807 users online (113 members and 694 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Bolingbrook Police Department

I thought we needed a new thread to discuss the Police Department. There's been quite a bit of speculation of Drew's LE buddies helping him or covering up for him along the way ...

I just found this article and think it's interesting. I can't imagine a professional, legitimate police source leaking this during the course of an open investigation. It's gotta be a pal of DP.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterso...ling18.article

A police source said Rossetto and Peterson, 23, were romantically involved, but Rossetto insisted they were not. He said he only knew her because his brother and a friend had dated Peterson years ago, before she married former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson.

Did Police Officers Protect Drew Peterson?

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=3874806&page=1

Her sister says Savio felt unprotected and afraid. She kept notes about what happened, filed for an order of protection against her husband and even sent letters to a local prosecutor complaining about the police.

"There have been several times throughout my marriage with this man where I ended up at the emergency room," she wrote in one letter. "And I have reported this only to have the police leave my home without filing any reports."

In another note, she wrote, "He knows how to manipulate the system, and his next step is to take my children away, or kill me instead."

Officers on the force who worked with Peterson denied a request from ABC News for an interview.

Wouldn't you like to get into people's heads and see what they REALLY meant by a statement? I know- it sounds goofy... but I'm especially interested in this quote from the article that Golfmom just posted:

Drew Peterson, who in the last week traveled to New York City to appear on a national talk show, said the daily grind of police and media scrutiny is wearing on him.
    "I'm just tired," Drew Peterson said. "It wears on you, you know?"

<SNIP>

I firmly believe that people say things for a reason. And I very much hope that he's starting to feel "worn down" because of what HE did. Not what the media has done to him.

.... I know- wishful thinking

mssheila, the statement that made me laugh was "what do you get if you cross the media with a pig -- nothing, because there's some things even a pig won't do."

This caught me on two levels. 1. LE are often referred to as pigs, and 2. He just basically made a joke .... unwittingly referred to himself as a PIG.

Welll, when the men work together on a regular basis and have no in person knowledge of DP's marriage or private life, they most likely just think he is a good old guy doing his job like they are.

HOWEVER, given that his 3rd wife had such a suspicious death, one has to wonder why it was not investigated more thoroughly.

Their two tiny children aged 2 and 4 may have seen or heard something that has not been dug up. My 4 year old grand daughter has been staying with me for two weeks, and her mom and dad. This four year old has a memory like an elephant with precise details on everything that was said from her 3rd year of life, past events etc. She is very smart.

I would think the four year old should be asked some questions by a PROFESSIONAL.

Similar case in my old county, Easter time, Dad took his 3 year old daughter to an egg hunt in town, left his 'very' pregnant wife in the SHOWER. When they came home, MOM had drowned in the shower.

Some nice ladies were found to quiz the 3 year old, nothing came of it other than 'mom in bathroom' taking bath. Husband was then free as a bird, no charges, shortly after he left town with an underage young girl, a previous student of his. Hmmm.

Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.

"""I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

Quote Originally Posted by Camper View Post

I would think the four year old should be asked some questions by a PROFESSIONAL.

I just wouldn't recommend the Will County Children's Advocacy Center.

Golfmom,

I found that article interesting too, and mentioned this point on a different thread. The reference to police source doesn't state with certainty whether it was a source from the ISP - who are actually conducting the investigation, or from the BBPD - who are not doing the investigation (and where DP has many friends). It kind of implies it's from the ISP because it refers to the investigation.

I wouldn't put it past the BBPD to "leak" things by lying to the media and saying they know what's going on with the investigation (even if they don't know anything).

It's also possible that the ISP is "leaking" misinformation about Stacy being romantically involved with this guy -- to lure Drew into a false sense of security. Letting him think that they are really looking at this guy, when they have actually ruled him out.

The thing is, if Drew was as controlling as everyone says, he knows she was not seeing anyone else.

Who knows? I hate it when I read articles where everything is attributed to anonymous sources. How can you judge the quality of the "information" in an article if you don't know where it came from?
    cricket

"dance like no one's watching"

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    Golfmom,

Who knows? I hate it when I read articles where everything is attributed to anonymous sources. How can you judge the quality of the "information" in an article if you don't know where it came from?
    Exactly!

How many people work for the BBPD? I could have sworn we discussed this on one of the threads already, but I cannot find it anywhere! Anyone remember?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

LOL that was in chat ages ago. I'll hunt around for the link....

http://www.bolingbrook.com//info/pdf...l_Report06.pdf

page 7 of 24 shows the staffing from the 2006 report which is the best I could find. So thereabouts....

LOL Thanks, Chico! You are right...it was in chat.

I figure about 150 in BBPD.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by Camper View Post
    Welll, when the men work together on a regular basis and have no in person knowledge of DP's marriage or private life, they most likely just think he is a good old guy doing his job like they are.

HOWEVER, given that his 3rd wife had such a suspicious death, one has to wonder why it was not investigated more thoroughly.

Their two tiny children aged 2 and 4 may have seen or heard something that has not been dug up. My 4 year old grand daughter has been staying with me for two weeks, and her mom and dad. This four year old has a memory like an elephant with precise details on everything that was said from her 3rd year of life, past events etc. She is very smart. I would think the four year old should be asked some questions by a PROFESSIONAL. Similar case in my old county, Easter time, Dad took his 3 year old daughter to an egg hunt in town, left his 'very' pregnant wife in the SHOWER. When they came home, MOM had drowned in the shower.

Some nice ladies were found to quiz the 3 year old, nothing came of it other than 'mom in bathroom' taking bath. Husband was then free as a bird, no charges, shortly after he left town with an underage young girl, a previous student of his. Hmmm.
    I'm not sure how much the judgment of children this young can be trusted. Several years ago a prosector in Scott County MN decided there was a massive active sex ring, involving many families, which just kept growing every time questioning of kids took place. What actually happened was the children, because they were so young, were "led" to say certain things. In the end there was no sex ring, nothing to prosecute. I'm unsure of what happened to the prosecutor, but she wasn't around long.

I think it would also be tramatic for kids ages 2 and 4 to undergo questioning about the disappearance of their mother.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    I thought we needed a new thread to discuss the Police Department. There's been quite a bit of speculation of Drew's LE buddies helping him or covering up for him along the way ...

I just found this article and think it's interesting. I can't imagine a professional, legitimate police source leaking this during the course of an open investigation. It's gotta be a pal of DP.

A police source said Rossetto and Peterson, 23, were romantically involved, but Rossetto insisted they were not. He said he only knew her because his brother and a friend had dated Peterson years ago, before she married former Bolingbrook police Sgt. Drew Peterson.
    It's well known that LE has an unholy alliance with the media. LE normally leaks to the media so as to have the suspect or suspects pillored and demonized. Why should people believe what is leaked against suspects to be true but not leaks against alleged victims?
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    I'm not sure how much the judgment of children this young can be trusted. Several years ago a prosector in Scott County MN decided there was a massive active sex ring, involving many families, which just kept growing every time questioning of kids took place. What actually happened was the children, because they were so young, were "led" to say certain things. In the end there was no sex ring, nothing to prosecute. I'm unsure of what happened to the prosecutor, but she wasn't around long.

I think it would also be tramatic for kids ages 2 and 4 to undergo questioning about the disappearance of their mother.
    Based on the testimony of young children, over forty people were falsely convicted and imprisoned as part of our nation's abhorrent satanic child-care-abuse frenzy.

Courts now understand how easily young children can be led to produce false witness. However, if Drew's older children were to provide testimony to the Grand jury of a significantly inculpatory nature, that could be very damaging to Drew.
    It's not what a man knows that makes him a fool, it's what he does know that ain't so. .... Josh Billings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast