03-08-2004, 04:12 PM #1Former Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
- In heels
Too hot a time at the firehouse
MELBOURNE, Fla. (AP) — Firefighters responding to emergencies here were in such a rush that they forgot to turn off a fryer in their kitchen. So the next emergency call involved a fire that started at their own station.
No one was injured in the blaze Thursday, because all four firefighters working at the time were out responding to several calls.
A Cocoa Beach firefighter was driving past and saw smoke escaping from the firehouse and called 911.
The firefighters from Station 72 then returned to fight the fire at their own station.