IL IL - Hazel Lewis, 52, Chicago, 14 November 2007

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The bodies of two women who had both been strangled and burned have been found on the South Side of Chicago. One was found Wednesday, the other Tuesday. Both women were discovered within two miles of each other near Washington Park, and one was reportedly pregnant.

The burnt body of a woman was found about midnight Tuesday in an alley only two miles from where a second body was discovered Wednesday morning.

At 6125 S. Prairie Ave., about two miles from Reavis, police checked out what they described as a container in flames. The Cook County Medical Examiner's office later determined the charred remains that were found in the construction dumpster belonged to a woman who had been strangled. The case has been classified as a homicide.

http://websleuths.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=130

I heard this on the local news tonight and they are saying that they don't appear to be related. Who goes around strangling women and burning their bodies? Sounds to me like they are related, imo.

:waitasec: Er, that isn't a newslink there in the first post of this topic, that's a link to start a new WS thread... :confused:

:crazy: Are you like me right now Chico, low on caffine? ;) :) :slap::innocent::angel::cool:

Police issued a community alert after two women's bodies were found in burning dumpsters on Chicago's South Side.

Chicago police are working to assure neighborhood residents around Washington Park that their community is safe. They are canvassing the surrounding neighborhoods and distributing fliers, encouraging people to call police with any information that might help in the investigations.

Detectives are still trying to find any connection between the murders, which happened about a mile from each other. Investigators say both victims were strangled and then set on fire.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=5762898

One of the two bodies found in a burnt-out garbage can has been identified as that of missing Englewood woman.

The body of Theresa Bunn, 21, who was eight-months pregnant, was found in a dumpster in the 6100-block of South Prairie. According to her family, she was last seen on Monday.

Officials have not yet identified the body of the second woman. Her body found early Wednesday morning in a dumpster behind Reavis Elementary School on East 50th Street. Police said she was wearing a blue shirt with a safety pin under a multi-colored shirt with a Martha Stewart fleece sweatshirt and jeans.

OMG-why a substantially pregnant woman?? Easily victimized I know, but what kind of evilness do you have to execute both mother and the little baby...

My first thought was some sort of revenge for a drug deal gone bad, but that doesn't really fit either because I would have assumed they would have been shot if that were the case. Very strange.

Here is a link to a story on Theresa Bunn.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-burnedbodies16nov16,0,7986404.story
If you read the whole thing, there is a reference to a protection order (taken out against her, not one that she took out) involving conflict with a man who may or may not been the father. The article is two pages, its pretty long so I won't try to post it here I'm sure I would mess it up :).

It is strange that these cases would be completely unrelated and occur in such a small time period of one another, but that area has a pretty high crime rate and I think both the crime scenes are in sort of isolated areas, I guess it is probably a coincidence that they happened so close together. The place where Theresa Bunn was found is sort of industrial type area, and the one where the other body was found is right near a big park.

One of the two bodies found in a burnt-out garbage can has been identified as that of missing Englewood woman.

The body of Theresa Bunn, 21, who was eight-months pregnant, was found in a dumpster in the 6100-block of South Prairie. According to her family, she was last seen on Monday.

Officials have not yet identified the body of the second woman. Her body found early Wednesday morning in a dumpster behind Reavis Elementary School on East 50th Street. Police said she was wearing a blue shirt with a safety pin under a multi-colored shirt with a Martha Stewart fleece sweatshirt and jeans.

I just saw this! :( Makes me sick! :sick: I hope they catch the murderer(s?)! :furious: :behindbar :furious: :behindbar :furious:

Exactly what kind of relationship did she have with this man who could or couldn't be the baby's father? Would he go so far as to kill her, and then kill a random woman to try to cover it up?

The second body is still unidentified. They have requested dental records from the family of missing 14 year old Deanna Glass. They are saying there's no evidence to link Deanna as the body, but they're "looking at the possibilities."

NOT GOOD IMHO. :(

In regards to the relationship with the man involved in the protection order here is a quote from that Tribune article. I haven't seen anything new in the past few days on her case, or anything else really about this man she was involved with.
"Bunn had at least one stormy relationship in her past. She was the target of an order of protection filed in August by a man who accused her of making threatening phone calls to him and his family, saying he was the father of her unborn child and threatening to have him beaten, according to court documents. The man wrote that they had been involved, but that they had not had sexual intercourse. On Sept. 12, Bunn was arrested on charges that she violated the order by allegedly going to the man's home.

Twelve days later, Bunn responded to the man's complaint with a letter, saying the man and his mother were "stalking and harassing" her because she was pregnant with his child.

"I want them to leave me along (sic) they are stressing me out," she wrote. "They are trying to make me lose this baby."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back