Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Searching For Anna - #3

Quote Originally Posted by OzzieMum View Post
    Hi Annasmom,

I was thinking along the lines of GW needing a copy of the birth cert to get a passport for Anna, but if he got a copy for himself at the time of the name change then it wouldn't be an issue. Did he keep the only copy when the name change was made and that's why you had to get a copy a couple of years ago?
    No, I already had two copies of the BC. I ordered another one just to make sure the records had not been sealed, as they would have been had there been a legal adoption. I can't say for sure whether he took a copy of the birth certificate with him, but it would have been easy for him to get one if he didn't.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Annasmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Hi Ozziemum, i know you asked Annasmom but if you look at post 470 above, she affirmed that GW was still with her at the time the new 'name' changed BC arrived. She only ordered another later on to find out if the BC was sealed (to ascertain if an adoption had taken place).

hope you don't mind my answering.
    Oh, thanks, Mystic. I didn't see your post before I did mine. I guess we BOTH answered her!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Annasmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    I went to the website (www.cdph.ca.gov) to attempt to wade through all their information. I'm not sure how knowing how many copies of the birth certificate have been issued would help us, since I assume GW had a copy from the time the amendment was issued (and additions to names may be made up to a year from the date of birth providing both parents sign...I must have signed). However, if the department of public records issues a NEW birth certificate in the case of adoption, the old one is sealed. Since I was able to get a copy not too long ago, obviously this was not the case. The department says they have a huge backlog, so I am reluctant to try to get through on the telephone.
    My ear is killing me! I called the customer service line this afternoon. They estimated the 'wait time' was fifteen (15) minutes. I sat for forty-five (45) minutes waiting. About every five minutes, a recording says "All lines are busy, please hold for the next available representative". First in English, then in Spanish! Finally, another recording comes on and says "All lines are busy, please try your call again later"

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SherlockJr For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Hi Ozziemum, i know you asked Annasmom but if you look at post 470 above, she affirmed that GW was still with her at the time the new 'name' changed BC arrived. She only ordered another later on to find out if the BC was sealed (to ascertain if an adoption had taken place).

hope you don't mind my answering.
    I don't mind at all. Thanks Mystic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzieMum For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Annasmom View Post
    No, I already had two copies of the BC. I ordered another one just to make sure the records had not been sealed, as they would have been had there been a legal adoption. I can't say for sure whether he took a copy of the birth certificate with him, but it would have been easy for him to get one if he didn't.
    Thanks Annasmom. That was what I was wondering, if you had the original. I was just thinking along the lines of GW ordering a copy later on so he could get a passport for Anna.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OzzieMum For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
    My ear is killing me! I called the customer service line this afternoon. They estimated the 'wait time' was fifteen (15) minutes. I sat for forty-five (45) minutes waiting. About every five minutes, a recording says "All lines are busy, please hold for the next available representative". First in English, then in Spanish! Finally, another recording comes on and says "All lines are busy, please try your call again later"

thanks! This happens when one tries to call the child support number. Sit forever on hold and then that call again later and disconnect. Perhaps there is a time to best try? Not that the wait will be shorter, but in the past I've had to call and wait several times in a row to get through to child support. (Just an example).

Maybe try calling during a time while others would be commuting to or from work, but not yet at work to make the call from there? Just a thought...
    Last edited by Cubby; 09-23-2009 at 02:24 PM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920