Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: GUILTY-Redskins' Sean Taylor shot at home, *WATCH THE TRIAL*

Hybrid View

GUILTY-Redskins' Sean Taylor shot at home, *WATCH THE TRIAL*

Redskins safety Sean Taylor shot in Florida, in critical condition

MIAMI (AP) -- Washington Redskins star safety Sean Taylor was in critical condition after he was shot at his Florida home Monday, police said.
    Officers were dispatched to Taylor's home at about 1:45 a.m. He was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital, police Detective Alvaro Zabaleta said. He didn't know what part of his body was injured.

Link:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 11-04-2013 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Change title
    Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. ~ Mark Twain

The beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Virginia
    How sad...........

Sean Taylor dies from gunshot wound

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has died, a day after he was shot in the leg, said family friend Richard Sharpstein.

Prayers for his family and friends.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

To help the victims of the deadly tornadoes, please click here.

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

This is such a tragic story.

How strange that there had been several burglaries at his home in the last few weeks. Could this have been a stalker? Is his home the only home in the neighborhood burglarized?

I have to admit when I heard he'd been shot in the groin area, I thought it might have been an angry ex-girlfriend. I don't know this young man's character though.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    How strange that there had been several burglaries at his home in the last few weeks. Could this have been a stalker? Is his home the only home in the neighborhood burglarized?

I have to admit when I heard he'd been shot in the groin area, I thought it might have been an angry ex-girlfriend. I don't know this young man's character though.
    I know I heard this morning he has some type of weapons charge pending aginst him now, and the sports guys were saying something to the effect, of if you run with dogs, you get fleas-

The beautiful Shenandoah Valley in Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by j2mirish View Post
    I know I heard this morning he has some type of weapons charge pending aginst him now, and the sports guys were saying something to the effect, of if you run with dogs, you get fleas-

He still didn't deserve to be murdered....he was a 24 year old young man with a child for heaven's sake who was trying to turn his life around.

If the sports guys are saying that...they would know.

But police were still investigating the attack, which came just eight days after an intruder was reported at Taylor's home. Officers were dispatched about 1:45 a.m. Monday after Taylor's girlfriend called 911.

Sharpstein said Taylor's girlfriend told him the couple was awakened by loud noises, and Taylor grabbed a machete he keeps in the bedroom for protection. Someone then broke through the bedroom door and fired two shots, one missing and one hitting Taylor, Sharpstein said. Taylor's 1-year-old daughter, Jackie, was also in the house, but neither she nor Taylor's girlfriend were injured.

Police found signs of forced entry, but have not determined if they were caused Monday, or the previous burglary.

The shooting happened in the pale yellow house he bought two years ago in the Miami suburb of Palmetto Bay. Eight days before the attack someone pried open a front window, rifled through drawers and left a kitchen knife on a bed at Taylor's home, according to police. ``They're really sifting through that incident and today's incident,'' Miami-Dade Detective Mario Rachid said, ``to see if there's any correlation.''
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-1127...,1202158.story

I think I would have moved to a hotel or something if this happened to me!!

I'm glad his girlfriend and daughter weren't hurt.

Reuters article:
    Facts about Sean Taylor
    http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...47245120071127

This is very tragic. Probably one of the the most tragic parts is that his girlfriend, who called 911, or any other person who might have been present in the house was apparently not able to put direct pressure on the wound , probably to the femoral artery in the groin area, to slow the bleeding. He bled out to the point of not having enough blood carrying oxygen going to his heart or brain within a few minutes.

I hope everyone learns basic first aid emergency care. This is an example of how it might could have saved a life. I can't say for sure, but firm direct pressure with hands and towels, a pillow, whatever was close by would probably have slowed the bleeding until the Metro EMS could get there. It seems that he didn't live in a secluded place.

This guy could most likely also have afforded a state of the art security system and guards. So tragic!!

CNN is reporting the police have declared this a Homcide.also there are reports coming out saying that the phone lines were cut and that is why it took so long to call 911.

I was talking to a freind yesterday about this. He told me his step-son a few years back fell of his bike. And the handlebar gouged a hole in his leg and got his fermoral artery. If he had not applied pressure using both hands while his wife drove to the hopsital. The DR told him after a 6 hour surgery. My buddy saved the boys life.
    TYBEE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=61288

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    CNN is reporting the police have declared this a Homcide.also there are reports coming out saying that the phone lines were cut and that is why it took so long to call 911.

I was talking to a freind yesterday about this. He told me his step-son a few years back fell of his bike. And the handlebar gouged a hole in his leg and got his fermoral artery. If he had not applied pressure using both hands while his wife drove to the hopsital. The DR told him after a 6 hour surgery. My buddy saved the boys life.
    They didn't have cell phones in the Taylor home? All I can say is " Wow".
    Also, new security systems automatically use a sealed, dedicated cell phone and call 911 with the equipment's cell phone the second the hard wired phone lines are cut for any reason.

I'm so glad your friend's step-son lived. That must have been some wicked bike accident.

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
    They didn't have cell phones in the Taylor home? All I can say is " Wow".
    Also, new security systems automatically use a sealed, dedicated cell phone and call 911 with the equipment's cell phone the second the hard wired phone lines are cut for any reason.

I'm so glad your friend's step-son lived. That must have been some wicked bike accident.
    No they had one. But she could not located it right away.From what my buddy was telling me. The kid was doing what every kid does. They made a ramp and was riding up and going off of it and he landed wrong

One of the VT victims was shot in this artery also, he's the big guy we saw carried out of there by his arms and legs by the troopers with blood running down his leg. He SURVIVED because he made a turnequet out of an extension cord in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    One of the VT victims was shot in this artery also, he's the big guy we saw carried out of there by his arms and legs by the troopers with blood running down his leg. He SURVIVED because he made a turnequet out of an extension cord in the room.
    Yes, I remember that now. Thanks for bringing that up. He remembered his training. Men usually use their belts for tourniquets. However, if the GSW is high up on the leg, in the femoral artery in the bend of where the leg joins the torso, a tourniquet is usually not possible and direct firm continuous pressure may be the only on the scene means to slow bleeding. It usually won't stop bleeding, but it's a better alternative than what happened to Sean Taylor.

Yes, I remember that now. Thanks for bringing that up. He remembered his training. Men usually use their belts for tourniquets. However, if the GSW is high up on the leg, in the femoral artery in the bend of where the leg joins the torso, a tourniquet is usually not possible and direct firm continuous pressure may be the only on the scene means to slow bleeding. It usually won't stop bleeding, but it's a better alternative than what happened to Sean Taylor.
    Mean A tourniquet around the neck would not help?????

Mean A tourniquet around the neck would not help?????
    LOL, I'm sorry if you thought my post was stupid. I didn't mean it to be. Some people do not know where the femoral artery is.

LOL, I'm sorry if you thought my post was stupid. I didn't mean it to be. Some people do not know where the femoral artery is.
    Nah I was be a smart AleC. The post was not stupid. I know freinds of mine would love to put the belt around my neck to stop bledding in the leg J/K

Question: What was he doing home Sunday night? I assume the Skins played on Sunday. I did hear at the beginning that he had an injury, but I understand he was last seen at a Saturday team meeting. Even if injured, don't players usually sit on the sidelines during the game? Was he at the game Sunday. If so, just how fast did he get home? Something doesn't smell exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnGoddess View Post
    Question: What was he doing home Sunday night? I assume the Skins played on Sunday. I did hear at the beginning that he had an injury, but I understand he was last seen at a Saturday team meeting. Even if injured, don't players usually sit on the sidelines during the game? Was he at the game Sunday. If so, just how fast did he get home? Something doesn't smell exactly right.
    From what I am hearing. Because he was not playing on Sunday. He was excused from showing up at the game.Even if he was a the game in Tampa it would not take a long timne to get to his house.I wonder though if they got any prints off the knife that was left on his bed 8 days earlier?

From what I am hearing. Because he was not playing on Sunday. He was excused from showing up at the game.Even if he was a the game in Tampa it would not take a long timne to get to his house.I wonder though if they got any prints off the knife that was left on his bed 8 days earlier?
    Thanks JDB, I didn't think about an away game. Tampa would be close enough to hop a flight, or even drive across Alligator Alley. All very strange. First troubling clue was the family not wanting any updates given by Jackson Memorial Hospital. First news was that only family was in the house at the time of the shooting. Very strange, but given the lives to excess of some young players, almost anything is possible.

He suffered a knee injury in the Nov 11 game and was out for a few weeks.

I live less than 2 miles away from his home. I am very surprised I didn't hear any sirens that night. No, I never met him, never really heard about him till now.

The papers down here said he grew up in West Perrine, which is a very low income area and only about six miles west of his current home. West Perrine is a very rough part of town. It is kind of strange how you can have two very different neighborhoods so close to each other.

His father, Pedro, is the police chief of Florida City, 25 miles south of here and the gateway for the Keys. (Key Largo, down to Key West) I am not sure how long his father has served on the force or as police chief.

Sean's high school, Gulliver Prep, is a very expensive private school. The tuition is over $20000.00 per year. I bet he received a football scholarship to attend the school. Gulliver is also where OJ Simpson sent his two children to school after they moved here, although OJ lives about 6 miles north and 8 miles west. How about that???? You didn't guess there could be an OJ connection to this. Sean and his kids probably attended together.

The papers here also reported his phone lines were cut outside so the alarm system was down. (Our alarm system at work automatically calls cell numbers if the phone line is disconnected -I have to wonder why the security service did not do that for Sean.) The house also has a good-sized wall around it and a gate, but I guess they knew how to get in. Also, if you go east of his house, it would be less than a block walk to the ocean. No beaches there, I don't think, it would be stinky mangroves.

I have 3 scenarios as to why he was shot:

1. Someone in his family/circle owes money for gambling/drugs, etc. and Sean would not pay the debt for them so the debtor killed him.

2. He had a side girlfriend here and she/her family got tired of waiting for him to dump the baby mama.

3. Baby mama found out he had side girlfriends and told him no more or else and she had firends/family try to scare him into being faithful but it went horribly wrong.

I am willing to bet he had people from his childhood dragging him down still. (Like someone said: you run with dogs - you get fleas.) I will try to post more information if I see something that is only covered locally, not nationally.

Also, if anyone finds any background on his girlfriend, I would love to see that.

Tammie from Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Luzer View Post
    He suffered a knee injury in the Nov 11 game and was out for a few weeks.

I live less than 2 miles away from his home. I am very surprised I didn't hear any sirens that night. No, I never met him, never really heard about him till now.

The papers down here said he grew up in West Perrine, which is a very low income area and only about six miles west of his current home. West Perrine is a very rough part of town. It is kind of strange how you can have two very different neighborhoods so close to each other.

His father, Pedro, is the police chief of Florida City, 25 miles south of here and the gateway for the Keys. (Key Largo, down to Key West) I am not sure how long his father has served on the force or as police chief.

Sean's high school, Gulliver Prep, is a very expensive private school. The tuition is over $20000.00 per year. I bet he received a football scholarship to attend the school. Gulliver is also where OJ Simpson sent his two children to school after they moved here, although OJ lives about 6 miles north and 8 miles west. How about that???? You didn't guess there could be an OJ connection to this. Sean and his kids probably attended together.

The papers here also reported his phone lines were cut outside so the alarm system was down. (Our alarm system at work automatically calls cell numbers if the phone line is disconnected -I have to wonder why the security service did not do that for Sean.) The house also has a good-sized wall around it and a gate, but I guess they knew how to get in. Also, if you go east of his house, it would be less than a block walk to the ocean. No beaches there, I don't think, it would be stinky mangroves.

I have 3 scenarios as to why he was shot:

1. Someone in his family/circle owes money for gambling/drugs, etc. and Sean would not pay the debt for them so the debtor killed him.

2. He had a side girlfriend here and she/her family got tired of waiting for him to dump the baby mama.

3. Baby mama found out he had side girlfriends and told him no more or else and she had firends/family try to scare him into being faithful but it went horribly wrong.

I am willing to bet he had people from his childhood dragging him down still. (Like someone said: you run with dogs - you get fleas.) I will try to post more information if I see something that is only covered locally, not nationally.

Also, if anyone finds any background on his girlfriend, I would love to see that.

Tammie from Miami
    I don't think it was #1. Debtors don't kill. They break kneecaps. They certainly can't collect money from you if you're dead. I think it was stated nothing was stolen from the house.

It sounds to me like a personal vendetta. Perhaps a lover's quarrel. Which makes me wonder if the girlfriend knows more than she's letting on.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast