727 users online (127 members and 600 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Baby critical after Pine Hills shooting

1-year-old girl was rushed to the hospital Thursday after her mother found her shot inside her Pine Hills home.

The girl, whose name was not released, was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, where she was reported in critical condition. A spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Office said investigators worry she might not survive.

"It's a gunshot wound to a child," sheriff's spokesman Jeff Williamson said. "You have to fear the worst, especially with a child that young."

Atlanta, GA
    OMG! How sad!!! I don't know if this area is still bad but when I lived in Orlando, I grew up there from age 8-22, parts of Pine Hills were referred to as Crime Hills. How sad for this little girl!!!!!!!
    I once was lost, but now I'm found and I don't know how I survived without Milk Bones and fluffy pillows...Frank (a loving rescued dog)

I think in the original area that "oldtimers" raised there considered Pine Hills is run down and bad or even worse then when we grew up there. They have built around it just like other areas of Orlando ignoring problem areas, Like where the young lady missing from Texas and OBT

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Man held, 2nd sought in shooting of 1-year-old girl
    Fountain told deputies the shooting was an accident, but he did not elaborate, Williamson said. Investigators are trying to determine if he was the gunman.

Fountain has a violent history with the family, according to incident reports from the Sheriff's Office. Fountain tried to choke Rucker in August and pointed a .40-caliber gun at her 4-year-old son's head when she yelled for him to call the police, a report said. (So you trust him with your children while you are napping??)

He returned hours later and tried to kick in the door. Rucker grabbed her children, hid in a back bedroom and called deputies, according to the report.