719 users online (108 members and 611 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - 102 Buried Urns Stolen From Cemetery

What the heck is wrong with people?!?! No respect anymore!

102 Buried Urns Stolen From Cemetery

INDIANAPOLIS -- At least 102 buried urns were stolen from a west-side Indianapolis cemetery in the past week, and police say the thief or thieves may intend to sell the metal.

The urns were taken from the ground at Floral Park Cemetery, upsetting the families of the dead whose ashes were in the containers, WRTV-TV in Indianapolis reported.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

That is just sick. I feel very sorry for their families. It looks as if cemeteries should start hiring security guards.

What do they do if the Funerary Urns are ceramic?! The idea doesn't surprise me so much, but it makes me mad!

Wow! And I felt bad because thieves here are stealing flower vases from graves around my area (including the one on my parents' graves). As I said about the local cases, the scrap dealers are the ones who should be investigated first.

That's horrible, such disrespect for the dead. I used to hear stories about people stealing mailboxes to sell for scrap metal. These people are completely disrespectful. I'm sure there's a lot of people who have old dead cars sitting in there yards just waiting for someone to tow them out to the scrapyard. These people need to look into putting an add in the paper for unwanted cars. They'd get a lot more money for the bulk. The stupidity.

I think the scrap dealers ought to be charged with recieving stolen property myself! That way, it wouldn't be so easy to sell the stuff for scrap, since the dealers would be pickier and not take stuff that was obviously stolen.