Thread: ND - Sandra Jacobson, 36, & John Jacobson, 5, Bismarck, 16 Nov 1996

ND - Sandra Jacobson, 36, & John Jacobson, 5, Bismarck, 16 Nov 1996

John Henry Jacobson

Cital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: November 16, 1996 from Bismarck, North Dakota
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: August 12, 1991
    Height and Weight: 4'8, 75 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Light brown hair, brown eyes.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A hunter-green winter coat with blue cuffs.

Sandra Mary Jacobson

Crital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: November 16, 1996 from Bismarck, North Dakota
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: December 8, 1959
    Height and Weight: 5'6, 145 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Sandra wears eyeglasses. Her nickname is Sandy.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A blue sweatshirt, blue jeans, brown lace-up boots and a blue down-filled jacket.
    Medical Conditions: Sandra had been showing signs of mental illness prior to her disappearance.

Details of Disappearance
    Sandra was last seen on November 16, 1996 with her son, John. The two were leaving a relative's home in the vicinity of the 1100 block of University Drive in Bismarck, North Dakota. They were riding in Sandra's car, a gray 1990 Honda Civic, and planned to purchase gasoline and then return to the residence. The Jacobsons did purchase fuel, but they never returned and neither have ever been heard from again. Sandra's car was found abandoned the next day, at the Centennial Beach parking lot near to the Missouri River in Bismarck. There was no sign of John or Sandra at the scene. The driver's side door of the car was open, the keys were in the ignition, and Sandra's purse was sitting on the front seat, its contents undisturbed. Police searched the beach and the river and found a shoe that might have belonged to John. Sandra had been showing signs of mental illness prior to her disappearance and had agreed to seek treatment. Authorities believe she may have taken John and jumped into the river. Sandra was separated from her husband, John's father, at the time she and John vanished. Police say there is no evidence pointing to foul play in John and Sandra's cases, and they have never had a suspect. There was a possible sighting of Sandra and John in Warroad, Minnesota in June 2004, but this has not been confirmed. Sandra and John's cases remain unsolved. They were declared dead sometime after their disappearances.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Bismarck Police Department
    701-223-1212

http://charleyproject.org/cases/j/jacobson_sandra.html

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lostwithoutyou For This Useful Post:

Kat

Today, November 16, 2007, marks the eleventh anniversary of John and Mary's disappearances. Please contact the Bismarck Police Department 701-223-1212 if you have any information regarding these disappearances.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lostwithoutyou For This Useful Post:

Kat

John's photo has been age progressed to 18 by NCMEC. Now missing over 13 years.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Kat

Today is the 15th anniversary of Sandra & her son John disappearing from Bismarck, North Dakota. Growing up in that part of the country, this is a case that hits close to home for me.

Sandra's son, Spencer, has set up a website:
    http://www.spencersstory.com/

Such a sad story... He's experienced the tragedy of his father being murdered, which is also unsolved, and his mom Sandra & his brother John disappearing. In 2009, Spencer lost his wife to a rare form of strep. I just cannot imagine what he has been through. Let's hope Sandra & John will come home to Spencer and his three young daughters!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M86 For This Useful Post:

Bumping... This case makes me so sad!
    ...Always remembering the missing...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M86 For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Sandra and John. Thinking of Spencer as well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MagnoliaMountain For This Useful Post:

I'm glad to see WebSleuths is on the case!

I happened across some images during another search that I am hoping others may give some input on.

MP (Sandra's) photo resembles this UID found in Texas some two years after Sandra's disappearance.

Please tell me if you agree.

"Time is the most precious gift that anyone has to give. We never know for certain how much or how little we have left.

So spend it, give it, invest it or waste it accordingly." ~ My own advice to myself

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuz Life For This Useful Post:

I'm no expert at UIDs, but there are definitely similarities.

The UID had a wig, dental work, and possibly breast implants. I know on Sandra's reports that there is no mention of a wig or breast implants, but her dental information is available.

Just throwing out some thoughts in my head.
    ...Always remembering the missing...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to M86 For This Useful Post:

What happened to Sandra and little John 17 years ago?

18 years ago now.
    http://bismarcktribune.com/news/loca...9bb2963f4.html
    This article was published July 2014 for the 20th anniversary of Michele Julson's disappearance. Sandra & John are mentioned in it.
    Bismarck Police have three other open missing persons cases: Roy Hagel, whose abandoned car was found in the Death Valley Monument on March 10, 1989; Sandra Jacobson and her 5-year-old son, John Jacobson, last seen leaving in a vehicle to get gas on Nov. 16, 1996; and Christopher Mann, missing since Feb. 16, 2011, when he was last seen leaving his southwest Bismarck home on foot. Connor said these are old cases, but they’re still active.
    “We’d just like to get this out there again and make people think about it,” he said. “Somebody out there knows something.”

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KateB For This Useful Post: