1142 users online (223 members and 919 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Stacy Sightings and Other Case Phenomena

Drew received letter about Stacy 'sighting'

Joel Brodsky, attorney for former police sergeant Drew Peterson says Peterson received an unsigned letter on Tuesday (November 20th) giving a detailed description of a sighting of his missing wife, Stacy.

Brodsky says Peterson opened the letter today (Thursday November 22nd?) and immediately called the Illinois State Police as well as his attorneys to notify them of the development.

The letter is said to have carried a Peoria postmark and was dated Monday November 19th. Supposedly, it detailed an encounter the writer had with Stacy on Monday November 12th at a Kroger grocery store in Peoria.

Brodsky says the letter describes a man whom the writer said appeared to be in Stacy's company.

Brodsky declined to release the letter itself, telling The Associated Press he doesn't want to do anything to ''impede the investigation.''

Now, why would someone write a letter like that directly to Drew Peterson?
    Wouldn't it make more sense to send it directly to the Illinois State Police?

Did a friend of Drew's write that letter?

This reminds me of that letter Paulus Van der Sloot supposedly got from Natalee.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    Drew received letter about Stacy 'sighting'

Joel Brodsky, attorney for former police sergeant Drew Peterson says Peterson received an unsigned letter on Tuesday (November 20th) giving a detailed description of a sighting of his missing wife, Stacy.

Brodsky says Peterson opened the letter today (Thursday November 22nd?) and immediately called the Illinois State Police as well as his attorneys to notify them of the development.

The letter is said to have carried a Peoria postmark and was dated Monday November 19th. Supposedly, it detailed an encounter the writer had with Stacy on Monday November 12th at a Kroger grocery store in Peoria.

Brodsky says the letter describes a man whom the writer said appeared to be in Stacy's company.

Brodsky declined to release the letter itself, telling The Associated Press he doesn't want to do anything to ''impede the investigation.''

Now, why would someone write a letter like that directly to Drew Peterson?
    Wouldn't it make more sense to send it directly to the Illinois State Police?

Did a friend of Drew's write that letter?
    It wouldn't surprise me if they wrote it, being that his attorney is a patron saint when it comes to upholding the law and exhibiting professional conduct. IMO, of course. *smirk*

I overlooked another possible sighting earlier this week.

"Stacy Peterson's family received an anonymous call this week to a tip line reporting a sighting of the missing Bolingbrook mother in Florida, but they're not taking such reports seriously.

"I'm sure Stacy looks like a lot of people," family spokeswoman Pam Bosco said. "We want Stacy to come home. But this is anonymous, and we won't believe it until we get a call from police with Stacy in hand.""

Family skeptical about reports of Peterson sightings

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    Always remember "The best defense is a good offense" They are going to start discrediting this girl to put doubt in everyone's mind.
    This is a bunch of horse do-do.
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

Here is the full Associated Press report:

Atty: Letter Says Cop's Wife Sighted

By CARLA K. JOHNSON

"Brodsky said Peterson hopes the letter, which describes a sighting of a possibly pregnant Stacy Peterson in Peoria, will lead authorities to his wife.

Pamela Bosco, a close friend of Stacy Peterson's family, scoffed at the idea. She said the family has received "tons of letters," signed and unsigned, from psychics and others claiming to know the missing woman's whereabouts.

"We got a letter saying she was seen in Florida," Bosco said. "She's traveling an awful lot, isn't she?"

The writer of the letter, dated Nov. 19, said Stacy Peterson wasn't alone when spotted in a Peoria supermarket and might have been trying to be noticed. She appeared to have "a little pudge," the letter writer wrote, asking if she was pregnant.

Brodsky declined to release the letter itself."

This one just smells, imo.

Florida I can understand, but is Peroria a good vacation destination? I would think since he claimed at one time she went on vacation, that they would make up a better location. Grocery shopping isn't something I'd do on vacation.

Wonder how much those tips cost him?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Wonder if she was wearing her bikini since DP said that is all the clothing that is missing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    Wonder if she was wearing her bikini since DP said that is all the clothing that is missing!!
    haha! That's exactly what I was thinking.

FUNNY, I was thinking the SAME thing.

I was wondering if she was wearing bed linens.

I'm watching Greta now and I don't know if its a rerun or new. The police of chief was on and now Cassandra. Anyway, what caught my eye is the pic of Stacy they showed with her age and vitals and at the bottom it said "Last seen wearing a red jogging suit"....first time I've heard/seen that.

I don't know if the Peoria sighting is credible or not. I'm holding out hope that she IS alive.

My husband, conspiracy theorist that he is, came up with a very plausible theory today regarding Stacy's disappearance. Maybe she felt this was the only way out of her failing marriage. To run and leave no trace. Make it look like DP did something to her, as this would create skepticism about Kathleen Savio's death! Maybe Stacy's waiting for the official autopsy results and DP to be arrested and charged with KS' murder before she shows herself and comes back for her kids. That way she doesn't have to deal with him in divorce court whatsoever, since he'll be in jail for Kitty's murder....

Plausible... yes. Probable... maybe?

Remember during the Lacy Peterson case there was a supposed sighting of her in Washington or Oregon in a grocery store? I'm sure this story is about as credible as that one.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast