Scattering of human remains

Perhaps the person for which the ashes came from, loved the ride? What an odd place to do it, indeed, but the lady insists it was baby powder. ( And as we all know, you haven't lived till you have gotten rid of your baby powder on a cool Disney ride. ;) )

What ever it is, she didn't mean any harm in it... I know if a dear close friend or family member wanted their ashes scattered at a certain place, I would try to fulfill their wish.

For me, I have opted to be cremated when I die, with specific instructions to scatter my remains in 2 parts: On Mauna kea and the other half in Ireland. After hearing about this, it got me to looking stuff up... I never realized that there were huge restrictions on where remains can be scattered, in some places.

Ewwwwwwww...I dont think Id like to be standing under the ride..breathing in dead people cant be good for you.

Ewwwwwwww...I dont think Id like to be standing under the ride..breathing in dead people cant be good for you.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's the funniest thing I have heard in an age! Thanks!!

According to the news, the Disney Haunted House used to be the place of choice, but now it's the revamped Pirates ride.

Yet another good reason not to drink the water in theme park rides.

Yet another good reason not to drink the water in theme park rides.

:sick:

I don't really see the problem with scattering human remains, as long as there aren't any pieces that might be recognizable and either disturb people or spark a criminal investigation. The remains are sterile.

A lot of people are under the impression that ashes from a crematorium, are just that: ashes. Some are surprised to find the ashes have small bone fragments in them.

A lot of people are under the impression that ashes from a crematorium, are just that: ashes. Some are surprised to find the ashes have small bone fragments in them.

Well, but scattered from a talcum powder bottle I'd say they were sifted pretty well, and probably no bone fragments were dispersed given the small size of the holes, don't you think? I told the Mr. that when I die, I want a small part of my ashes to be scattered at a certain spot, I don't think there'd be any problems with him scattering them there, (other than the trouble to travel there) it isn't a high traffic place. Certainly not a Worldwide popular amusement park ride!

I dont care how sterile or how powder like they are..I do not want to be breathing them in..I think the dumpees are rude..imo:)

I dont care how sterile or how powder like they are..I do not want to be breathing them in..I think the dumpees are rude..imo:)

The Mr. would be very careful in the scattering, probably stoop down and sprinkle so they didn't make a dust cloud, to be sure they go where I want them to go. I told him a teaspoon's worth would be adequate. Again, it's not in a public place, it's out in nature that I want them scattered, a spot I'd go to as a child to be in Nature, poke around and look at the creatures, eat berries, or think.

Scattering ashes is fine by me..my hubby is going out this way....but it will be done on a still day:p

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back