Bill Nye the Science Guy Stalked by "Recovering Oboist" Author ex...

misterallgood

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.truecrimeweblog.com
This is from my professional gig, freelancing for RADAR Magazine:

"Science Guy Bill Nye Watches Garden, Marriage Die."

Bow-tied Nye was supposedly married to author Blair Tindall. Their ceremony was even officiated by no less than Rick Warren, he of The Purpose-Driven Life. Then Nye and Tindall found out that their marriage certificate was somehow "invalid," and, well... things just got weird, after that.

Steve/Mr. A

Crud, I have to wait to get home to read it. The site is blocked here.

My favorite sentence from your article: "A chemical reaction ensued and the pair bonded in holy matrimony in February 2006."

Wow, what a mess. Who knew Bill Nye wanted someone that was "athletic".

Nice job, Steve!

I giggled for a while after I wrote about Ms. Tindall enduring her bicycle wreck, the death of her father, and a viewing of Ed Begley's reality show.

*Shudder*

Bill Nye was more fun when he was on PBS. I worked at a PBS station back then, too -- his show was incredibly popular. Not "Barney" popular, but up there.

(Hey, anyone who clicks through and reads the article, do me a favor and click the "recommend it" link at the bottom of the post... well, only if you do recommend it.)

Steve/Mr. A

Geez, it's early and I haven't had my coffee yet. :loser: I confess to my dorkness.

The thing that gets me. . . . if it's "Bill Nye the Science Guy", couldn't he have done some kind of test to find out what that "mysterious solvent" was? Hmmmmm.

It's nice to read an article where all the necessary links are provided!

:blushing: I used to watch the Ed Begley show and :blushing: remember that episode.

FLMom, I also wondered why Bill Nye didn't whip out his beaker and test the remaining fluid in those containers!

It's nice to read an article where all the necessary links are provided!

:blushing: I used to watch the Ed Begley show and :blushing: remember that episode.

FLMom, I also wondered why Bill Nye didn't whip out his beaker and test the remaining fluid in those containers!

I apologize for snickering at "whip out his beaker."

I have no idea why I found that phrase so funny.

None at all. :innocent:

I read the paperwork at "The Smoking Gun." They both need to grow up.

We love Bill Nye, the Science Guy at school. We have his complete set of videos because they go so well with our science curriculum. One day in the computer lab, I let my kids Google him and some kid found a "Bill Nye, the Sexy Guy" site. :doh: I guess the filters were taking a break.

He had a great show many years ago on Saturday mornings that had lots of pizzaz. I've always enjoyed him as the "science guy", but other than that he was kind of like Pee-Wee Herman to me. Sometimes you don't really want to go behind the curtain.

Did anyone watch the youtube video? **yawn** I can see how their chemistry didn't mix!

I want to know more about why the marriage was invalid. Steve, that sounds like an interesting expose you could work on if problem has anything to do with Rick Warren and/or his church.

How horrible to think you are married only to find you aren't, even if you don't want to be.
:waitasec:

so misterallgood, you wrote that article?

wow! :twocents:

If you mean the one at RADAR, yes. They seem to be warming up to my work.

This isn't my first professional writing, though, Glow -- I wrote for The Crime Library between 2005 and 2006 -- I don't even remember how many articles by me they have there, anymore.

Thanks!

Steve/Mr. A

I loved PBS' Bill Nye the Science Guy! I'm sorry to see his personal life isn't so rosy. :( OMG! No pun intended! I can't BELIEVE I missed that! :blushing: :laugh: :blushing:

I don't get it. So, they got married, and everything was "fine" (ie, it probably wasn't, but nobody was making any plans to get out of it) and then the paperwork came back funny and he threw her out? What was he planning to do if the paperwork was OK?

How weird!

Cool article, way to go Mr. A!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288