Peterson's Money

Sedona

Reaction score
He has....
- A nice house
- 6 kids
- wife didn’t work
- a $20,000 plane (and it cost a lot to fly)
- claims to have had $25,000 in the safe
- a motorcycle
- RV
- Pool
- Anything I may have left out?

But even before the death of Savio, he paid to put Stacey up in an apartment, bought her a car, furniture, and within the marriage, he claims to have purchased high end jewelry for her, tummy tucks, breast implants, braces, hair implants, etc. etc.

He said that life insurance from Savio went into a protected fund for the children, so did he get any of it? Some of it?

He has retired as a Sergeant, and just from what I know about law enforcement, his life style doesn’t match his salary.:twocents:

I've wondered about that, too unless he invests. He did own businesses, and maybe with the sale of them he made some cash.

I don't have a link, but another poster found out that Drew made about 92,000.00 a year. He resigned with a pension of 6000.00Mo/72,000.00YR.

I don't have a link, but another poster found out that Drew made about 92,000.00 a year. He resigned with a pension of 6000.00Mo/72,000.00YR.

Is $92,000 a year a normal salary for a desk sargeant at retirement age?
I've been doing research and it seems that the average salary for a policeman of his rank is around $50,000 at the end of their career.

I'm wondering- Does this town have a higher than average pay scale or has the mayor given Peterson special raises?

I've been doing research and it seems that the average salary for a policeman of his rank is around $50,000 at the end of their career.

I'm wondering- Does this town have a higher than average pay scale or has the mayor given Peterson special raises?

It doesn't seem right does it?

~snip
his monthly retirement stipend, effectively allowing him to resign and rake in three-fourths of his $97,083.38 annual salary for the rest of his life. He will be paid $6,067.71 a month starting in December.

http://tinyurl.com/29ts2v

TG,
I believe the facts as stated. I am questioning if it is usual and average for a desk sargeant to retire making right at $100,000/annually or if DP had a friend in high places ( mayor) who helped get special raises for him.

The people I have known who were married to people in LE had a very modest lifestyle.. even the chief of police's wife.

TG,
I believe the facts as stated. I am questioning if it is usual and average for a desk sargeant to retire making right at $100,000/annually or if DP had a friend in high places ( mayor) who helped get special raises for him.

The people I have known who were married to people in LE had a very modest lifestyle.. even the chief of police's wife.

Many people in LE including Feds qualify for public assistance. I don't get either how Drew was able to collect that much. I am glad that the Chief is going after Drew.

I just read an article stating that Kathleen Savio questioned how Drew could afford to buy a new $200,000 home with Stacy just down the street from their former home he shared with Kathleen, which was also $200,000.

This was before she died, before he received any money from their divorce settlement. :waitasec:

Hmmm, this is NEW information to me. I had thought his plane and toys came AFTER the insurance settlement from Kathleen's death.

I am still playing catch up on the case.

Something is smelling here.

Earlier things I had read inferred that DP had allowed drug sales in his BAR, when he owned that. Wonder how deep into the drug business he actually MIGHT have still been????????

I would like to know what type of funds were used for the 'real estate closing on 'the' house for Stacy? Can someone on WS dig up that information from the Title Company that handled the closing? Could the purchase have been from a "For Sale By Owner", with owner of 'the' house carrying the loan paper?

I don't subscribe to any investigative search services, anyone else up for this?

I believe that there was more than one insurance policy and he owned a STRING of businesses -- somewhere buried in one of the threads gives a partial list of the estate.

Seriously, unless he received a large inheritance from family member or was a genius at investments, it makes no sense that he could accumulate everything that he did ... makes you think he was either taking bribes or laundering money.

Earlier things I had read inferred that DP had allowed drug sales in his BAR, when he owned that. Wonder how deep into the drug business he actually MIGHT have still been????????.

And I'm sure he didn't do that for free. According to Ric, the bar, IIRC, was 40 miles from BB. It was far away from prying eyes.

I believe that there was more than one insurance policy and he owned a STRING of businesses -- somewhere buried in one of the threads gives a partial list of the estate.

Seriously, unless he received a large inheritance from family member or was a genius at investments, it makes no sense that he could accumulate everything that he did ... makes you think he was either taking bribes or laundering money.

The thing that gets me is that DP was a full time police officer, skirt chaser (that does take time), father to several children (2 of them young- also time intensive), pilot AND a business owner. How could he juggle all that? :confused:
Many times, I've thought I'd like to own a business, but the practical side of me knows that it would be a very time consuming endeavor, plus I have no formal education in "business". How did Drew do all of that? Had he been to college? (forgive me that I missed that):confused:
What a lucky man to keep all those balls in the air, PLUS succeed at his business(es)!:confused:

And I'm sure he didn't do that for free. According to Ric, the bar, IIRC, was 40 miles from BB. It was far away from prying eyes.

Maybe this is the answer to my post above. :bang: Wow...what a prince of a guy!;)

I just read an article stating that Kathleen Savio questioned how Drew could afford to buy a new $200,000 home with Stacy just down the street from their former home he shared with Kathleen, which was also $200,000.

This was before she died, before he received any money from their divorce settlement. :waitasec:

Supporting all those kids (yes, even grown ones:p ) costs alot of money on top of that!

...you know what they say-"follow the money"!

Owning a bar and several other businesses... can anyone say MONEY LAUNDERING???? :mad:

And one business was a printing/copy operation. A few years ago this same type of business was repeatedly, in different cases, involved in money laundering and mail fraud. One that I recall is from Los Angeles.

Is there any way to get ahold of the pay scale for BBPD? Drews salary is not the norm. If it is, it's outrageous. Locals have posted on other boards that their property tax runs about 700.00 a month! If that is true, the residents need to throw a hissy fit and make some changes.

I thought that salary unbelievable too even for a SGT. with 29 years on the force.
:confused:

And one business was a printing/copy operation. A few years ago this same type of business was repeatedly, in different cases, involved in money laundering and mail fraud. One that I recall is from Los Angeles.

Is there any way to get ahold of the pay scale for BBPD? Drews salary is not the norm. If it is, it's outrageous. Locals have posted on other boards that their property tax runs about 700.00 a month! If that is true, the residents need to throw a hissy fit and make some changes.

That's what I was thinking as well, Jana. My ex was a cop and he didn't make any where near that kind of salary. And, our lifestyle wasn't as lavish as DP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back