Stacy Sightings and Other Case Phenomena

i.b.nora

I am polka dot
Reaction score
Drew received letter about Stacy 'sighting'

Joel Brodsky, attorney for former police sergeant Drew Peterson says Peterson received an unsigned letter on Tuesday (November 20th) giving a detailed description of a sighting of his missing wife, Stacy.

Brodsky says Peterson opened the letter today (Thursday November 22nd?) and immediately called the Illinois State Police as well as his attorneys to notify them of the development.

The letter is said to have carried a Peoria postmark and was dated Monday November 19th. Supposedly, it detailed an encounter the writer had with Stacy on Monday November 12th at a Kroger grocery store in Peoria.

Brodsky says the letter describes a man whom the writer said appeared to be in Stacy's company.

Brodsky declined to release the letter itself, telling The Associated Press he doesn't want to do anything to ''impede the investigation.''

Now, why would someone write a letter like that directly to Drew Peterson?
Wouldn't it make more sense to send it directly to the Illinois State Police?

Did a friend of Drew's write that letter?

This reminds me of that letter Paulus Van der Sloot supposedly got from Natalee.

Drew received letter about Stacy 'sighting'

Joel Brodsky, attorney for former police sergeant Drew Peterson says Peterson received an unsigned letter on Tuesday (November 20th) giving a detailed description of a sighting of his missing wife, Stacy.

Brodsky says Peterson opened the letter today (Thursday November 22nd?) and immediately called the Illinois State Police as well as his attorneys to notify them of the development.

The letter is said to have carried a Peoria postmark and was dated Monday November 19th. Supposedly, it detailed an encounter the writer had with Stacy on Monday November 12th at a Kroger grocery store in Peoria.

Brodsky says the letter describes a man whom the writer said appeared to be in Stacy's company.

Brodsky declined to release the letter itself, telling The Associated Press he doesn't want to do anything to ''impede the investigation.''

Now, why would someone write a letter like that directly to Drew Peterson?
Wouldn't it make more sense to send it directly to the Illinois State Police?

Did a friend of Drew's write that letter?

It wouldn't surprise me if they wrote it, being that his attorney is a patron saint when it comes to upholding the law and exhibiting professional conduct. IMO, of course. *smirk*

I overlooked another possible sighting earlier this week.

"Stacy Peterson's family received an anonymous call this week to a tip line reporting a sighting of the missing Bolingbrook mother in Florida, but they're not taking such reports seriously.

"I'm sure Stacy looks like a lot of people," family spokeswoman Pam Bosco said. "We want Stacy to come home. But this is anonymous, and we won't believe it until we get a call from police with Stacy in hand.""

Family skeptical about reports of Peterson sightings

Here is the full Associated Press report:

Atty: Letter Says Cop's Wife Sighted

By CARLA K. JOHNSON

"Brodsky said Peterson hopes the letter, which describes a sighting of a possibly pregnant Stacy Peterson in Peoria, will lead authorities to his wife.

Pamela Bosco, a close friend of Stacy Peterson's family, scoffed at the idea. She said the family has received "tons of letters," signed and unsigned, from psychics and others claiming to know the missing woman's whereabouts.

"We got a letter saying she was seen in Florida," Bosco said. "She's traveling an awful lot, isn't she?"

The writer of the letter, dated Nov. 19, said Stacy Peterson wasn't alone when spotted in a Peoria supermarket and might have been trying to be noticed. She appeared to have "a little pudge," the letter writer wrote, asking if she was pregnant.

Brodsky declined to release the letter itself."

This one just smells, imo.

Florida I can understand, but is Peroria a good vacation destination? I would think since he claimed at one time she went on vacation, that they would make up a better location. Grocery shopping isn't something I'd do on vacation.

Wonder if she was wearing her bikini since DP said that is all the clothing that is missing!!

I'm watching Greta now and I don't know if its a rerun or new. The police of chief was on and now Cassandra. Anyway, what caught my eye is the pic of Stacy they showed with her age and vitals and at the bottom it said "Last seen wearing a red jogging suit"....first time I've heard/seen that.

I don't know if the Peoria sighting is credible or not. I'm holding out hope that she IS alive.

My husband, conspiracy theorist that he is, came up with a very plausible theory today regarding Stacy's disappearance. Maybe she felt this was the only way out of her failing marriage. To run and leave no trace. Make it look like DP did something to her, as this would create skepticism about Kathleen Savio's death! Maybe Stacy's waiting for the official autopsy results and DP to be arrested and charged with KS' murder before she shows herself and comes back for her kids. That way she doesn't have to deal with him in divorce court whatsoever, since he'll be in jail for Kitty's murder....

Plausible... yes. Probable... maybe?

Remember during the Lacy Peterson case there was a supposed sighting of her in Washington or Oregon in a grocery store? I'm sure this story is about as credible as that one.

I didn't follow the Laci Peterson case very closely, but i HIGHLY doubt that DP is mimicking the Laci/Scott case. Either way, I tend to follow local cases; cases that I could possibly make an impact on...

I hope LE is thoroughly investigating the letter... checking motels/hotels in the area... IF she is alive, I honestly hope that they find her so DP isn't charged with anything regarding Stacy (we all know he murdered Kathleen Savio, so let justice be served!)...

I'm watching Greta now and I don't know if its a rerun or new. The police of chief was on and now Cassandra. Anyway, what caught my eye is the pic of Stacy they showed with her age and vitals and at the bottom it said "Last seen wearing a red jogging suit"....first time I've heard/seen that.

The funny thing about the red jogging suit is, how does Drew know what she was wearing if he woke up at 11am and she was gone? And how did she remove the bed linens if Drew was sleeping on them? :waitasec:

Small world! it just so happens that both Drew and his lawyer Brodsky were in Peoria the morning of November 19 to be interviewed by Matt Lauer using a satellite connection. They were at the local NBC affiliate station.

Pretty strange that the person who sent the letter decided not to contact Peoria or BB police, not to ask the Kroger staff to call police or save their video tape, did not contact Stacy's family or Illinois state police. They didn't even call Drew anonyomusly from a pay phone. Nope, they sat back, seeing the searchers on TV every day, trudging thru underbrush, dragging ponds, Stacy's parents and sisters heartbroken. They decided to forego any reward money, didn't tell anyone at all for five days, then snail-mailed a letter without giving their name.

What a coincidence...Drew and Brodsky being in Peoria on the exact same day our tipster who doesn't want to be identified finally decides to drop Drew a line.

Susan
progress.gif

I remembered that when it hit the news that DP would be on Today the morning of Nov. 19, I heard a teaser for the show say that DP would not be in New York again, but would be via satellite from the local NBC Tv Station.
Remember, the second interview was reported to have been done because his new lawyer wanted to dispute and discredit Baden's statement that Kathy's death was a homicide. This was the first I saw of Mr. Brodsky.

I looked on Newslink.com for Illinois tv stations and found NBC is in Peoria.

Susan
progress.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee