CA CA - Adam Kellner, 36, Stevenson Ranch, 7 Nov 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.hometownstation.com/missing-person-clarita-2007-11-15-11-51.html

11-15-07

Adam Christopher Kellner, lives on Hawthorne Place in Stevenson Ranch. He was last seen at his residence at 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007. The missing person suffers from schizophrenia. He is described as 5' 07", 165 lbs., having brown hair with a bald spot near the
back of his head, and he has brown eyes.

more at link

No age given.

pic
missingperson.jpg

If anyone has contact with this family, they need to give his information to the Salvation Army, who helps locate missing people who go to their shelters. If he is on the streets they can help find him. The info is at their website.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2010/02/adam-christopher-kellner.html

February 03, 2010
David Lohr

It is no secret that families of the missing have a difficult time getting public attention for their loved one's case. As difficult as that job is, it is that much harder when the person missing suffers from a mental illness. Such is the case of Adam Christopher Kellner, a 36-year-old man who was reported missing from Stevenson Ranch, Calif., on Nov. 7, 2007.

Oh no! I hope he is found soon and safe!

Adam has been missing for more than 7 years. Thinking of him and his loved ones during this holiday season.

I live in Santa Clarita, not far from Stevenson Ranch. It feels weird to know that people have disappeared from the city you live in, especially one as safe as Santa Clarita. I hope he is found safe. But after 7 years, I'm not sure if that will happen.

I think he either wandered away from his house and got amnesia, or he wandered away and died somewhere on accident. From what I know, he never left his house except for doctor's appointments. So even though he lived here, he probably would not have been familiar with the area that well and if he wandered off, he probably got lost and something bad happened to him or he got amnesia. And since he is a skitzafrentic (excuse my bad spelling) he probably got spooked or thought people were after him and he probably died of exposure or something.

I just don't think he met with foul play, because I don't see the motive for anyone to do away with him. But I just know if he's dead, it happened because he got lost and something happened.

It could also be a suicide. Maybe he wandered off to end his life and has never been found. And probably won't ever be found. I doubt he is alive sadly.

I reread his Charley Project page and Googled the area code of the block he lived in. From living in SCV and passing close by the area a few times, he lived in a subdivision east of where the LA Fitness, Ralph's and a few other places are and perhaps north of West Ranch High School and northeast of College of the Canyons. Looking at the map and knowing the area, I'm starting to think he wandered off, but probably got picked up by someone later on, like his mother thinks. I think it would have been impossible to go off somewhere into a hidden area because they are hard to walk into or onto without someone noticing. SO he probably wandered off and got a ride. The freeway is just an exit ramp away in some parts of the Valencia area. Whoever took him, if he got a ride, probably picked him up and took him onto the freeway. And then maybe killed him somewhere or dropped him off. Who knows?

But for a case that takes place in my hometown, where there is literally police cars in traffic every day of the year, I think this is now the possibility. I think his Mom is right when assuming he got a ride out of town. Police probably would have found him by now or someone out here. Missing persons cases in this area don't take long to solve, so the fact he hasn't been found at this point means he's not in SCV anymore.

Just heard about this case. Bumping for whatever good that does.

• adam_christopher_kellner_1.jpg
  • adam_christopher_kellner_2.jpg
  • adam_christopher_kellner_3.jpg
Kellner, circa 2007
  • Missing Since 11/08/2007
  • Missing From Stevenson Ranch, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/03/1973 (50)
  • Age 34 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 165 - 175 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a black jacket. Kellner always wears a hat, even indoors.

• Medical Conditions Kellner suffers from schizophrenia, which causes him to hear voices. He is in need of medication to treat his condition and is classified as a dependent adult. He was stable at the time of his disappearance, however, and was taking his medication as prescribed. He is not considered to be dangerous to others.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Black hair, brown eyes. Kellner is balding on the back of his head. He broke his arm as a teenager. Some agencies give his middle name as "Christoph." Kellner is a chain smoker, consuming about a pack and a half of cigarettes a day.

Details of Disappearance​

Kellner was last seen between approximately 9:00 and 9:30 p.m. on November 8, 2007 at his residence in the 25700 block of Hawthorne Place in Stevenson Ranch, California. He lived with his mother and stepfather. At the time of his disappearance, his mother was away from home on a business trip and his stepfather was recovering from knee surgery.

Kellner was last seen when he helped his stepfather get up the stairs to bed. He normally sleeps late, so his stepfather didn't realize he was missing until 3:00 p.m. the next day. He has never been heard from again.

Kellner was extremely isolated at the time of his disappearance; he had no friends and hadn't left the house for months, except to go to doctor's appointments. He was unable to keep a job and spent most of his time smoking cigarettes in the garage or listening to music in his bedroom.

His family stated he had a normal childhood in Miami, Florida, but developed problems as a young adult. He failed out of Stetson University in his freshman year and began abusing drugs. He went to live with his mother in 1994 and was diagnosed with schizophrenia.

All of Kellner's personal belongings, including his cigarettes, clothing, identification and all his hats, were left behind at the residence. He was carrying only a few dollars at the time of his disappearance and he had no transportation, driver's license or cellular phone. His family can't think of any argument or problems he was having that might have caused him to walk out of his life, and his psychiatrist doesn't believe he was suicidal.

Since Kellner doesn't own a car and can't drive, and since none of the local bus drivers remember picking him up that day, his mother believes he might have hitched a ride out of the area. He could still be in California, or he may be in Florida, where he grew up and where his brother lives. His case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department 323-890-5500

Source Information​

Updated 5 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 26, 2014; picture added.

updated Dec 6, 2017

Mar 1, 2013

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27