Where's Maddie ( 48 hours mystery to air saturday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the article...

Shot by a family friend, the intimate footage tracks the McCann family following Maddie's disappearance from their rented apartment in the Algarve region of Portugal.

I wonder how soon after her disappearance that this footage was shot??I am going to watch this 48 hours.Is it just me that I find it odd that they filmed?Its ....oh I dunno :waitasec:

Strange..... but I hope I remember to watch it.

Darn, I can't watch it and have no idea how to save a show. Hopefully someone here will let us know what was said and how close to neurtal the reporting is

If I remember to watch, get the TV on something other than hockey or the kids go to bed with no problem I'll try to do a write up.

Go Sens Go

I read today on another forum that the video footage shows KM and GM searching for Maddie on the evening of May 3rd, which completely blows my mind.

I will definitely be watching (and recording) the show.

This part at the bottom intrigues me:

"In addition to these explosive revelations, 48 Hours has acquired information from a highly placed source in the investigation who discloses that Portuguese police are now not investigating homicide by Kate and Gerry McCann as a possibility. 48 Hours has also learned from police sources that the DNA is inconclusive and will not solve this case. 48 Hours also went undercover, hiring top U.S. private investigator Joseph Moura, who has handled cases in Portugal. Moura unearthed eyewitness accounts that contradict both the local investigators' and the McCanns' versions of the events of May 3. "

Also, I haven't plotted the movements of the Tapas 7 that night, but Tanner appears to say that she was in her room when the alarm was raised, not at the restaurant. Is this new information?

I think it's interesting that she has decided to go public with her story. Contrary to some speculation, she's not changing her story or weaseling. And she's risking prosecution for violating Portugual's secrecy law. For me, this is pretty compelling evidence that she believes what she says and feels so strongly about it that she'll come forward despite the risk of prosecution.

I'll be watching! Bet we'll have a lot to talk about when the show is over.

I thought this part was interesting and hope its true

Francisco Marco, a Spanish private investigator hired by a supporter of the McCanns, expresses a similar sentiment, claiming to have answers the whole world has been waiting for. "We're 100 percent sure that she is alive. We are sure she was abducted. We are very, very close to finding the kidnapper."

I thought this part was interesting and hope its true

Francisco Marco, a Spanish private investigator hired by a supporter of the McCanns, expresses a similar sentiment, claiming to have answers the whole world has been waiting for. "We're 100 percent sure that she is alive. We are sure she was abducted. We are very, very close to finding the kidnapper."

I hope this is true. I really do. It just seems so unlikely to me.

mjak

If Jane Tanner was in her room that evening, she couldn't have seen Murat or "Bundleman." That would absolutely be a change perhaps not in her account--if she left her room and says now that's when she saw him--but her being present was an untruth by omission, if not by actual comission.

If she was present in the room because her child was sick, that is something that was left out of the many accounts of her seeing Bundleman. Why would she leave that out?

I'd love to think Madeleine was alive, and that the kidnapper could be found, but I also wonder if this is not going to turn out to be another Morroccan/Bosnian/Eastern European/Afghanistani blond child sighting.

This is definitely a new slant, JT was in her apartment not at the Tapas? So then why didn't kate run to her she was only next door? How come JT didn't hear Kate screaming? I do not believe this woman, not one word that she says!

I thought this part was interesting and hope its true, Francisco Marco, a Spanish private investigator hired by a supporter of the McCanns, expresses a similar sentiment, claiming to have answers the whole world has been waiting for. "We're 100 percent sure that she is alive. We are sure she was abducted. We are very, very close to finding the kidnapper."

I just don't believe the "very close to finding" statement, unless it's Murat.

If Jane Tanner was in her room that evening, she couldn't have seen Murat or "Bundleman." That would absolutely be a change perhaps not in her account--if she left her room and says now that's when she saw him--but her being present was an untruth by omission, if not by actual comission.

If she was present in the room because her child was sick, that is something that was left out of the many accounts of her seeing Bundleman. Why would she leave that out?

I'd love to think Madeleine was alive, and that the kidnapper could be found, but I also wonder if this is not going to turn out to be another Morroccan/Bosnian/Eastern European/Afghanistani blond child sighting.

I really haven't paid close attention to the timelines because most of this stuff is just rumor reported in scandal rags, but, I thought she claimed to have seen the bundleman at 9:15 ish and that Kate raised the alarm at 10:00. That's a 45 minute window in which Tanner could have left the table at the tapas restaurant and gone to her apartment -- for an innocuous reason, I might add. Does Tanner have children? If so, she may have decided to check on her children when Kate did.

I'm not trying to read nefarious designs into anything or even discredit Tanner, I'm just trying to understand where she was at what times.

She also said she saw bundleman on "the road." Does this mean she caught a glimpse of him outside the resort compound? I thought she passed him inside the compound, but perhaps I was reading that in to reports.

I wish we knew exactly where she was when she saw bundleman and where exactly bundleman was. This might help us figure out whether the other guest who was talking to Gerry McCann is actually contradicting her story or not.

She said that bundleman was at the top of the public road. Yes, he was outside the resort compound. There have been some photos of this area with the positions superimposed. Jane Tanner was not on the walkway that runs behind the apartments but Jeremy Wilkins was, going back & forth with the stroller. Tanner was away from the table quite a bit because her daughter was ill. Wilkins may think he is contradicting her description of what she witnessed but he seems to have assumed she was on the same path as Gerry. She made clear she was not.

Moura supposedly put the lie to some acc'ts we've been given but it is the old conflict between individuals at the tapas restaurant who say only one man left the table all evening, that being O'Brien, and the corroboration from Tanner & Wilkins that Gerry McCann did check on 5A at 9:05 p.m. I don't think it reasonable to expect uninvolved diners and staff at the restaurant to know the precise movements of people in another party. They could give a broad notion of what was going on but not a minute by minute record. I believe Matthew Oldfield did go to the patio door of 5A as he claims, as well. No reason not to believe him. The story rests pretty much the same whether he checked or didn't. O'Brien contributed even less as he only listened and did not look.

This is definitely a new slant, JT was in her apartment not at the Tapas? So then why didn't kate run to her she was only next door? How come JT didn't hear Kate screaming? I do not believe this woman, not one word that she says!

Not according to an interview with her in The Sun,she isnt changing her original story.

Joe Moura said the idea that The McCanns were involved in their daughter's dissapearance is "ludicrous".

:silenced: :silenced: :silenced:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member