981 users online (131 members and 850 guests)  

Websleuths News

Off Topic But Just Gotta Ask River Or Maketoast

My intention is not to be petty but I find myself getting more and more annoyed.

My recollection is that River had asked all of us posting to please put a disclaimer on all our posts that our statements were personal opinions only. Maxi also had reminded everyone on a few occasions.

This was done to avoid legal problems for the website and for River.

It has been asked numerous and countless times.

Now I have to wonder why there are some posters (3 that I noticed), one of whom has been here quite some time and knows better and has been reminded many times, who refuse to comply with the RULES OF THE FORUM

Even when asked directly, the question and request goes ignored. So I have to ask:

Is this really a forum rule? If so, I have to ask why these same posters who I believe are forum members of *******'s forum, why they are so comfortable breaking the rules here and ignoring the administration and moderator requests when they wouldn't dare do that at their own forum.

If it is not really a rule, then I stand corrected.

Petty? Maybe

But it bothers me enough to ask. It's healthier than seething over it.
    This is my opinion only
    This post may not be copied to any other forum

God Bless America

Barbara

They may be following the instruction of their guru. She has made several derogatory comments about the posting of disclaimers.
    This is only my opinion

Let the focus be on Madeleine

Together we can make a difference

Alert Viewer in Scotland

Member of Websleuths since April 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    They may be following the instruction of their guru. She has made several derogatory comments about the posting of disclaimers.
    I thought the SKANK retired???!!!
    ...We have said to ourselves, look, there is never going to be a victory in this, there is no victory...John Ramsey: 6/24/98

Good Questions, Barbara. I don't know who you are referring to, but everyone is supposed to state in their posts that they are expressing their opinion.

That's rather crazy, I know. We are an opinion forum~ so you'd think that this would just be a 'given.' Not so, according to our attorney.

Barbara-
    I have asked every member who post's on this board who doesn't have an IMO, to please add one. I have sent several messages asking posters to do so. Most agree. As River said, this is an OPINION board..so why not show it? For those of you who do not have one, add one! Thanks-

Bumping this up.

I would like to know why Toth and one or two others seem to feel they are exempt from following the rules set by the administration.
    This is my opinion only
    This post may not be copied to any other forum

God Bless America

This is a test of the emergency singature system
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." ~Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by gsquared
    This is a test of the emergency singature system
    And if there is an emergency, hide under the mens' urinal. No one's hit it yet.

JMO

I'll be inboxing those to REMIND Them to do this.