1217 users online (233 members and 984 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

British teacher sentenced to 40 lashes,for naming teddy bear Muhammad.

A British primary school teacher arrested in Sudan faces up to 40 lashes for blasphemy after letting her class of 7-year-olds name a teddy bear Muhammad.
    Gillian Gibbons, a 54-year-old mother of two from Liverpool, was arrested at her lodgings at Khartoum's Unity High School yesterday, accused of insulting the Prophet of Islam.

http://tinyurl.com/352sal
    Carolyn Pruyser missing since May 17,1984 please read her about her case Here

OK am I wrong or is this absolutely ridiculous!!!!! If I were her I would be terrified. This seems to be completely irrational. WOW!

Would that be as blasphemous as naming a teddy bear God? Of course, in the US the teacher wouldn't be arrested but it would be weird to all Christians.

I sincerely doubt there would be any outcry from Christians if a teddybear was names 'Jesus' or 'God'. It also is beside the point, IMO.

Another chance for islam to prove how peaceful this religion really is. Oh no wait, these are the excesses. Yeah. Right.

That poor woman.

Quote Originally Posted by miimaa View Post
    Would that be as blasphemous as naming a teddy bear God? Of course, in the US the teacher wouldn't be arrested but it would be weird to all Christians.
    maybe it would be weird,but it wouldn't be a crime(and there would be no "lashes" involved)

Aren't some of the men named Muhammed? Maybe the woman was set up. I hope the children aren't mistreated or beaten for actually naming the bear, and I hope that this woman gets the heck out of that horrible country somehow before this barbaric idiotic sentence is carried out.

They need to get her out of there are to a US Embassy right away, it sounds serious. Muslims are ridiculous over there, i don't see how naming the bear is blasphemy. All those male muslims have Muhammed in their names. I'm a Christian and if the bear was named Jesus i wouldn't see any harm in it. Many people name their children Jesus and Mary. These countries are extremist Muslims who obviously take things too seriously to the extent of harming people.

This is one of those instances where it would be heartening to hear some outcry from the 'non extremist' Muslims that were constantly told are the vast majority of this 'basicly benign belief system'.
    I wouldnt hold your breath.
    If im proved wrong in this instance or other recent ones just like it I will happily retract the above statement.

How does anyone survive a lashing? She's 54 yrs old and it seems she might have a heart attack at that age.

I am so sorry for this woman.

Just being a woman can be a crime in some Islamic countries it seems. I certainly hope the British Embassy intervenes if it's one of their citizens and their school. Wake up people!!!!!! Women are worthless!!!!! A goat is more valuable!!!!!!

From the sound of it, she hasn't been sentenced. The sentence for blasphemy is up to 40 lashes - doesn't mean she'll get it. I don't agree with any sentence for blasphemy, but so far, they haven't sentenced her to anything, so there's still every chance they won't.

I still think it's totally irrational to even have such a law, to even consider such a sentence, but I don't want to condemn Sudan until they actually take a step towards sentencing her. And the young men idiots who are protesting and threatening - boy - I really feel like cutting all aid to Sudan... But then there's plenty of good people there too, no doubt. From reading between the lines of some of what the gov't is saying, they're trying to keep the Muslims happy in a non-theocracy, without them getting upset enough to topple the gov't - just my feeling there. So they have to appease them. Don't know - how do you deal with the bloodthirsty primitive idiots without destroying the chance of the children to grow up to be something better, without trapping many good people at the mercy of the bloodthirsty primitive idiots.

Breaking News on Fox. Teacher has been found guilty. Sentenced to 15 days and will be deported from the Sudan. No word yet on the lashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    How does anyone survive a lashing? She's 54 yrs old and it seems she might have a heart attack at that age.

I am so sorry for this woman.

Depends how hard they strike, what your pain threshold is and what you're thinking at the time. Pain releases endorphins. After the first few lashes, you don't really feel them the same.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by Squishified View Post
    Breaking News on Fox. Teacher has been found guilty. Sentenced to 15 days and will be deported from the Sudan. No word yet on the lashes.
    I bet she's sad about that part.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast