FL FL - Stefanie Francique, 24, New Port Richey, 5 Nov 2007

numbernine

Reaction score
This is snipped from the Tampa Tribune:

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/nov/18/volunteers-search-missing-mom/?news-breaking

By Cloe Cabrera
Published: November 18, 2007
Video: WFLA Josh Thomas Report
NEW PORT RICHEY - Volunteers searching for a missing young mother Saturday found items they hope will yield clues to her disappearance.

1118stefaniefrancique.jpg

Stefanie Francique, 24

Stefanie Francique, 24, disappeared from the Colony Lakes Estates home that she shared with her father and stepmother Nov. 5. She left behind her 4-year-old daughter.
Francique's personal belongings were found in her home. Her car keys and cell phone were also missing.
About 50 people turned out Saturday and searched the wooded area behind Francique's parent's New Port Richey home. They covered about a 10-mile radius, said Tammy Richardson, who organized the search.
The search team found a pack of cigarettes, a lighter, t-shirts, sunglasses and latex gloves.
The cigarettes are believed to be the same brand Francique smoked, said sheriff's office spokesmen Doug Tobin.
"It wasn't by the water," Tobin said. "But it was in close proximity to her house. It's another piece of evidence that may lead us to where she's at."
A dive team is expected to search the lake in the subdivision sometime during the next week, Tobin said.
The sheriff's office has received few leads in Francique's disappearance, Tobin said.

Prayers that she is found; she has a 4 year old daughter.

Praying also for her safe return to her daughter and parents.
Hopefully LE is already tracing her cell phone pings.

National Center for Missing Adults
Stefanie Adee Francique
Investigative Agency: Pasco Co. Sheriff
Phone: (727) 848-5878
Investigative Case #: 07-67581
Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
Alias / Nickname: Stefanie Mears
Date of Birth: 1983-04-25
Date Missing: 2007-11-05
From City/State: New Port Richey, FL
Missing From (Country): USA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24
Race: White
Height: 71 inches
Weight: 212 pounds
Hair Color: Blonde
Hair (Other): curly
Eye Color: Blue
Complexion: Light
Glasses/Contacts Description: Blue contacts
Identifying Characteristics: Pierced ears, tattoo of white tiger on upper right arm, wears blue contacts, tonsils removed

Additional photos also are shown here.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/de...lonely-holiday-without-daughte/news-breaking/

Ardell and Janet Mears haven't heard from Stefanie Francique in more than two years.
By NATALIE SHEPHERD
nshepherd@wfla.com
Published: December 24, 2009

HUDSON - Christmas will be smaller this year at Ardell and Janet Mears' home in Hudson.

Their two-foot tall tree sits near the fire place, decorated with a single, silver star.

"Stefanie, most of the time, was the one that put up the tree and decorated the tree," said Janet Mears, Stefanie Francique's stepmother.

Was doing some searching since she is from my home town and came across a INDIVIDUAL'S CHARGE REPORT from pasco county which was dated as her booking on May 13, 2007 only a few months before she went missing. She was booked on charges of CULTIVATION OF MARIJUANA and POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA NOT MORE THAN 20 GRAMS.
http://www.pascosheriff.com/webapps/IMS500R.pgm?TASK=disp&rrn=000088997&rnd=89237

Along with her being arrested so was her husband I assume ( same last name & same address) and has continued to have a criminal past as he moved shortly after her dissapearence and move to brandon.
http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/PublicInquiry/Arrest/Inquiry/Search

When i saw this my heart sunk thinking that this may have something to do with her going missing. Not saying it was the husband but I would hope they questioned him over and over

Stefanie's parents and her little girl still miss her and pray for her to return. While the three slept one night in November, 2007, Stefanie left the house and no one knows how or why. She was gone the next morning and has not been heard from since. Her parents check in with LE every month hoping for news, but there have been no leads.

Stefanie's father is offering a $10k reward for information on her whereabouts.

Posted: 11/06/2011
By: James Jackson
WFTS-TV
New Port Richie, FL

Mears is legally blind, but always has his sights on her. "I hear her voice, I hear her. I see her everywhere I go, I'll follow them and turn around and tap them on the shoulder and It's not her," he said.
http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ues-search-for-missing-new-port-richey-mother

I very much hope that the daughter is not still with her father. Having accumulated a criminal record covering forgery, auto theft and drugs he moved onto more serious crime in 2013 by being convicted for sexual offences with a victim under 16 years of age. Not a suitable individual to raise a child and a history of behaviour which makes him a strong POI in my view.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personNbr=96616

I very much hope that the daughter is not still with her father. Having accumulated a criminal record covering forgery, auto theft and drugs he moved onto more serious crime in 2013 by being convicted for sexual offences with a victim under 16 years of age. Not a suitable individual to raise a child and a history of behaviour which makes him a strong POI in my view.

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personNbr=96616

I am stefanies daughter. My father was accused and convicted of the sexual crimes but it was false accusations. He didn’t do anything to my mother. Please get the full story before you go online posting things like this. He hasn’t always made the best decisions and he hasn’t always been around but he has always without fail taken care of me and been a good role model over all.

I am stefanies daughter. My father was accused and convicted of the sexual crimes but it was false accusations. He didn’t do anything to my mother. Please get the full story before you go online posting things like this. He hasn’t always made the best decisions and he hasn’t always been around but he has always without fail taken care of me and been a good role model over all.

I am very happy that my concerns were misplaced and that your father has looked after you, but the full story of his convictions rests on the legal record. That can only be changed by overturning on appeal. I should explain that there is a difference between 'suspect' and 'POI'. Whilst a POI can also be a suspect, it also includes those who may have information. In your father's case, and given the arrests shortly before the disappearance of your mother, I would expect LE to question him very closely about associates, especially any within the drug milieu. This does not mean your father was complicit in any offence, but his knowledge, especially of any criminal grudges, could lead to others who were.

I hope your mother is found.

Welcome. I hope you find out what happened to your mom. Do you have any thoughts on what could have happened to her?
We have TOS (terms of service) rules on here and unless your dad was named as a person of interest no one should be sleuthing him and posting info about his records or insinuating about his parenting. I'm sorry that happened.

Welcome. I hope you find out what happened to your mom. Do you have any thoughts on what could have happened to her?
We have TOS (terms of service) rules on here and unless your dad was named as a person of interest no one should be sleuthing him and posting info about his records or insinuating about his parenting. I'm sorry that happened.

Since you have chosen to take issue Sleuthster, I refer you to the terms. I have deliberately avoided either naming the husband or giving detail beyond that already provided in the earlier post #6, further supported by the LE reference cited, as an approved source. The husband has been named in MSM but I have avoided that reference.

It is obvious that, in the case of any missing person, other members of their criminal milieu (as evidenced by arrest records) will be of interest - not because they are automatically suspected of the crime, but because their knowledge of that milieu may lead to others with means and motive. As LE sources are approved for discussion on this site it would be contradictory to then censor their use. There is an obvious issue, in cases where LE are often less than active, where a person involved in a case is subsequently convicted of crimes which raise their profile in regards to the case.

Perhaps this highlights an ambiguity in the rules, but we risk eliminating reasonable questions if limited to bland repetition of old stories.

If you have a MSM link naming the husband then it should be posted when referencing a POI or suspect. Then he can be sleuthed.
One of the reasons we have these rules is exactly what happened here. Family members read our posts many times and I'm guessing Stefanie Francique's daughter is about 17 now. I'm sure it is disheartening to read that her father's criminal past on a website and someone questioning what kind of parent he is. So even if you have a link referencing his name that law enforcement is looking at him and discuss questions you have to have regarding his criminal history, we should never mention the child.

Welcome to Websleuths! I am sorry you lost your Mom. I do hope that there is resolution in her case and that it brings you peace. Perhaps we can help.

If you’d like to provide information, or photos, without the required main stream media link, take a look at the VI thread. It is an easy process if it interests you.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

No doubt it is hard to read and learn about the past activities surrounding your Mom’s disappearance. There are ground rules here which keep us all accountable with a MSM link, opinions must be stated as such, staying victim friendly and generally working to solve crimes. Here is a thread to help with that.

The Rules

I live in New Port Richey area. I was curious where she went missing. Charlie Project states; Francique was last known to be at the house she shares with her parents in the 11900 block of Old Tuscany Place at the Colony Lakes Estates subdivision in New Port Richey, Florida. When her parents went to bed at 11:00 p.m., Francique was standing on the front porch talking on the phone and smoking a cigarette.
Map view. The entrance mentioned location is Colony Lakes Drive and SR 52. This area is called moonlake. if you look at the areal map view it does look very swampy even 13 years later.
Google Maps

If you have a MSM link naming the husband then it should be posted when referencing a POI or suspect. Then he can be sleuthed.
One of the reasons we have these rules is exactly what happened here. Family members read our posts many times and I'm guessing Stefanie Francique's daughter is about 17 now. I'm sure it is disheartening to read that her father's criminal past on a website and someone questioning what kind of parent he is. So even if you have a link referencing his name that law enforcement is looking at him and discuss questions you have to have regarding his criminal history, we should never mention the child.

I will avoid this thread henceforward. My interpretation of the rules is fundamentally different to yours which seems designed to reduce everything to handwringing and offers nothing in progressing forward. I would have thought linking to a LE site was even better than an MSM site but what do I know. What I do know is that if we adhered to your version of the rules I would not have been able to make any progress in those cases which I have moved forward. As an example; I have recently posted on the Christine Markham case, drawing attention to Ronald Castree as a POI. This was only possible by drawing attention to his subsequent conviction in a different case. In this case a subsequent conviction is also relevant (but in no way probative) and requires being exposed.

But I will stick to threads where we need not disagree.

I zoomed in on the map (thanks Sleuthster). At the entrance of the subdivision, I do not see a "shallow pond" by the entrance. I see trees, some low lying land a little distance away, which is generally a designated wetland. It is strange to me that she would walk all the way up to the main entrance to be picked up rather than say, the intersection of Colony Lakes Blvd and Old Tuscany Pl. There is a retention pond there with a small area stretching in the direction of the home. I'd be interested to know exactly where her personal items were found. There does appear to be some ATV trails in the area.

November in Florida is generally dry unless we get a late season hurricane. I don't see anything listed for the 2007 hurricane season that came into. or formed. in the Gulf of Mexico. I would be very surprised if the surrounding area, unless a designated wetland, was particularly wet or swamp like at the time.

Snip:
An extensive search of the area revealed that there were fresh tire tracks near a shallow pond at the entrance of the neighborhood. A pack of cigarettes was found nearby as well. It's possible that Stefanie was picked up at this spot, but this has not been confirmed.

upload_2021-1-20_14-3-30.png
True Case Files: The Disappearance of Stefanie Francique

upload_2021-1-20_14-0-20.png

Bones found at New Port Richey construction site: Pasco sheriff | wtsp.com

Bones, likely human, found at Pasco County construction site, deputies say | WFLA

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is this not like right behind her last known address? Or very close by at least.
Yes I believe that was the name of the subdivision or something.

snip:
According to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office, they were found Monday as work was being done in the Moon Lake area. The sheriff's office says the bones appear to be human, but they are still investigating to make a final determination.

Stefanie Francique disappeared from the 11900 block of Old Tuscany Place of Colony Lakes Estates home that she shared with her father and stepmother Nov. 5, 2007, and hasn’t been heard from or seen since.

She was 24 years of age at the time of her disappearance and left behind a 4-year-old daughter.

More at Without A Trace: 24-Year-Old Florida Mom Missing Since 2007

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back