690 users online (128 members and 562 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

OH - Noella Ravas, 62, stabbed to death, Hinckley, 29 Nov 2007

http://www.ohio.com/news/11908676.html

This is so sad. This guy looks like he's on meth with all of the pot marks on his face.

Very sad!

I am sorry-did I read correctly? It took 10 minutes to respond to her call? By then he had stabbed her again and she was dead??

Somethin' aint right here...

Omg, that poor woman! He definitely LOOKS like a meth-head and by the sounds of it, was acting like one...

"Later, she is heard telling her son, ''It's all right. Just relax . . . I'm getting help for you and for me.''
    ''I trust you, too, and I love you,'' she tells her son."

Ugh, this makes me so sad. Those words right there show just how much a mother really can love their child.
    I do wonder if he is on drugs, but he could have really been just mentally sick and the things on his face could be from them making him get down on the ground etc. during the arrest. I noticed they are only on one side of his face.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

She loved her son enough to try to get him help up to the very end. Wow, that makes it even more tragic, to me. Reminds me of the line in "The Green Mile" where John Coffee says "He killed them with they love."
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by ckwood32 View Post
    http://www.ohio.com/news/11908676.html

This is so sad. This guy looks like he's on meth with all of the pot marks on his face.
    The marks might be from her trying to defend herself. How sad.....he was hurting her and she was telling him she loved him. >> HIS words>>"The world is a (expletive deleted) up place.''
    He's got that right!
    Last edited by pjop; 11-29-2007 at 03:46 PM. Reason: misspelling

They played the 911 call on local news. She was very calm in the beginning and didn't even indicate she had been stabbed! She said she had been assaulted. I think that was part of why it took EMS so long to get there as there was no urgency on her part at first. Maybe they thought she had just been hit rather than stabbed.

Afterwards he just sat on the porch and waited.

$1,000,000 bond
    http://woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=7426938

19 Action News has learned Ravas was receiving $1,100 dollars a month for disability - for an unknown mental condition.
    Ravas is eligible for the death penalty - but prosecutors won't seek it because of the man's competency.
    (more at link)

Watch the 2 videos on that last link. Prosecutor says he'll probably plead successfully "guilty by reason of insanity" because of his mental issues....

The 911 call can be heard more on the 2nd video "Hinckley mother..." than the 1st on that page.

So sad.

This man should have been hospitalized. It wouldn't surprise me if his mental illness caused him to murder his mother. How very sad:

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
    This man should have been hospitalized. It wouldn't surprise me if his mental illness caused him to murder his mother. How very sad:
    I agree, I am not going to jump on the he's a meth head fry him band wagon just yet. I have a few family members that are bi polar/paranoid schizophrenic and they exibit these behaviors when not properly treated, and if you have ever dealt with mental illnesses on a personal basis there is a "look" in their eyes when they have gone off the chain..and as for the sores on his face, schizophrenics pick at their faces..I do not know what his mental illness is, I am just exploring the possibility.
    ETA: I am by no means giving this guy an excuse, or excusing his actions..please do not take it that way.

I can't get past the amount of time it took them to answer the call-I don't care if she was calling about a splinter-shouldn't they have been their in 3 minutes? She stated her son had assaulted her and suffered from mental illness. That should have been enough to haul their heinies there-I am certain they had been there before if he had a history of violence. God bless her for trying to calm him down and get him to settle....

One of the comments on the article states he knew this kid because he went to the same military school as his brother. He said he was always troubled and that he had to kick him out of his house one time because he was so wasted.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_articl...provider=gnews
    You guys were right! In this picture his face does not look like a meth face. Sorry about that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast