FL FL - Nassau Co., Fem UP1223, 21-35, @ I-95 Welcome Center, Oct'86

There use to be a thread on this Jane Doe found in Nassua county florida.I can't find it now.Does any one know or can find out any more on these remains found.I have tried for over 8 years to get information on her.It's sad this is all there is on her.

https://identifyus.org/cases/1223

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase378.html

The Doe Network:
Hot Case 378
[FONT=HELVETICA,ARIAL]
No Image Available
[/FONT]Unidentified Female

• [*]The victim was discovered on October 21, 1986 in Nassau County, Florida
Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: 21-35 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"-6'0"
    [*]Clothing: Clothing found with the remains consists of a sleeveless pullover top/halter with narrow straps.
Case History
The victim was located just north of the Welcome Station off I-95 in Nassau County, Florida on October 21, 1986.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Michael Britt
District 20 Medical Examiner Office
239-434-5020, extension 1
Email

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
1986-01067

Source Information:
FLUIDDB

there is a Namus profile for this UID, but not all that much information here and no rule-outs:

https://identifyus.org/cases/1223

I don't think she will ever be identified as they are unsure of her race, have no DNA and no dentals.

I don't see too much more information on this poor Jane Doe.I want to know if they are doing anything to find out who she is.

I don't see too much more information on this poor Jane Doe.I want to know if they are doing anything to find out who she is.

Suzanne,

Maybe call the medical examiner listed below or email the case manager. Explain to him your situation, maybe they will get things moving. Can't hurt to ask if they have DNA.

Medical Examiner
Michael Britt

Case manager : Email AMurnak@coj.net

I hope you get some answers Suzanne!

This is the county I live in. People here was hoping when this was first reported it would be another woman who vanished from this county.

Suzanne,

Maybe call the medical examiner listed below or email the case manager. Explain to him your situation, maybe they will get things moving. Can't hurt to ask if they have DNA.

Medical Examiner
Michael Britt

Case manager : Email AMurnak@coj.net

I hope you get some answers Suzanne!
I emailed both of them.They didn't know anything more and that was 3 or 4 years ago.I just think they need to try and get DNA on this poor Jane Doe.It doesn't look like they are doing anything.I was looking awhile back for a match for my sister and it fit Sheri Lynn Swims.

Too bad they don't have DNA or would maybe exhume the UID for DNA. How else are they going to identify her? Do you know if they have dentals on file? I saw the NamUs file and they are not listed.

I hope one day you find your sister. She has been one of the few cases that I continue to follow.

I have tried for many years to find out if they were going to get DNA on this Jane Doe.Can someone please find out if they are going to get DNA on this Jane Doe?

I was just thinking about this case a couple of days ago. It doesn't get much publicity.

Yes.It's sad.Because I don't understand why they are not getting DNA on this Jane Doe.Who ever she is.She needs her name back.

[FONT=Georgia,"Times New Roman",Times,serif]Bumping up this young lady for some attention[/FONT]
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/1223
#UP1223 Female, Uncertain
Date Body Found October 21, 1986
Location Found Nassau County, Florida
Demographics
Sex Female
Race / Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Range (Years)21-35
Estimated Year of Death 0-1986
Height 5' 6"(66 inches) , Estimated
Circumstances
Date Body Found October 21, 1986
NamUs Case Created April 8, 2008
Location Florida
County Nassau County
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains - Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only Clothing found with remains consists of a sleeveless pullover top/halter with narrow straps - on the body.

Hi
Please help me figure out some ideas on this Jane Doe.Were there any newspaper articles on this.what do you think happened ect....Is there a map of this area.Which direction was she coming from?

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase378.html

http://www.fluiddb.com/php/details10.php?case=309

suzanne

I actually emailed the person about this from NamUs I believe. I'm wondering if this is the lady. The rest stop was just by the Georgia border and the time frame matches to a certain extent too. Please let me know if you find anything out. I would really like to see this solved.
120202321_201772368030010_5868982887874934367_n.jpg

THE DISAPPEARANCE, MURDERS AND INJUSTICE OF THE BROWN FAMILY
By 1985, Carolyn and James Michael Brown had been married for ten years and were teachers in St Lucie, Florida, where they lived with their three children, 9-year old Sheketah, 7-year old Barry and 2-year old Brandon.
In February of 1983, James was fired from his teaching job. He beat Sheketah until she had welts and bruises because she spent 10 cents of her lunch money on a pencil at school. He was arrested for child abuse, pled guilty and received 3 years of probation. His teaching license was revoked and he began working as a 4-H counselor. Reports indicate he was abusive to Carolyn and she would often stay at their church with the children.
In August of 1985, Carolyn’s mother contacted authorities stating she hadn’t spoken to the family since July 4th. Authorities went out to the home and discovered Carolyn’s purse in the garage with all of her identification cut up inside. There was a full meal spread out and left on the dining room table and one of the walls were freshly painted. The police felt there were no signs of foul play in the house and were unconcerned.
Let me get this straight. An ENTIRE family is missing, the mother’s purse is located with all her id cut up inside, a full meal is left on the table as if dinner was interrupted, there is fresh paint on the walls and the police felt NOTHING WAS WRONG?
The family was not officially reported until the school year began and Carolyn never arrived to teach. WOW!!!
After an official investigation was launched, they realized no one had heard from the family since July of 1985. Authorities discovered the fresh paint on the wall in their house was covering blood stains.
At some point, James called Carolyn’s sister and told her she could have everything in their house. She asked where her sister, niece and nephew were and James advised, “out there”.
Several weeks later, James was located in Savannah, Georgia. He had checked himself into a hospital under the name Demetrius Jones stating he had been robbed and shot in the head. When the staff discovered his real identity and confronted him, James admitted that he killed his family and then tried to kill himself. James told the police Carolyn and Brandon were asleep in the couple’s bed. He said he shot Carolyn in the head and smothered Brandon with a pillow. James told them he then disposed of their bodies in Palm Beach County, Florida. He said that three days after that, he drove Sheketah and Barry to Brunswick, Georgia, shot them in the head and face and disposed of their bodies along Interstate 95. Investigators conducted extensive searches of both areas, but Carolyn, Sheketah, Barry and Brandon have never been found.
James was acquitted for the murders of Carolyn and Sheketah and WAS NEVER CHARGED with Brandon and Barry’s murders.
You heard me. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!
James told authorities that he heard voices and saw visions. Several court-appointed mental health professionals said James was paranoid schizophrenic and he was committed to a mental health facility in Florida in 1985. In 1996, he was moved to a halfway house where he was released from the program in 1997.
In 2005, he robbed a bank and threatened the clerk. He was sentenced to prison after that.
SO-He was too crazy to go to prison for murdering four people, but not too crazy to go to prison for robbery????
Gee, THAT makes sense!!! NOT!!!! What an AWESOME justice system!!
What a disrespectful injustice to Carolyn, her children and their family.
Namus
Doe Network
The Charley Project

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member