1057 users online (215 members and 842 guests)  

Websleuths News

Akon charged in fan-tossing case

Akon faces criminal charges after a fan said she suffered a concussion when the hip-hop star tossed a teenager off the stage and onto her in the concert crowd, police said Thursday.

Akon is scheduled to appear in Fishkill Town Court on Monday morning for arraignment on a misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a minor, and second-degree harassment, a violation, according to a news release from Police Chief Donald Williams.

Audience members said that a spectator lobbed something at Akon and that the singer asked the crowd to point out the culprit. A security guard picked out a 15-year-old and sent him up to the stage, where Akon hoisted him onto his shoulders and flung him into the crowd.

The boy landed on Abby Rosa, who told the Poughkeepsie Journal she was later found to have a concussion. She said she has hired a lawyer and spoken to Fishkill police.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071130/ap_en_mu/people_akon;_ylt=AtflmuIVaY1lLxorMeLXLk6s0NUE

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

What What What?

First I am not proud to say I know who Akon is. Second, I am not proud to say the title of this thread had me immideately think "Well, he only tossed a fan (electrical cooling appliance) instead of shooting somebody".

Poughkeepsie? What the heck! I thought that was a quiet, little town. Can't bring Akon no place.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    First I am not proud to say I know who Akon is. Second, I am not proud to say the title of this thread had me immideately think "Well, he only tossed a fan (electrical cooling appliance) instead of shooting somebody".
    His song "Dont Matter" is one of the worst songs ever, IMHO!!!!!

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    His song "Dont Matter" is one of the worst songs ever, IMHO!!!!!
    You ain't kidding, DK. Real well thought out lyrics too.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    You ain't kidding, DK. Real well thought out lyrics too.
    Ugh, those lyrics! Basically ripping off some of the words to "I got you babe" and then repeating it over and over and over and over to a reggae beat. I think I'm gonna hurl!

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.