960 users online (189 members and 771 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IN - Lynn Ann Thompson, 26, Prairie Creek, 1989 - *New Investigation 2007*

http://www.wthitv.com/Global/story.a...&nav=menu593_2

Nov 2007

More than 18 years ago a Vigo County woman went missing and for years the trail has gone cold.

Now, after a tragic shooting in Merom, Indiana, the Vigo County Sheriff's Department is taking another look.

Lynn Ann Thompson was last seen on June 26th, 1989 at her home in Prairie Creek.

That was more than 18 years ago.

and

Her last name may sound familiar to you, it was just last week when her father-in-law Oscar Thompson, Senior, shot Travis Beard (his grand-daughter's husband) before taking his own life.

The tragic shooting in Merom caused the Vigo County Sheriff's Department to take another look..

and

"We were on the carport, it was just me and her and she says, Debbie, if I come up missing, pursue it. And I said, oh, Lynn! And she says, no, Debbie, I'm serious, if I come up missing, you've got to promise me you will pursue it," said Debbie (Lynn's Cousin).

and

She's described as having brown hair with light blue-grey eyes.
    Her grey Pontiac Coupe was found at the old K-Mart parking lot on South U.S. 41 and Davis Drive in Terre Haute.

Authorities are urging anyone with information to please come forward. You can leave a tip with Crime Stoppers at 238-STOP.

more at link

pic

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...pson_lynn.html

It sounds like Lynn had something to be afraid of before she disappeared. I mean, I don't think most people seriously consider the idea that they themselves could be kidnapped. I've thought about it, but I think that's understandable what with all the abducted people I write about.

I hope this article will lead to others which will provide more information and hopefully lead to a resolution in the case.

Have you contacted the police in Thompson's jurisdiction? I think that's a better place to start than here....

Sorry, I didn't have any info, just curious if there was a new development.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/14542152/detail.html
    Police: Man Shot Son-In-Law, Killed Himself
    Victim Taken To Indianapolis Hospital

POSTED: 1:44 pm EST November 8, 2007
    UPDATED: 5:14 pm EST November 8, 2007

MEROM, Ind. -- A man killed himself after shooting his son-in-law in the head early Thursday morning, Indiana State Police said.

Investigators said they believe Oscar C. Thompson, 74, shot Travis Beard at about 6 a.m. in a home in Merom, in southwestern Sullivan County.

Police said they received a 911 call from the home, located in the 2100 block of South Third Street, just after 6 a.m. When sheriff's deputies arrived, they found Thompson dead in the driveway.

Inside the home, officers found Beard, 36, with a gunshot wound to the head.

Investigators said Beard had gotten into his vehicle to go to work and was approached by Thompson, who shot him.

According to police, Beard went to the rear of the home and yelled for help from his wife. Thompson fatally shot himself in the head, police said.

Beard was taken to a nearby hospital and was then transported by medical helicopter to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis.

Information about Beard's condition was not immediately released.

Serial killer linked to Lynn Thompson murder

There is a book on Amazon.com that links a serial killer from Indiana to Lynn Thompson's and other area murders in Terre Haute. The book is called:

Urges: A Chronicle of Serial Killer Larry Hall

After reading this book, I think this man committed all of these murders. In case you are interested in reading the book, here is the link on Amazon.com:

Amazon.com: Urges: A Chronicle of Serial Killer Larry Hall (9781451589948): Christopher Hawley Martin: Books

Jay Christian
    Last edited by KateB; 04-11-2015 at 08:38 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Does anyone think that this UID might be Lynn Thompson?

DoeNet HotCase 1543: http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1543.html
    NamUs Case 2885: https://identifyus.org/cases/2885

Lynn Thompson went missing on 26-Jun-1989. The body of a woman was found in the Mississippi River on 07-Jul-1989 (i.e., 11 days later). The Wabash River cuts through Terre Haute, IN, and continues into the Ohio River, which then feeds into the Mississippi. This appears to be about a 500 mile distance between Terre Haute and Mellwood, Arkansas.

She is not on the NamUs rule-out list for this UID.

It's a little difficult to match these cases on vital stats because there is no height information available for Lynn, and the age range on the UID is pretty wide.

The UID has several scars (paired in twos) on her left wrist, oriented crossways. This would seem to suggest (if the victim was right handed) that she may have attempted suicide earlier in life. There is nothing in Lynn's narrative to suggest that she has ever been suicidal. But then again, there is very little information at all in her narrative.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-11-2010 at 12:05 PM.

Lynn was my best friend.

I went to school with Lynn. Her maiden name was Norris. She was my very best friend. I was maid of honor in her wedding. She got pregnant at a young age and decided to marry the babie's father. I told her she did not have to get married, but she loved him and although he was older, had ask her to marry him. They got married in a church in Prairie Creek. I was her maid of honor. I believe I know what happened to Lynn, she was moving the next day to Fairbanks, Indiana about 20 miles south of Prairie Creek to live next door to her brother. She was taking the kids... Her husband O.C. Thompson told everybody she ran off with a doctor she worked for. However, I know Lynn, and no matter what she did wrong, she would not go without contacting her parents and letting them know she was okay. She hasn't been heard from since. No body was ever found. Rumors suggests what happened to her body, the police are well aware of the rumors, to discusting to post here. But lets just say the post of the serial killer might of done is, is not even a lead. Everybody pretty much knows what happened to Lynn, although her killer still walks free as no body was ever found and no proof. Let me just say I saw her killer at the County Fair and spit on him. I feel sorry for the kids. Lynn's husband came in K-Mart with the kids not even a week after she disappeared, wanting to get the money back on a pool Lynn and the kids had been paying for in Layaway. I told him no, not without the paperwork. He comes back in later with the paperwork and says Lynn had left it in the car they found out in the parking lot when she ran off with the doctor. I just looked at the kids, hard telling what they've been told all their lives. All I know is that I miss Lynn, and hope she is resting in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by meggilyweggily View Post
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...pson_lynn.html

It sounds like Lynn had something to be afraid of before she disappeared. I mean, I don't think most people seriously consider the idea that they themselves could be kidnapped. I've thought about it, but I think that's understandable what with all the abducted people I write about.

I hope this article will lead to others which will provide more information and hopefully lead to a resolution in the case.
    Yes, she did. The police know, everybody around here knows, but since the body was never found, her killer still walks free. However, it helps me to know where her killer will spend eternity. I wish young women could learn about how to get out of the clutches of evil men, before it's too late.