817 users online (132 members and 685 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Web site ranks stupid Christmas gifts

From Mother Teresa breath spray to a screaming rubber chicken, manufacturers come up with stockings full of stupid gifts in time for the holidays with one Web site dedicated to finding the most idiotic.

Web site Stupid.com, which claims finding a truly stupid gift is an art form, on Monday unveiled its list of the top 10 "stupidest" holiday gifts for 2007.

"These gifts are so ridiculously stupid that everyone will want them," said Stupid.com's founder Gary Apple in a statement.

Here is stupid.com's top 10 which is not endorsed by Reuters:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071126/...wcY9zS1qSs0NUE

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    From Mother Teresa breath spray to a screaming rubber chicken, manufacturers come up with stockings full of stupid gifts in time for the holidays with one Web site dedicated to finding the most idiotic.

Web site Stupid.com, which claims finding a truly stupid gift is an art form, on Monday unveiled its list of the top 10 "stupidest" holiday gifts for 2007.

"These gifts are so ridiculously stupid that everyone will want them," said Stupid.com's founder Gary Apple in a statement.

Here is stupid.com's top 10 which is not endorsed by Reuters:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071126/...wcY9zS1qSs0NUE
    Funny, DK!

My personal fave - the Hillary Nutcracker (did Bill design this based on personal experience?).

I just want to know one thing. Can you put the bacon candy in the Poo-lar Bear? Yuh-mee!

Eve

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    We actually have that slingshot monkey at home!! I have no clue where it came from though!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

I've never heard of half of those gifts! I'd like to see that screaming monkey though.

I worked with a guy that would probably LOVE the portable mistletoe. He used to bring in the plastic kind and put it on his stomach.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I've never heard of half of those gifts! I'd like to see that screaming monkey though.

I worked with a guy that would probably LOVE the portable mistletoe. He used to bring in the plastic kind and put it on his stomach.
    Eough!! That's a sexual harrassment suit waiting to happen!!

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

OMG!!! And he didn't get fired??? Where did you work? The Office?

I nearly choked to death reading that. What a sicky.

What a great list.
    There are at least 3 gifts on that list that I'd love to get for my husband.

I'm thinking more and more that I need that screaming flying monkey, lol! We could have so much fun with that at work! And with my dogs at home, hehe.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

DK,
    I'd love to have that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
    We actually have that slingshot monkey at home!! I have no clue where it came from though!
    I want one!! LOL I REALLY do. I guess I am WT(white trash)

I responded to this thread after reading the article...but BEFORE I read yalls replies. I am LMAO that almost everyone here (including me) wants a go at the screaming monkey. Maybe I am not as WT as I first thought...or maybe we ALL are! LOL

http://www.joissu.com/prodinfo.asp?number=35-250 I am STILL laughing. Take a look! I gotta get one of these dudes!!! LMFAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I'm thinking more and more that I need that screaming flying monkey, lol! We could have so much fun with that at work! And with my dogs at home, hehe.
    and people think that us Aussies are strange

OMG, I HAVE to get my hubby that Hillary nutcracker. I have tooooooooooooooooo! LMAO.

ETA: Hmmm....$22.00 + shipping. Maybe I will just show it to him on-line.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast