Australia - Brisbane mum ignored baby's broken bones

dingo

Former Member
Reaction score
A young mother ignored her babys broken arms ,legs and ribs for three weeks before seeking medical attention.
The babys right leg was broken in three places and her right arm in two places,her other limbs were broken aswell..she also had a servere chest injury that caused fluid to leak into her lungs.
The baby has been placed in care and her two other children have been taken away from her...she is 5 months pregnant with her 4th child

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=76533.

Why do people do these things.

A young mother ignored her babys broken arms ,legs and ribs for three weeks before seeking medical attention.
The babys right leg was broken in three places and her right arm in two places,her other limbs were broken aswell..she also had a servere chest injury that caused fluid to leak into her lungs.
The baby has been placed in care and her two other children have been taken away from her...she is 5 months pregnant with her 4th child

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=76533.

Why do people do these things.

Great! They need to sterilize this woman

Our goverment here gives mums $4000 for each baby they deliver..we here are ending up with a generation of unwanted babies :( .
Its a real concern because young people see it as an easy way to obtain money..the idiots dont stop to think of the longterm issues of raising a child:(

Our goverment here gives mums $4000 for each baby they deliver..we here are ending up with a generation of unwanted babies :( .
Its a real concern because young people see it as an easy way to obtain money..the idiots dont stop to think of the longterm issues of raising a child:(

Do the lower income parents there also get anything that is like the earned income credit here? They can get up to $4,000 per year on their tax return here if the income is not above a certain level. Giving so much money all at once to moms does seem disastrous for some, but I'll bet it really helps the deserving ones. The poor baby, and other children.

Welfare receipants here are very well looked after Vicki..even if they do a bit of work...God forbid:rolleyes: ... the government will top up their wages to meet a livable level....the more kids you have the more money you get...it really pays to have a lot of children here.
My 23 year old niece has 3 with number 4 on the way and I feel like smacking her every time I see her and ofcourse everybody but her is raising her children:mad: .I might have got a bit off topic but i believe this baby bonus..as it is called...is doing a lot more harm than good and is resulting in throw away children.

I hope the new government that has just been elected will address this problem, as I can only see child abuse skyrocketing, with most young women only having children to get the cash and caring very little for the child.

I hope the new government that has just been elected will address this problem, as I can only see child abuse skyrocketing, with most young women only having children to get the cash and caring very little for the child.

My thoughts exactly Shazza. Child abuse just seems to be epidemic now. So many younger people, without any parenting ability nor skills, falling pregant because they see it as a "cash cow"...

My thoughts exactly Shazza. Child abuse just seems to be epidemic now. So many younger people, without any parenting ability nor skills, falling pregant because they see it as a "cash cow"...
We managed when we had our kids without the baby bonus, it is absolutely ridiculous.

It's not even seven thirty and I had my first evil thought for the day. I read "sterilize this woman" and thought - "Yeah, you can sterilize stuff by putting it in boiling water for awhile, right?"
OMG lol..now I'm having my evil thoughts for the day:laugh:

We managed when we had our kids without the baby bonus, it is absolutely ridiculous.
That's where I think we have gone wrong..giving free money out to people for having precious children.. maybe a tax break, but not a cheque for $4,000 per child and then the single mothers pension to top it off... we had nothing lol..but love and devotion

Any woman that gives birth gets $4,000 automatically just for having a child? Or is that only if you need government assistance?

I agree with the tax break. Or even if the government put the money aside for them for later use.

Boy, I learn something new everyday.

she's 18 with baby # 4 on the way? wheres her momma?
That baby had to be crying nonstop with that amount of broken bones.
Im surprised it didnt starve to death since it said the baby could not eat at the hospital orally

Why isn't "de facto live in" charged with anything and how did this happen???

Any woman that gives birth gets $4,000 automatically just for having a child? Or is that only if you need government assistance?
There is no income threshhold for this payment.....anyone who gives birth is automatically intitled to it...if you can manage to have twins or triplets you have really hit the jackpot.

It's not even seven thirty and I had my first evil thought for the day. I read "sterilize this woman" and thought - "Yeah, you can sterilize stuff by putting it in boiling water for awhile, right?"

LMFAO! God I like you and this post is just one more reason!

There is certain times I get on post's and wish I wouldnt of and this is one of them! I cant believe this mother [if thats what you want to call her] would let this baby suffer like that . It's a sad thing to have kids to make money and I know people do this all the time but why doesnt the goverment put a stop to it!

There is certain times I get on post's and wish I wouldnt of and this is one of them! I cant believe this mother [if thats what you want to call her] would let this baby suffer like that . It's a sad thing to have kids to make money and I know people do this all the time but why doesnt the goverment put a stop to it!

Would like to know the answer to that too nappy2.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back