708 users online (80 members and 628 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kevin DuBrow found dead in his home

How sad. I loved Quiet Riot in the 80's.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/157...iet_riot.jhtml

Quote Originally Posted by FLMom View Post
    How sad. I loved Quiet Riot in the 80's.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/157...iet_riot.jhtml
    Not just the 80's - their new album REHAB is quite good. We got it a while ago (my metal head daughter and I) and the voice is the same we all recognize, but the sound is heavier - better. A much improved Quiet Riot. This totally bites!
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Wow. I don't really follow current music trends, but this makes me sad. I remember listening to this album over and over and over...

Like part of my childhood has died.

RIP

That sucks. RIP!

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Wow. I don't really follow current music trends, but this makes me sad. I remember listening to this album over and over and over...

Like part of my childhood has died.

RIP

They had more than one album. :-) I've always been told I'm an album listener instead of a top 40 listener (like it's a bad thing?) ha ha! I'm guessing the album you're thinking of is Metal Health? Right? Do I get a cookie? :-)

Oh, this is sad

I loved Quiet Riot in the 80's, too.

Metal Health is a classic. I'm going to listen to it in tribute. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    They had more than one album. :-) I've always been told I'm an album listener instead of a top 40 listener (like it's a bad thing?) ha ha! I'm guessing the album you're thinking of is Metal Health? Right? Do I get a cookie? :-)
    Well, yes, I know there was more than one album, but I was specifically remembering being about 13 and playing Cum on Feel the Noize over and over and over again...as soon as it ended I'd lift the needle (yes, the needle!) and restart it. My poor parents!

Payback is a *****. My sons both are metalheads and play their iPods at ear shattering volume.

Well, yes, I know there was more than one album, but I was specifically remembering being about 13 and playing Cum on Feel the Noize over and over and over again...as soon as it ended I'd lift the needle (yes, the needle!) and restart it. My poor parents!

Payback is a *****. My sons both are metalheads and play their iPods at ear shattering volume.
    haha, i had that ALBUM too! on my cool little record player. i loved that song. and i was also 13. it was actually on the radio a few days ago (before he even died) and my son, who is 13 asked who it was and i went into a WHOLE history of my 'metal' phase as a teenager. we cranked it up on the radio. i notice they use it in a gum commercial too. he liked the rocking out version MUCH better though!

poor kevin. RIP

My daughter is a metalhead and plays her cellphone/music player/cd player/car stereo etc. at ear shattering volume as well. THANKFULLY, I am a metal head too - and it's wonderful! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by close_enough View Post
    It's so sad that he was dead for days before someone even checked on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    It's so sad that he was dead for days before someone even checked on him.
    --i think "pathetic" is a better word to describe his death--taking cocaine in his '50's!--didn't he know what cocaine does to the heart?? apparently he didn't learn from Richard Pryor, George Carlin, or Sam Peckinpah--what a dumbazz

So how come this thread is in Up To The Minute, and he ends up dead from a cocaine overdose, while the death of rapper Pimp C was most likely of natural causes but got moved from here to Crimes In The News? *hides*

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hamilton View Post
    --i think "pathetic" is a better word to describe his death--taking cocaine in his '50's!--didn't he know what cocaine does to the heart?? apparently he didn't learn from Richard Pryor, George Carlin, or Sam Peckinpah--what a dumbazz

You'd think as long as he was doing cocaine, he'd know the right "dose" by now...

Just kidding. I think it's sad. I liked his voice, well, still do. Donna and I have played Quiet Riot in the car ever since the news first broke.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast