GA - 3 Young Boys Arrested In Rape Case

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14635513/detail.html
POSTED: 5:46 am EST November 19, 2007
UPDATED: 10:49 am EST November 19, 2007

ACWORTH, Ga. -- Police say they've arrested three young boys on charges they kidnapped and raped an 11-year-old girl in the woods near an Acworth apartment complex.

Police say the boys -- who are 8 and 9 years old -- are in a Cobb County youth detention center but face adult criminal charges. (more plus video at link)

:mad:

"Prosecutors said they have yet to decide whether to try the suspects as adults."

Oh well then, if they are, in that case they don't have to worry. :rolleyes:

Other than that I don't know what to think about this.

When do children cease to be children in our world? How do 8 and 9 year old boys even KNOW about things like rape? The rape happened on Thursday and wasn't reported until Saturday, so we have to see what evidence is forthcoming. That is what makes cases like this so difficult. You have to always wonder if the mother of the little girl (who reported the rape), doesn't have some axe to grind with one or more of the parents of the little boys. I feel like a for even questioning the little girl's story, but the world has taught us that you have to question everything! Scully and Mulder were correct on the X-files - Trust No One.

Even though this case sounds horrific, I don't know if these kids should be tried as adults. I'm sure there will be others that disagree, but that's how I feel anyway.

I guess it depends on their prior history etc too, and just exactly what the facts are. We probably won't hear much more since these kids are minors, age-wise.

IMO

This is the third case in the last few weeks that I have seen of 8 and 9 yr old boys raping an 11 yr old girl. It's crazy. I hope that the little girl and the boys all receive help.

I'm with Reannan in that I want some forensic evidence to verify that this really happened.

If it did happen, then here are 3 young boys capable of kidnap and rape at ages 8 and 9. Hell, yes, they should be tried as adults. Imagine what they'll be capable of at 18 and 19.

I disagree that you charge an 8 or 9 as an adult-what you do is treat and follow them.. Give them probation until they are a fully formed adult to make sure that they are monitored. Discover what put the idea and then the action into their heads...etc...Clearly these children are not being monitored closely by a parent if they get it into their heads to commit a rape at that age.

I'm with Reannan in that I want some forensic evidence to verify that this really happened.

If it did happen, then here are 3 young boys capable of kidnap and rape at ages 8 and 9. Hell, yes, they should be tried as adults. Imagine what they'll be capable of at 18 and 19.

One name says it all ....... RYAN HARRIS
I want some serious proof before I'll buy that 8 or 9 year old boys did this.

I don't know about treating and following. If they are that young and that, for lack of a better word, bad, please don't place them anywhere near my daughters, no matter how "reformed" they claim to be.

Can an 8/9 year old boy even ejaculate? Not that you need to to commit rape.

These kids need to be monitored-but let's see we can put the three of them in juvy where they will most likely be victimized by older boys. Then they will come out angrier and smarter-they will just kill the next child right? Isn't that the pattern? The question is why don't they get that you cannot drag a playmate into the woods and violate her? Where was the edit that should have stopped them from doing this?

One name says it all ....... RYAN HARRIS
I want some serious proof before I'll buy that 8 or 9 year old boys did this.

I had to look up Ryan Harris to know who you were talking about. I doubted it was the football player who kept popping up on my searches, so I put in "Ryan Harris rape" and got a ton of hits. Most of them I can't access from work, but I read a couple of articles. There was some question in that case as to whether or not the penis of a child that young is even strong enough to penetrate. More and more, I am wanting proof that this happened. Why did it take so long to come forward? Is there any physical proof? What have the boys said?

There's got to be more to this story. I just can't buy it until I hear the whole story and both sides.

I had to look up Ryan Harris to know who you were talking about. I doubted it was the football player who kept popping up on my searches, so I put in "Ryan Harris rape" and got a ton of hits. Most of them I can't access from work, but I read a couple of articles. There was some question in that case as to whether or not the penis of a child that young is even strong enough to penetrate. More and more, I am wanting proof that this happened. Why did it take so long to come forward? Is there any physical proof? What have the boys said?

There's got to be more to this story. I just can't buy it until I hear the whole story and both sides.

The Ryan Harris case was infamous for a child false confession case. The PD discounted the fact that the little girl had been sexually assaulted even though her panties were stuffed in her mouth. The boy's "confession" was obtained by a police officer who spoke briefly with them. He lied on the stand. The case was just outrageous. Eventually, DNA evidence was found and the boys were exonerated. They're lives have been utterly destroyed. The payout they received from the city can't even come close to compensating them for what happened.

There's a thread somewhere on the case here at WS ... I'll try to find it if you're interested.

The thread is named ILLINOIS POLITICS and it's in the archived Riley Fox forum. Starting on page 5 there's a discussion that occurred during the civil trial of one of the boys against the city.

golfmom, sure, I'd like to read the thread. I find it hard to believe that boys that age are capable of kidnapping and rape. If they are, isn't that grounds that they are already "broken" and beyond repair?

I do remember a case a few years ago where two young boys were charged with murder when they threw another boy out a window. It turned out that they were trying to teach the other boy, who had been shoplifting, a lesson. They wanted to "scare him straight." Things got out of control, the boy fell, and the two boys were murderers. It would be different than this case. They didn't deliberately kill that other child. To me, if someone that age is capable of such a violent crime, there is little to be done in terms of reform. But I'm probably very, very jaded.

Thanks, I see you posted it!

Well if this is true, and someone that age would be capable of doing something like this, I would have it thoroughly investigated where they learned that stuff. Which takes me right back to the 'they were probably abused themselves' in that case. I just don't know if I believe the story...

....I want some serious proof before I'll buy that 8 or 9 year old boys did this.

Me too, golfmom. From the way the article reads, I have some real questions as to whether or not the girl changed her story after the parents found out. More information is needed.

In any event, I cannot think of any set of circumstances where I would want 8 and 9 year olds to be tried as adults. JMO.

They should be charged as adults if they commit an adult crime such as rape, murder, sexual abuse/assault. Already at that age, i don't see much hope for reform. They obviously learned it from somewhere, assuming in their home. What kind of parents are going to raise children who go out and rape at such a young age? If they did do this, they are already angry enough for juvie. If they get charged with more crimes while in juvie (varies on the state; FL does this) when they are old enough to leave juvie, they get sent to adult prison.

They're way too young ... this has got to be LEARNED behavior. There was an article at CTV that stated that the girl *agreed* to sex with the boys. I can't imagine that would be the case either.

These stories lately just show how some children can be led and follow other children. Witnessing explicit sexual behavior, domestic violence, and being sexually acted out on by other kids can cause children to start acting out on others and continue even after their own neglect or abuse has stopped, and it can happen quickly and pretty easily because some will sneak around and wait for an opportunity using bribes and coercion to get other kids to go along. This country needs intensive in-patient centers for kids who commit sexual crimes against other children. They need it before they ever go this far.

:blushing::confused: Someone with children, an expert... someone, anyone

Could you please explain to me how this is physiologically possible? CAN such young boys be capable of sexual arousal and activity?

I'm not being sarcastic; I honestly did not know this. 8 or 9???

MG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back