts off the animal, you have to have been there to see it. When she called the dogs through the fence, they came to her wagging their tails. When she landed on the other side of the fence on her butt, they stopped what they were doing to come to her "aid" and lick her face. They kept going back to the sheep barking and biting, but it was CLEAR before she touched the dogs that they weren't going to hurt her at all. AT ALL. Any indication and she'd have never gone to help the sheep at all. Just FYI. You really had to have been there to know it wasn't like I tossed my teenager into a feeding frenzy of pit bulls - like it may sound!

Wow GlitchWizard that must have been scary for you both!I am glad you both are ok and the sheep too.

I cannot even fathom a pack mentality...and I have 4 dogs! Though I have a black lab mix, a yellow lab, then 2 dachshunds I am no expert on thier behavior towards each other or other pets. But I gotta tell ya, I break up more fights from the black lab coming to defend the yellow lab after that one had a run in with the house cats...

I cannot even fathom a pack mentality...and I have 4 dogs! Though I have a black lab mix, a yellow lab, then 2 dachshunds I am no expert on thier behavior towards each other or other pets. But I gotta tell ya, I break up more fights from the black lab coming to defend the yellow lab after that one had a run in with the house cats...

You're house must be as funny as heck to just sit and watch the interactions!

When you have more than one dog, one will always be the Alpha, sometimes it is the female.
I have heard 2 female German shepherds can be rough together, whereas once the males works it out as far as who is Alpha, everythings cool.
I would NEVER own 2 female German shepherds lol!
I find Cesar Milans books and videos very imformative on explaining the Alpha dog and the pack mentality. You had best be pack leader among your dogs and make it very clear to them what you wont tolerate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RealAce
Back