GUILTY PA - Kenneth Himrod, 28, shot to death, Union City, 20 Nov 2007

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Terry Sherlock of Union Township, PA took matters into his own hands and murdered Kenneth Himrod who was accused of molesting Sherlock's son. Mr. Sherlock at one point asked to be commited because he was having trouble dealing with the crime commited against his child. Meanwhile Himrod has been accused of molesting a five year old as well. From my own personal experience I can say this is oneof the reasons children don't tell they were violated. Even though I was too young to understand even what it was and was warned not to tell anyone somehow I knew my dad would have blew the head off the man that raped me as a child. I truly feel for these families.http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071121/NEWS02/711210398

Filly, I am very sorry for your experience. It makes me sick.

I can muster no sympathy whatsoever for this child molester or any other. Bastards. I can't blame this father. I know I would want to do the same.

Terry Sherlock of Union Township, PA took matters into his own hands and murdered Kenneth Himrod who was accused of molesting Sherlock's son. Mr. Sherlock at one point asked to be commited because he was having trouble dealing with the crime commited against his child. Meanwhile Himrod has been accused of molesting a five year old as well. From my own personal experience I can say this is oneof the reasons children don't tell they were violated. Even though I was too young to understand even what it was and was warned not to tell anyone somehow I knew my dad would have blew the head off the man that raped me as a child. I truly feel for these families.http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071121/NEWS02/711210398

I know exactly how you feel. My stepfather beat the man almost to death that molested me.

I know it is hard for these parents not to kill the bastards, I would feel the same way, but don't they realize that after something like that happens to their child, they will need the parents even more? Now this poor boy has more to deal with. Many prayers to him.

Okay, this is totally different from the RSO that was beheaded because he was not molesting children. I know that if someone hurt one of our kids, if my husband was able would blow off their head. I could do it myself I am sure. I just hope they get good lawyers. Since he was acting crazy before he might be able to get off on insanity plea and this is one instance I would be okay with that. Maybe prosecutors will work a little harder from now on.

I know it is hard for these parents not to kill the bastards, I would feel the same way, but don't they realize that after something like that happens to their child, they will need the parents even more? Now this poor boy has more to deal with. Many prayers to him.

That's exactly why I never told my parents. They would have been so outraged they'd have done things. I couldn't afford to lose them. I couldn't be the cause of all the chaos that would happen. To have that happen on top of the pain, anger, sadness and humiliation. That is one reason why my DD knows (even though she probably thinks I am nuts for telling her stuff like that) that whatever happens to her, I promise to always be there for her and not turn into a raving lunatic. I hope this will always remain a theory though. :)

That's exactly why I never told my parents. They would have been so outraged they'd have done things. I couldn't afford to lose them. I couldn't be the cause of all the chaos that would happen. To have that happen on top of the pain, anger, sadness and humiliation. That is one reason why my DD knows (even though she probably thinks I am nuts for telling her stuff like that) that whatever happens to her, I promise to always be there for her and not turn into a raving lunatic. I hope this will always remain a theory though. :)

I had the same experience Janet. I also knew my father had guns and wouldn't hesitate to do something. My father knows the name of my rapist now, and my mother and I have discussed what would happen if my father ever ran into him. I would have never forgiven myself if my father had attacked on my behalf. You struggle enough to not blame yourself as it is, if the rest of my family's life was destroyed and my father was in prison for killing my rapist, I probably would have considered killing myself.

Much love and prayers to all of you who have posted on here who have experienced something similar.

I was the same way. My mom noticed a change in me and kept asking but I would noty tell her what was wrong. My mom is half nuts already, God bless her, I love her more than life and she would have killed someone. I am sorry for what you went through. Your daughter is lucky that she has a mom that loves her so much :)

Lots of ((hugs)) to all of you. My general reaction is to think that I would beat the crap out of anyone that touched my children. I doubt I would be able to do anything in reality though.

You guys have given me another way of looking at this.

I was in my early teens when stuff started happening to me. I didn't say anything to anyone because I didn't think anyone would believe me! I never once thought about what my dad would do. Now that I think about it...he might have killed the guy.

The sad thing in this article is that the father ASKED for help because he knew he couldn't restrain himself. It's sad nobody could do anything. Now, you're right. The abused boy has so much more on his plate to deal with.

God bless them.

Isnt it sad how many of us just on this thread have been abused in this way? Im sorry for all of your pain and mine. I know I say what I would do but I also do understand that being there for my kids is more important than taking out the person that hurt them. Its something none of us would know unless it happened and pray to God it never does.

When I read that article it brought so much to the surface. I am sincerely so sorry for the pain any of you guys have suffered. Hopefully I didn't trigger anyone as I know that can happen. From this poor dad asking for help to some of us having gone through this it just goes to show the impact one freak can have on individuals, families and society alike. Again, I am sorry for everyone's suffering. My father was a police officer and the man who molested me knew my dad would kill him, BUT as always they can't control their impulses and take those chances. There's no rehabilitating these people.

I think Filly and JanetElaine make an excellent point here.

Although I certainly understand the strong feelings, maybe we need to stop indulging ourselves with wild statements about how we would take the law into our own hands. At least around children. It isn't good for them for a lot of reasons.

The wild statements *here* do make me feel a little better. Sorry, but it's true. It's nothing I would say in front of my children though.

I think Filly and JanetElaine make an excellent point here.

Although I certainly understand the strong feelings, maybe we need to stop indulging ourselves with wild statements about how we would take the law into our own hands. At least around children. It isn't good for them for a lot of reasons.

Nova, ya know raising my own child I was so careful in regards to this. Basically what happened to me dictated the way I raised my child up. Even when something like this would come on TV I was careful not to "react". Trust me it is hard to do, but I always wanted to be sure my child could come to me with anything. Oh, I sure felt like freaking out each time I heard of these rotten people, but God forbid my child was harmed I think she'd have been afraid to tell thinking I'd grab a firearm and wind up in prison. The whole thing just stinks. All of it. I feel so bad for this dad though. He asked for help.

The wild statements *here* do make me feel a little better. Sorry, but it's true. It's nothing I would say in front of my children though.

You're just one wild chick though Taxi Mom. I jest. I have the utmost respect for you as a parent. I know in my case though me+intense anger=everybody heading for the hills. Besides I have my mom to fend for all that. She's always said one of the grands were harmed she's so old she'd do the time. Once again, another effect thanks to the freak that hurt me. She carries guilt. Lady, was having a hysterectomy and one time allowed me to go with her girlfriend of many years. ONCE! Poor mom. Yeah she doesn't speak much, but she goes to the range. Everybody watch out. You do what is right for you, TM. We all have different ways of raising up our kids.

Aw, thanks, Filly. My sentiments exactly. You do the same. You're mom sounds wonderful. I see you inherited some of that wonderfulness!

I think everyone has different stages to go through and that plays a part in our reactions as well. Sometimes I have a Lifetime Movie moment where I want to take the one guy out. NOBODY would know and I'd be real careful about leaving forensic evidence! :D That doesn't happen too often though.

It's kind of nice venting here with others that understand all the different emotions. We do have to keep our children in mind though.

:blowkiss: to y'all.

Good for him! One less perv on the streets. I really do hope they don't give him a lot of time. As a parent, i can relate to where he was coming from and the anger he felt as his son was harmed. He did, after all, tell the police he was having problems dealing with it and requested mental health help. If the police took his words for certain, they would have realized he might be a danger to the pervert. Such an incident no doubt would cause an isolated psychotic break.

Sometimes I have a Lifetime Movie moment where I want to take the one guy out. NOBODY would know and I'd be real careful about leaving forensic evidence! :D That doesn't happen too often though.
Taxi Mom, I think I'm in your Lifetime Movie as your partner. I have the same exact thing happen to me. Oh then again no partners. Ya always do it alone. Tell nobody. Can you imagine us though let loose on pervedom? I'd be karate chopping somebody and how. I feel really bad for this man and his family though. Now what's the son going to do?

Sorry, Taxi, you are right. I should have been clearer that there's a big difference between venting at WS and exploding in front of a child.

Nova, ya know raising my own child I was so careful in regards to this. Basically what happened to me dictated the way I raised my child up. Even when something like this would come on TV I was careful not to "react". Trust me it is hard to do, but I always wanted to be sure my child could come to me with anything. Oh, I sure felt like freaking out each time I heard of these rotten people, but God forbid my child was harmed I think she'd have been afraid to tell thinking I'd grab a firearm and wind up in prison. The whole thing just stinks. All of it. I feel so bad for this dad though. He asked for help.

Well done you! I won't pretend to understand everything you feel, but I can certainly imagine how difficult that was (and, in fact, what a sacrifice for the good of your child).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back