GA - Shakayla, 3, & Jordan Hawes, 1, murdered, Augusta, 29 Nov 2007 *Insanity*

raine1212

Former Member
Reaction score
www.wjbf.com in Augusta Ga.
Augusta police are on the scene of an apparent murder of a young child at a Texaco gas station in south Augusta, at the intersection of Richmond Hill Road and Lumpkin Road. They say a woman used a knife to stab her two children. The one-year-old was dead at the scene, and the three-year-old was rushed to MCG in critical condition, where the child later died.
What in world in happening?

Raine I wish I knew the answer to what is happening and I could fix it. This is constantly. What an awful tradgedy.

This is south of where I live, and the jail is only a couple of miles of where I work. If only, I will be nice but it is so hard, I must bite my tongue. Our area is outraged I have read several post on our local News Station sites and I agree with them all.

jeanette-hawes-200x120.jpg
22-year-old Jeanette Michelle Hawes the woman, I can't refer to her as a Mother. At least the children are at peace now, I only hope they did not suffer.

raine-- what are they saying, exactly....?

I just wish they would kill themselves instead of their own children!!!!

This insanity has got to stop, it's one after another, after another, after another these days!!

I have read that some are saying they thought she was crazy, others are saying they can't belive she would do this. Apparently she took the little girl and boy into the bathroom and stabbed them to death. Clerk heard a scream called the police, they arrived pried the door open found her covered with her childrens blood on the floor with a steak knife. This is so, I can't express what I want to say without getting kicked off here. Should know more later or tom. This happened this eveing I am guessing it was breaking at 5.

Hey Raine1212!! I live in the community where this happened also. I actually work at the hospital they were taken to. So very, very, sad...and insane. Hey Raine, do you remember the story about the boy who was in his yard a day or so ago and he had a dog chained up when another lady came by and was walking her dog, which then attacked the dog on the chain? The lady who was walking her dog (Ginger Arthurs) ran over and pulled a pocket knife from her clothing and stabbed the dog that had been chained to death. The boy who owned the dog that got killed was named Elijah Hawes, and his sister was named "Jeanette Hawes". She was quoted as saying this in the paper just three days ago:

"I just can't see how a person can stab a dog to death. Like she wanted him to die because she kept stabbing him," Hawes said.

I am not sure it is the same Jeanette Hawes, but it is in the same general area. Here is a link to the story about the dog:

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/11846446.html

Reannan, I remember that. I wonder if she is the same woman. This is so insane and sad. Have you kept up with the news in area the last few days it has gotten bad. I don't even go the bank by myself anymore.

I know what you mean - something about this season of the year. People just seem to come unglued, and they can't cope with anything anymore. Not to mention, the large number of people who get greedy and try to take YOUR money!

WHAT is wrong with people?
Seriously, I want and need to know.
Is there some strange DNA'thing' that makes young mothers become murderers?
Killing ones own child is a sad commentary on our country. :(

Rest in peace sweet babies.

It will be interesting to find out what the motive was in this case. Most women who kill do so becasue they think no one else can take care of their babies. Most men do it to get even with someone. In this case, she didn't appear to have tried to kill herself. She was just laying on the bathroom floor covered in their blood when LE finally got in. They interviewed someone who said she appeared to have "scratches" on her when she went into the bathroom with the kids. She had to be crazy.

What a horriblee nightmare. Those poor babies.

I know it seems worse now, but it really is not. Mothers have killed their children since there have been mothers & children. It is horrible, & I can not understand how it can happen, but homicide is the #1 cause of death for kids 4 & under. If you look at the statistics though, the last 30 years have remained steady. It's really wierd to me that the number of kids killed has remained almost unchanged.

http://www.ojp.gov/bjs/homicide/children.htm

What I find interesting is that nearly the same percentage of mothers & fathers are responsilbe for killing their children (31% of men, 29% of women). I guess I always assumed more men killed their children. Not surprisingly to anyone on WS, 81% of kids murdered by someone other than a parent were killed by a male.

Fly with the Angels, little ones.

WHAT is wrong with people?
Seriously, I want and need to know.
Is there some strange DNA'thing' that makes young mothers become murderers?
Killing ones own child is a sad commentary on our country. :(

Rest in peace sweet babies.

I haven't read this whole thread but believe me the mom who did this is mentally screwed up..................so do not blame her. She must have been in such a horrible mind set............it just happened. We have no idea what her background is, don't we wish we knew. So ..............whatever.........Let's see what what LE has on her. Never make a judgement too soon!

xxxxooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

"And yet Jeneatte spoke candidly with News 12 on Monday with what is believed to be her two children nearby. She spoke to us after a woman stabbed the family's pit bull. "I think that was very wrong, you know she didn't have to do that...and I believe she really deserve what she did."
So what drove Jeaneatte to do what she did just days later? "In the last month or so, she had lost her job with the post office and um it just mounted up with a lot of things going unmet because of the loss of her job," says Willingham."

I clicked on similar stories on that first link, and came across this comment in one of them - so yes, it's the same lady as the dog incident.

Sad, insane, crazy. Anyone that could harm any children let alone their own obviously is out of their mind.

Well, apparently, she had an argument with her boyfriend. The article at the link below illustrates how she went to Atlanta with the kids to visit the boyfriend a few days ago, and then ended up having a missing persons report filled for her on Tuesday of this week. Where had she been all week, and what was she doing? Drugs???

"Sandra Hawes says Michelle went to Atlanta to visit him with the two kids on Monday, returned Tuesday on a Greyhound bus with Jordan and Shakayla and wanted to go to Aiken, reportedly looking for her boyfriend again. Michelle's family says they last saw her at an Aiken KFC Tuesday. The family says they filed a missing person report on her Wednesday in Aiken. News 12 is still working to obtain this report. Sandra next saw Michelle Thursday, walking down Lumpkin Road with the children towards the store. Her aunt wanted to help her out and give them a ride, but couldn't because she was driving a school bus and feared loosing her job. "

http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/11961436.html

"And yet Jeneatte spoke candidly with News 12 on Monday with what is believed to be her two children nearby. She spoke to us after a woman stabbed the family's pit bull. "I think that was very wrong, you know she didn't have to do that...and I believe she really deserve what she did."
So what drove Jeaneatte to do what she did just days later? "In the last month or so, she had lost her job with the post office and um it just mounted up with a lot of things going unmet because of the loss of her job," says Willingham."

I clicked on similar stories on that first link, and came across this comment in one of them - so yes, it's the same lady as the dog incident.

So she witnessed a stabbing. And it sounds brutal to me, even if it was a dog, by the way she explained it with the woman stabbing their dog over and over again with a pocket knife killing the dog. She spoke out on the news about how unbelievable and wrong it was after seeing it and then she stabs her own childrento death a couple of days later. Unbelievable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back