GUILTY FL - Sean Taylor, NFL player, 24, fatally shot, Palmetto Bay, 26 Nov 2007

ljwf22

Reality continues to ruin my life.
Reaction score
Redskins safety Sean Taylor shot in Florida, in critical condition

MIAMI (AP) -- Washington Redskins star safety Sean Taylor was in critical condition after he was shot at his Florida home Monday, police said.
Officers were dispatched to Taylor's home at about 1:45 a.m. He was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital, police Detective Alvaro Zabaleta said. He didn't know what part of his body was injured.

Link:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-taylorshooting&prov=ap&type=lgns

How strange that there had been several burglaries at his home in the last few weeks. Could this have been a stalker? Is his home the only home in the neighborhood burglarized?

I have to admit when I heard he'd been shot in the groin area, I thought it might have been an angry ex-girlfriend. I don't know this young man's character though.

How strange that there had been several burglaries at his home in the last few weeks. Could this have been a stalker? Is his home the only home in the neighborhood burglarized?

I have to admit when I heard he'd been shot in the groin area, I thought it might have been an angry ex-girlfriend. I don't know this young man's character though.
I know I heard this morning he has some type of weapons charge pending aginst him now, and the sports guys were saying something to the effect, of if you run with dogs, you get fleas-

If the sports guys are saying that...they would know.

But police were still investigating the attack, which came just eight days after an intruder was reported at Taylor's home. Officers were dispatched about 1:45 a.m. Monday after Taylor's girlfriend called 911.

Sharpstein said Taylor's girlfriend told him the couple was awakened by loud noises, and Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection. Someone then broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one missing and one hitting Taylor, Sharpstein said. Taylor's 1-year-old daughter, Jackie, was also in the house, but neither she nor Taylor's girlfriend were injured.

Police found signs of forced entry, but have not determined if they were caused Monday, or the previous burglary.

The shooting happened in the pale yellow house he bought two years ago in the Miami suburb of Palmetto Bay. Eight days before the attack someone pried open a front window, rifled through drawers and left a kitchen knife on a bed at Taylor's home, according to police. ``They're really sifting through that incident and today's incident,'' Miami-Dade Detective Mario Rachid said, ``to see if there's any correlation.''
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-1127taylor,0,1202158.story

I think I would have moved to a hotel or something if this happened to me!! :eek:

I'm glad his girlfriend and daughter weren't hurt.

This is very tragic. Probably one of the the most tragic parts is that his girlfriend, who called 911, or any other person who might have been present in the house was apparently not able to put direct pressure on the wound , probably to the femoral artery in the groin area, to slow the bleeding. He bled out to the point of not having enough blood carrying oxygen going to his heart or brain within a few minutes.

I hope everyone learns basic first aid emergency care. This is an example of how it might could have saved a life. I can't say for sure, but firm direct pressure with hands and towels, a pillow, whatever was close by would probably have slowed the bleeding until the Metro EMS could get there. It seems that he didn't live in a secluded place.

This guy could most likely also have afforded a state of the art security system and guards. So tragic!!

CNN is reporting the police have declared this a Homcide.also there are reports coming out saying that the phone lines were cut and that is why it took so long to call 911.

I was talking to a freind yesterday about this. He told me his step-son a few years back fell of his bike. And the handlebar gouged a hole in his leg and got his fermoral artery. If he had not applied pressure using both hands while his wife drove to the hopsital. The DR told him after a 6 hour surgery. My buddy saved the boys life.

One of the VT victims was shot in this artery also, he's the big guy we saw carried out of there by his arms and legs by the troopers with blood running down his leg. He SURVIVED because he made a turnequet out of an extension cord in the room.

One of the VT victims was shot in this artery also, he's the big guy we saw carried out of there by his arms and legs by the troopers with blood running down his leg. He SURVIVED because he made a turnequet out of an extension cord in the room.

Yes, I remember that now. Thanks for bringing that up. He remembered his training. Men usually use their belts for tourniquets. However, if the GSW is high up on the leg, in the femoral artery in the bend of where the leg joins the torso, a tourniquet is usually not possible and direct firm continuous pressure may be the only on the scene means to slow bleeding. It usually won't stop bleeding, but it's a better alternative than what happened to Sean Taylor.

CNN is reporting the police have declared this a Homcide.also there are reports coming out saying that the phone lines were cut and that is why it took so long to call 911.

I was talking to a freind yesterday about this. He told me his step-son a few years back fell of his bike. And the handlebar gouged a hole in his leg and got his fermoral artery. If he had not applied pressure using both hands while his wife drove to the hopsital. The DR told him after a 6 hour surgery. My buddy saved the boys life.

They didn't have cell phones in the Taylor home? All I can say is " Wow".
Also, new security systems automatically use a sealed, dedicated cell phone and call 911 with the equipment's cell phone the second the hard wired phone lines are cut for any reason.

I'm so glad your friend's step-son lived. That must have been some wicked bike accident.

They didn't have cell phones in the Taylor home? All I can say is " Wow".
Also, new security systems automatically use a sealed, dedicated cell phone and call 911 with the equipment's cell phone the second the hard wired phone lines are cut for any reason.

I'm so glad your friend's step-son lived. That must have been some wicked bike accident.

No they had one. But she could not located it right away.From what my buddy was telling me. The kid was doing what every kid does. They made a ramp and was riding up and going off of it and he landed wrong

Yes, I remember that now. Thanks for bringing that up. He remembered his training. Men usually use their belts for tourniquets. However, if the GSW is high up on the leg, in the femoral artery in the bend of where the leg joins the torso, a tourniquet is usually not possible and direct firm continuous pressure may be the only on the scene means to slow bleeding. It usually won't stop bleeding, but it's a better alternative than what happened to Sean Taylor.

Mean A tourniquet around the neck would not help?????:rolleyes: :D :crazy:

Mean A tourniquet around the neck would not help?????:rolleyes: :D :crazy:

LOL, I'm sorry if you thought my post was stupid. I didn't mean it to be. Some people do not know where the femoral artery is.

LOL, I'm sorry if you thought my post was stupid. I didn't mean it to be. Some people do not know where the femoral artery is.

Nah I was be a smart AleC. The post was not stupid. I know freinds of mine would love to put the belt around my neck to stop bledding in the leg J/K

Question: What was he doing home Sunday night? I assume the Skins played on Sunday. I did hear at the beginning that he had an injury, but I understand he was last seen at a Saturday team meeting. Even if injured, don't players usually sit on the sidelines during the game? Was he at the game Sunday. If so, just how fast did he get home? Something doesn't smell exactly right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back