GUILTY KS - Emily Sander, 18, El Dorado, 23 November 2007

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/story/238834.html

11-27-07

Whatever happened in Room 21 of the El Dorado Motel wasn't good.

El Dorado police wouldn't say what evidence they found there Saturday afternoon. But it prompted them to make the room a crime scene in a multi-state investigation where they say a missing 18-year-old Butler Community College student -- Emily Sander -- is a "victim of violence."

Police said she has been missing since Friday night after being seen leaving a bar with a man investigators are calling a "person of interest."

and

Behind crime-scene tape, investigators wearing gloves and protective suits worked with bright lights set up inside the room where Israel G. Mireles, 24, had been staying.

At a news conference Monday afternoon, El Dorado Police Chief Tom Boren said Mireles is the last person known to be seen with Sander.

much more at link

pic of Emily
607-1126missing_sander_copy.standalone.prod_affiliate.80.jpg

pic of Mireles
827-1126missing_mireles_copy.standalone.prod_affiliate.80.jpg

This little angel is the niece of my coworker. I cannot tell you how sad and helpless we are all feeling right now. Emily had just been to Texas last week to visit my friend, her aunt. Please keep this family in your prayers. They are devastated. They have been told more information than is being released and it is not good. I pray they have answers soon.

How sad! She is such a pretty girl. I fear this will not have a good outcome. By the way they were investigating the hotel room... and the little bit of info they have given us doesn't sound good.
He also has a 16 yer old girl friend. What a sick guy! I hope they catch this jerk (I would love to use another word!!)

Im worried about the 16 year old girlfriend that is with him as well. She is pregnant. I think she could be in danger, too. Hope they find them soon!

My prayers are with your friend and her family at this time.

My prayers are with your friend and her family at this time.

Thank you. When my friend came into work today she was a mess. It was such a sad day. The family feels that she is no longer alive based upon what the police are telling the family. Apparently this little girl had some typical teenaged problems in the past, but was working and going to school and trying to make something of herself. And no matter what, her family loves her dearly. I read on here all the time and sometimes get really involved in these cases, but when it hits this close to home, it makes you realize just how easy it is for these things to happen. I keep thinking abut this little girl (and she is tiny!) and the fact that she had no defense against this man. They think they have found his car in Vernon, Texas.

My one question is this though.....where are the parents of the pregnant 16 year old who is with this guy? Why are they not screaming out for their daughter???

Emily's story will be on Nancy Grace in a few minutes.

El Dorado police search for bedspread in missing woman case

The Wichita Eagle
November 27, 2007
El Dorado police this afternoon asked for the public's help in locating a bedspread involved in the investigation of a missing El Dorado woman.
In a prepared statement, Deputy Chief Rick Kennedy said, 'We are asking for the public to pay particular attention to areas east of El Dorado, along Highway 54 to Fort Scott then along Highway 69 to Baxter Springs, for a bedspread matching the one in the photograph.'
On an easel next to him was a picture of a white bedspread with a floral design on it.
'We are interested in locating a bedspread similar to this,' Kennedy said.
The bedspread appeared to be white with a maroon-and-blue pattern.
Kennedy said that Israel G. Mireles, the man who was last seen with Emily Sander when she went missing Friday night, has not been located, but 'we are aggressively seeking his whereabouts.'
He confirmed that the 2007 Ford Taurus connected to the case has been found in Vernon, Texas, which is about 50 miles northwest of Wichita Falls, Texas.
He said detectives and KBI special agents are en route to Vernon to help Texas Rangers with 'processing the vehicle.'
Police also released a more recent picture of Mireles that was taken about three weeks ago. It shows him with a piercing below his bottom lip and two earrings.
Kennedy said searchers are currently checking along U.S. 54 and U.S. 69 looking for evidence connected to the case.
He said agencies involved in the search include the KBI, the Butler County sheriff's office, the Kansas Highway Patrol, which is searching by air, and trained citizen volunteers.
After Kennedy read the statement, Clem Sander, Emily Sander's grandfather, thanked the media for their handling of the coverage.
As for his granddaughter, he said, 'we're still hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.'

http://www.topix.net/content/kri/2007/11/el-dorado-police-search-for-bedspread-in-missing-woman-case

This young lady was apparently, making a living on the "wild" side of life. Unfortunately, she has disappeared.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313648,00.html

"Sander was last seen leaving a bar in El Dorado, about 30 miles from Wichita, with a man identified as Israel Mireles, 24, authorities said. Sander and Mireles had met that night at the bar, according to Watson."

I get the feeling that LE thinks her internet *advertiser censored* presence is a factor in her disppearance???

Oh dang! There is already a thread on this case, and Oxietexan (who is one of us!!!) has a friend that is related. Here is a link to the thread that was already started - it is over at the Missing forum and started by Hoppyfrog (thankx!):
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56680

Mods, can we delete this thread or merge? Can't believe I missed the fact that it was already started! :doh:

Reannan, I think you can delete your own thread... I can delete my comment if it helps.

I noticed this case because of the link to the "life of *advertiser censored*" spin on the main stream media (who doesn't catch that headline???) I started a thread over at the Crimes in the News forum before finding out about this one. :doh: I have posted a link to this forum at the one I posted. God bless this child who is missing. I have a VERY good friend in "the industry", and she is somewhat of an "industry" star. She is the most wonderful person in the world, and before ANYONE goes off and starts judging her.....let me just say - "there but by the Grace of God, go I". Emily is young, and still reeling from the power of adolescence....you guys remember that, right? The power you feel when guys first notice you? Well combine that, with the opportunity to earn money with it (lots of money) from the internet, and you have a job that pays more for two hours a week than anything else a college student can dream of. I am anxious to know WHY LE thinks there is a connection between her internet life and her disappearance. As odd as it may sound to the average person, an internet life of *advertiser censored* is not that odd these days. :(

i'm sorry.. i remember the power of adolescence, etc.. but never, never, never, never, NEVER in a million years would i put my naked body (esp, WITH my face in clear view!!), in suggestive poses, on the internet for the entire world, including every pervert out there, to see and use for their.. purposes.. i don't care how much money could be made. that's selling your soul, IMO... as well as putting yourself in a very dangerous position, playing with fire. i'm not judging so much as saying that it's just sad,, that young women feel they have to (or more likely, WANT to).. resort to this. there are so many other ways to earn a living, and get positive attention from people. i guess a lot of young girls also find it 'liberating'.. which is equally sad. yes it's a healthy thing to embrace your sexuality & be comfortable with your body, of course.. but i don't consider internet *advertiser censored* doing that... i call it willingly exploiting and degrading yourself... and encouraging all the creeps and perverts out there.. who certainly don't need any more fuel for their addictions.
it's also tragic, that this is the way women can make more $$ than anything else, in our society.

am i the only person left in the world who sees things this way...?

anyway... who knows, this might have nothing at all to do with her disappearance (but... i bet it does).

The *advertiser censored* website was out of Wichita Kansas and the car was found near Wichita...not sure if there is a connection but I am sure LE is on it.

i'm sorry.. i remember the power of adolescence, etc.. but never, never, never, never, NEVER in a million years would i put my naked body (esp, WITH my face in clear view!!), in suggestive poses, on the internet for the entire world, including every pervert out there, to see and use for their.. purposes.. .. i'm not judging so much as saying that it's just sad,, that young women feel they have to (or more likely, WANT to).. resort to this. quote]

Reb, I have had this same conversation with my friend more times than I care to count - and she would agree! The problem is, she has very low self-esteem, and she started as a "dancer" in her late teens. Now, it is the only thing she knows, and is having a very difficult time finding something else to do. I keep encouraging her and praying for her. You certainly hit the nail on the head when you said it is "sad". So many of these girls end up abused and drug addicted.

This young girl did not think through her actions at all. Even if she had lived, her choices may have come back to haunt her. She apparently was into all sorts of risk taking. When you are young, you are very naive, even though you think you know everything. You never think that someone is going to get violent and murder you.

I would not be surprised if this guy did see her photos or was told about the photos. He may have lured her to the hotel to murder her because he loathed this type of behavior, not thinking that being a vicious murderer was among the worst type of behavior known to mankind.

I think that this guy has a young girlfriend because he can control her. He probably is known for his violence, especially towards women.

I want to express my sympathy for this victim's family. I feel certain Emily probably would have matured and changed later in life. Most of us do.

Aww i hadnt heard about this. Its sad that she most likely was murdered by him...& its sad that she will be known as the "internet *advertiser censored* girl who died". Not alot of people will feel the same amount of sympathy for her if she wasnt involved with internet *advertiser censored*, which is not fair.

They just reported on Fox that a body had been found, but had not yet been identified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back