708 users online (80 members and 628 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,160

    Kevin DuBrow found dead in his home

    How sad. I loved Quiet Riot in the 80's.

    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/157...iet_riot.jhtml

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMom View Post
    How sad. I loved Quiet Riot in the 80's.

    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/157...iet_riot.jhtml
    Not just the 80's - their new album REHAB is quite good. We got it a while ago (my metal head daughter and I) and the voice is the same we all recognize, but the sound is heavier - better. A much improved Quiet Riot. This totally bites!
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,376
    Wow. I don't really follow current music trends, but this makes me sad. I remember listening to this album over and over and over...

    Like part of my childhood has died.

    RIP

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Not Of This World
    Posts
    21,642
    That sucks. RIP!


    Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

    Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

    10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

    Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

    Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Wow. I don't really follow current music trends, but this makes me sad. I remember listening to this album over and over and over...

    Like part of my childhood has died.

    RIP

    They had more than one album. :-) I've always been told I'm an album listener instead of a top 40 listener (like it's a bad thing?) ha ha! I'm guessing the album you're thinking of is Metal Health? Right? Do I get a cookie? :-)
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,267
    Oh, this is sad

    I loved Quiet Riot in the 80's, too.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,232
    Metal Health is a classic. I'm going to listen to it in tribute. RIP

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,376
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    They had more than one album. :-) I've always been told I'm an album listener instead of a top 40 listener (like it's a bad thing?) ha ha! I'm guessing the album you're thinking of is Metal Health? Right? Do I get a cookie? :-)
    Well, yes, I know there was more than one album, but I was specifically remembering being about 13 and playing Cum on Feel the Noize over and over and over again...as soon as it ended I'd lift the needle (yes, the needle!) and restart it. My poor parents!

    Payback is a *****. My sons both are metalheads and play their iPods at ear shattering volume.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Well, yes, I know there was more than one album, but I was specifically remembering being about 13 and playing Cum on Feel the Noize over and over and over again...as soon as it ended I'd lift the needle (yes, the needle!) and restart it. My poor parents!

    Payback is a *****. My sons both are metalheads and play their iPods at ear shattering volume.
    haha, i had that ALBUM too! on my cool little record player. i loved that song. and i was also 13. it was actually on the radio a few days ago (before he even died) and my son, who is 13 asked who it was and i went into a WHOLE history of my 'metal' phase as a teenager. we cranked it up on the radio. i notice they use it in a gum commercial too. he liked the rocking out version MUCH better though!

    poor kevin. RIP

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Well, yes, I know there was more than one album, but I was specifically remembering being about 13 and playing Cum on Feel the Noize over and over and over again...as soon as it ended I'd lift the needle (yes, the needle!) and restart it. My poor parents!

    Payback is a *****. My sons both are metalheads and play their iPods at ear shattering volume.
    My daughter is a metalhead and plays her cellphone/music player/cd player/car stereo etc. at ear shattering volume as well. THANKFULLY, I am a metal head too - and it's wonderful! :-)
    FUN... is a renewable resource!


  11. #11

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    1,570
    Quote Originally Posted by close_enough View Post
    It's so sad that he was dead for days before someone even checked on him.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    It's so sad that he was dead for days before someone even checked on him.
    --i think "pathetic" is a better word to describe his death--taking cocaine in his '50's!--didn't he know what cocaine does to the heart?? apparently he didn't learn from Richard Pryor, George Carlin, or Sam Peckinpah--what a dumbazz

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,300
    So how come this thread is in Up To The Minute, and he ends up dead from a cocaine overdose, while the death of rapper Pimp C was most likely of natural causes but got moved from here to Crimes In The News? *hides*

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton View Post
    --i think "pathetic" is a better word to describe his death--taking cocaine in his '50's!--didn't he know what cocaine does to the heart?? apparently he didn't learn from Richard Pryor, George Carlin, or Sam Peckinpah--what a dumbazz

    You'd think as long as he was doing cocaine, he'd know the right "dose" by now...

    Just kidding. I think it's sad. I liked his voice, well, still do. Donna and I have played Quiet Riot in the car ever since the news first broke.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NJ - Man dead in home for a year before body found
    By wfgodot in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 12:58 AM
  2. MONK Psychiatrist Found Dead In Home
    By MsRusty in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 01:28 AM
  3. Dead Pets & More Found In Home
    By Jean in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 10:46 PM