1009 users online (215 members and 794 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Stefanie Francique, 24, New Port Richey, 5 Nov 2007

This is snipped from the Tampa Tribune:

By Cloe Cabrera
    Published: November 18, 2007
    Video: WFLA Josh Thomas Report
    NEW PORT RICHEY - Volunteers searching for a missing young mother Saturday found items they hope will yield clues to her disappearance.

Stefanie Francique, 24

Stefanie Francique, 24, disappeared from the Colony Lakes Estates home that she shared with her father and stepmother Nov. 5. She left behind her 4-year-old daughter.
    Francique's personal belongings were found in her home. Her car keys and cell phone were also missing.
    About 50 people turned out Saturday and searched the wooded area behind Francique's parent's New Port Richey home. They covered about a 10-mile radius, said Tammy Richardson, who organized the search.
    The search team found a pack of cigarettes, a lighter, t-shirts, sunglasses and latex gloves.
    The cigarettes are believed to be the same brand Francique smoked, said sheriff's office spokesmen Doug Tobin.
    "It wasn't by the water," Tobin said. "But it was in close proximity to her house. It's another piece of evidence that may lead us to where she's at."
    A dive team is expected to search the lake in the subdivision sometime during the next week, Tobin said.
    The sheriff's office has received few leads in Francique's disappearance, Tobin said.

Prayers that she is found; she has a 4 year old daughter.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-29-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Praying also for her safe return to her daughter and parents.
    Hopefully LE is already tracing her cell phone pings.

National Center for Missing Adults
    Stefanie Adee Francique
    Investigative Agency: Pasco Co. Sheriff
    Phone: (727) 848-5878
    Investigative Case #: 07-67581
    Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
    Alias / Nickname: Stefanie Mears
    Date of Birth: 1983-04-25
    Date Missing: 2007-11-05
    From City/State: New Port Richey, FL
    Missing From (Country): USA
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 24
    Race: White
    Height: 71 inches
    Weight: 212 pounds
    Hair Color: Blonde
    Hair (Other): curly
    Eye Color: Blue
    Complexion: Light
    Glasses/Contacts Description: Blue contacts
    Identifying Characteristics: Pierced ears, tattoo of white tiger on upper right arm, wears blue contacts, tonsils removed

Additional photos also are shown here.

up north

Couple face another lonely holiday without daughter

Ardell and Janet Mears haven't heard from Stefanie Francique in more than two years.
    Published: December 24, 2009

HUDSON - Christmas will be smaller this year at Ardell and Janet Mears' home in Hudson.

Their two-foot tall tree sits near the fire place, decorated with a single, silver star.

"Stefanie, most of the time, was the one that put up the tree and decorated the tree," said Janet Mears, Stefanie Francique's stepmother.

up north

London Ontario
    Was doing some searching since she is from my home town and came across a INDIVIDUAL'S CHARGE REPORT from pasco county which was dated as her booking on May 13, 2007 only a few months before she went missing. She was booked on charges of CULTIVATION OF MARIJUANA and POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA NOT MORE THAN 20 GRAMS.

Along with her being arrested so was her husband I assume ( same last name & same address) and has continued to have a criminal past as he moved shortly after her dissapearence and move to brandon.

When i saw this my heart sunk thinking that this may have something to do with her going missing. Not saying it was the husband but I would hope they questioned him over and over

Who Dat Nation
    Stefanie's parents and her little girl still miss her and pray for her to return. While the three slept one night in November, 2007, Stefanie left the house and no one knows how or why. She was gone the next morning and has not been heard from since. Her parents check in with LE every month hoping for news, but there have been no leads.

Stefanie's father is offering a $10k reward for information on her whereabouts.

Posted: 11/06/2011
    By: James Jackson
    New Port Richie, FL

Mears is legally blind, but always has his sights on her. "I hear her voice, I hear her. I see her everywhere I go, I'll follow them and turn around and tap them on the shoulder and It's not her," he said.
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

Surrey, UK
    I very much hope that the daughter is not still with her father. Having accumulated a criminal record covering forgery, auto theft and drugs he moved onto more serious crime in 2013 by being convicted for sexual offences with a victim under 16 years of age. Not a suitable individual to raise a child and a history of behaviour which makes him a strong POI in my view.