NJ NJ - Cranbury, NJ Turnpike, BlkFem 16-20, UP1523, jewelry, cape type coat, poss smoker, Feb'77

I did submit the young woman as a possible. Hopefully, they will let me know one way or the other.

I did submit the young woman as a possible. Hopefully, they will let me know one way or the other.
Dearest Sugie,:blowkiss:
Thank-you very much for your help. Can you please keep us updated about your submission?

Much Respect,
dark_shadows

Nothing new on this?

Feb. 28th is coming up soon. She was found Feb. 28th 1977.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Thank you Dark Shadows for bumping this. I'm sorry, but I have not heard anything from the contacts. My Dad passed away on New Year's Eve. He and my mother were married for 54 years, so I have been spending all my spare time with her. She is so lost. I will try to re-contact next week and see if there is anything new.
Sugie

My dearest Sugie,:blowkiss:
I am so very sorry that I missed your post from months ago. I am so very sorry for your loss. Please forgive me for not being on this thread in so many months.
I called a reporter recently about this case and another case. She returned my phone call, but it was a voice message, I missed her call. I called back last week and left another message and then called again and she was out of the office. I am going to try again on monday and I hope that I can speak to her on the phone. I will post here when I am able to speak to her.

So much Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

there are no details listed on the thread.

the UID was a black female, estimated to be between 16-20 y.o., 5'7" and 125 lbs.

no DNA, no fingerprints so we are left with dentals. according to the dental section "Teeth 8 AND 9 PR0TRUDE ANTERI0RLY". would that make her buck toothed?

there are no details listed on the thread.

the UID was a black female, estimated to be between 16-20 y.o., 5'7" and 125 lbs.

no DNA, no fingerprints so we are left with dentals. according to the dental section "Teeth 8 AND 9 PR0TRUDE ANTERI0RLY". would that make her buck toothed?

https://identifyus.org/cases/1523

DNA now changed to

She was wearing a number of pieces of jewelry that someone might recognize.

White metal ladies ring with heart shape in metal.
White metal ladies ring with clear stone.
Yellow metal "interlocking effect" 14K ladies ring.
Yellow metal oval shape ring with rose and stem.
Yellow metal twist bracelet.
White metal Seiko ladies watch with black leather strap.
(Photo: https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/12104)

Her Namus was updated in May of this year and also new sketch was added - https://identifyus.org/cases/1523

For those who don't favour clicking on links much, here are some of the photos

There are some information on FB that I have not seen in her NamUs profile. Info probably came from one of the agencies listed. I have highlighted the new information below. Maybe not important but new info also states which ring was found on which finger.

Cranbury, Middlesex County, New Jersey

Unidentified black Female

NamUs UP # 1523
Date of Discovery: February 28, 1977
Location of Discovery: Cranbury, Middlesex County, New Jersey
Estimated Date of Death: 2-3 days prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable due to traumatic injuries
Cause of Death: Homicide by gunshot

Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate
Estimated Age: 15-21 years old
Race: Black
Height: 5'7" Measured
Weight: 125 lbs Measured
Hair Color: Black or brown, kinky, tied back with an elastic band.
Eye Color: Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: May have been a smoker. Right ear pierced, but not stated if she wore an earring. Long fingernails that were polished along with her toenails.

Dentals: Available. Several slight gaps in between her top front teeth.

Fingerprints: Not available.

DNA: Available.

Clothing: Indian print hooded wool coat with black/rust/blue colors, blue Levis, brown/beige/blue striped cowl-neck sweater, pantyhose, white bikini panties with "togetherness" in dark brown print and an outline of two babies, and bone color 4" high heeled shoes (size 9B).

Her shoes were traced to a store in Brooklyn, New York.

Jewelry: White metal or gold ring with a clear or aquamarine stone worn on her left middle finger. White metal/silver or gold ring with a small heart worn on her left ring finger. Yellow metal/14k gold ladies ring with an interlocking effect worn on her right ring finger. Yellow metal or silver oval-shaped ring with a rose and stem on the top worn o her right middle finger.

Yellow metal/gold twisted bracelet worn on her right wrist. White metal ladies Seiko watch with a black leather strap worn on her left wrist.

Case History

The victim's body was found in an area adjacent to the northbound access ramp leading from the Molly Pitcher Service Area or Molly Pitcher Commuter Bus Ramp to the northbound lanes of the NJ Turnpike in Cranbury Township. She had been shot in the head twice.

Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;
Agency Name: Middlesex County Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Donna Fontana
Agency Phone Number: 732-745-3190
Agency Name: New Jersey State Police
Agency Contact Person: Major Crimes Unit
Agency Phone Number: 800-709-7090 or 609-882-2000
Agency Name: Cranbury Township Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 609-395-0031
Agency Case Number: ME: 68-77; LE: H207712; NCMEC: 1184303
NCIC Case Number: U640501623
NamUs UP #1523

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)
NJSP
NCMEC
NamUs UP # 1523

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
435UFNJ

Case Numbers

NCMEC Number1184303
ME/C Case Number68-77
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 20
Estimated Age Range (Years)16-20
Estimated Year of Death1977
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 7"(67 inches) , Measured
Weight125 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundFebruary 28, 1977
NamUs Case CreatedApril 1, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
General Location--Cranbury, New Jersey
CountyMiddlesex County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryBody was found off of the New Jersey Turnpike.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair DescriptionBlack hair which is pulled back with an elastic band
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorUnknown or Missing
Right Eye ColorUnknown or Missing
Eye DescriptionUnknown
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Piercing
Right ear pierced

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Black/rust/blue cape type coat with hood. Blue Levis. Brown/beige/blue striped shirt. Pantyhose. White bikini panties with dark brown writing "togetherness" and an outline of two babies.
On the Body

Footwear
High heeled shoes - bone color - 4 inch heels.
On the Body

Jewelry
White metal ladies ring with heart shape in metal. White metal ladies ring with an Aquamarine birth stone (March). Yellow metal "interlocking effect" 14K ladies ring. Yellow metal oval shape ring with rose and stem. Yellow metal twist bracelet. White metal Seiko ladies watch (serial #8300159) with black leather strap.

Original

Cranbury, NJ has a population of almost 4000. Strange she ended up there?

Original
Original
Original
Original
Original

There are a few more photos on namus. One with the ring on the victims hand. She's a lightskinned black female.

Would love to see DNA DOE doing her. Don't think she's on doenetwork either.

How did she die? when she was found she wasn't dead for long.

She is off by a couple of inches but went about 2 weeks before this girl was found.

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP26363Jeanene Ranette Bowman, Female, Black / African American

Date of Last Contact
February 10, 1977
Missing From
Buffalo, New York

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:
@othram

No pm but there is alot of clues aswell as a photo of her hands with rings. I think this one is solvable.

Bumping for her, let her be identified. I think this is an very interesting case that needs more publicity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back