1518 users online (290 members and 1228 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    It is different, MonicaMouse, but I hear what you're saying. I'm really surprised that local LE has not done something. Adults going online to harass a child?

I read this today...Virtual theft' leads to arrest

Seems to me that some sort of deception for malicious purposes could get a legal something or other. The intent was certainly vile and despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    If you can be arrested for pretending to be a young teen boy to get a young teen girl to meet you for sex, certainly you can be arrested for pretending to be a young teen boy to get a young teen girl to kill herself. One would THINK.
    The difference is these parents were not maliciously trying to get this girl to kill herself. Believe me, I'm no fan of their actions, but I seriously doubt it was done with the forethought of "How can we get this person to commt suicide?"
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    The difference is these parents were not maliciously trying to get this girl to kill herself. Believe me, I'm no fan of their actions, but I seriously doubt it was done with the forethought of "How can we get this person to commt suicide?"
    Not the forethought - if it was started to see what she'd say about the other girl - but certainly when they started in on her directly, they knew it would harm her.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

I am totally at a loss as to what to say. I think that this story tops the list of "Most irresponsible parenting." Why would any parent create a false myspace to torment another child? I don't believe that this womans intent was for Megan to kill herself but, that is the consequence of her bad behavior. In reading the comments after the article there are some that have said that both of these families were good. Well, good my A--! Good parents do not do things like this. I think that this situation here shows their true colors what people saw day to day was not who they really were. According to the paper there will be no charges filed but, they will have to live with this the rest of their lives!!!! I hope that they live a good long time.
    For anyone who is interested there is a great book called "Odd Girl Out" fantastic insight into the world of bullying girls.

Not the forethought - if it was started to see what she'd say about the other girl - but certainly when they started in on her directly, they knew it would harm her.
    I was going to say, they meant to harm with the whole charade. Harm, and spy.

Yes - I agree they were trying to mess with her and it sounds like this mother has some serious mental/emotional problems - I just doubt they ever thought she would react the way she did.

I hope this case pushes forward some much needed laws regarding Cyber-issues. It is so sad and the parents's apparent lack of remourse is truly mind-boggling.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Yes - I agree they were trying to mess with her and it sounds like this mother has some serious mental/emotional problems - I just doubt they ever thought she would react the way she did.

I hope this case pushes forward some much needed laws regarding Cyber-issues. It is so sad and the parents's apparent lack of remourse is truly mind-boggling.
    They knew she had fought depression, and was taking medicine for it. They knew their deception and the nasty things they said would have a larger impact on her than another kid. And having kids themselves, they know how hard kids tend to take the little things, much less something BIG like what they did.

I couldn't agree with you more southcitymom. The lack of remorse from the parents is shocking and scary. I can't even believe they would harrass her in the first place, that is something I would expect from a 6th grader. Any child raised by them doesn't have a prayer of turning out o.k. I also can't believe they aren't being charged with at least harrassment.

This is just horrible. Poor little Megan, may she RIP. And prayers for her family. I don't think I could hold myself back from beating the living daylights out of those other parents. I'm in shock that an adult could be this childish and not feel guilty about it. So, so sad.

What gets me is this mother trying to ease her guilt by saying,""well she did try and kill herself before". That should have been all the more reason this supposed adult,should have been more sensative to her. Its sounds like she knew this poor girl was on medication and was depressed,but she decided to go through with this anyway? I think she should have her name publicized. I'm sure everyone in the town already knows who she is just from gossip,but she deserves to be publically outed.
    And after all this she files a police report because the fooseball table was destroyed!!! That takes some nerve.
    All I'd like to say to her is "Karma.It will come back to you"

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    What gets me is this mother trying to ease her guilt by saying,""well she did try and kill herself before". <snip>
    And the girl never did try to commit suicide according to her parents. She talked about it, but didn't try it. There is a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymom View Post
    What gets me is this mother trying to ease her guilt by saying,""well she did try and kill herself before". That should have been all the more reason this supposed adult,should have been more sensative to her. Its sounds like she knew this poor girl was on medication and was depressed,but she decided to go through with this anyway? I think she should have her name publicized. I'm sure everyone in the town already knows who she is just from gossip,but she deserves to be publically outed.
    And after all this she files a police report because the fooseball table was destroyed!!! That takes some nerve.
    All I'd like to say to her is "Karma.It will come back to you"
    She should have her name publicized at the very least she is a danger to other children. If she doesn't feel bad about it she shouldn't mind being outed! She lucky she didn't pull this with one of my kids, I would be in jail for what I would do to her!!

For the ones here that did not see the bully thread, here is the link;

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56002

The story about Megan was already brought up there yesterday afternoon.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows
    Last edited by dark_shadows; 11-14-2007 at 09:27 PM.

Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha
    Wow! What an evil, evil mother.

I don't think it matters that Megan had tried to commit suicide before. Almost all 14 year old girls have self esteem issues and shaky image problems and at that age, they are still trying to find their way in the world; they are very fragile beings at that age. That is what is so horrible about this story, that Megan will never become the person that she could have become because of this evil woman. Her own daughter will probably never move beyond this moment in her life either. Very sad, sad story.

I hope that there will still be some sort of justice for Megan's family. I think they should still file suit, if not for the money, but for the facts to be revealed to the public. This woman should not be able to live anonymously after what she did.
    Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

I can see some goofy psychopathic woman doing something like this, but the husband being in on it is really strange. He must be some wimpy weird exscuse of a man. I wouldn't allow my kids to associate with this family at all, ever.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast