Canada's RCMP taser polish immigrant to death

jilly

Reaction score
RCMP caught on video tasering man.
Video: 10 minutes long

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2007/11/15/bc-pritchardcash.html

On the right side under 'Related' click on first video.

This is a horrible story. A male polish immigrant approximately 40 yrs old arrived at Vancouver to meet his mother. Somehow he was held up in immigration for 9 hrs. He was in a secured area. His mother waited for 7 hrs on the other side of the secured area. She made enquiries about him and was told he didn't arrive. She left and returned to her home town confused which was a 4 hr drive.

The man who speaks no English, and apparently frustrated decides to cause some commotion. He throws a computer and a table to the floor. The security guards do nothing to diffuse this frustrated man and call the police.

The police arrive and taser the man within 25 seconds of arriving. Three shots @ 50,000 volts each. The man dies. No effort is made to resussitate him. The airport first aiders are not summoned. Paramedics are called and they arrive too late. Airport security as you can see did absolutely nothing.

The public is outraged. Lots of questions and some think the RCMP should be charged with manslaughter. There is to be an enquiry by the Coroner and the RCMP - yes the RCMP investigating their own. Ridiculous in my opinion.

I watched this yesterday. I had a real hard time watching the event. I know tasers are supposed to be harmless, but obviously they are dangerous when more than one is being used.

Thanks for posting J-1. I watched the whole thing. We are hearing more and more about these tasering deaths. Doesn't even seem like anyone tried to talk to him or anything.
Horrible.

I watched this yesterday. I had a real hard time watching the event. I know tasers are supposed to be harmless, but obviously they are dangerous when more than one is being used.

I wasn't going to post it here because I didn't think many would be interested but since it made it international, I did.
Every expert has said that these cops did not handle this well at all. The man didn't have to die!
I am very upset about it!

Well I think one of the issues that will surface is that the man did not speak english.

So how are people going to him to "calm" him down and ask him medical questions and understand the answers.

So how are people going to him to "calm" him down and ask him medical questions and understand the answers.

Why didn't they try talking while he still was calm? They had about 7 hours for that. Border security is supposed to be able to reach interpreters within a certain time frame. I am fairly certain this time frame is shorter than 7 hours.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back