Akon charged in fan-tossing case

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Akon faces criminal charges after a fan said she suffered a concussion when the hip-hop star tossed a teenager off the stage and onto her in the concert crowd, police said Thursday.

Akon is scheduled to appear in Fishkill Town Court on Monday morning for arraignment on a misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a minor, and second-degree harassment, a violation, according to a news release from Police Chief Donald Williams.

Audience members said that a spectator lobbed something at Akon and that the singer asked the crowd to point out the culprit. A security guard picked out a 15-year-old and sent him up to the stage, where Akon hoisted him onto his shoulders and flung him into the crowd.

The boy landed on Abby Rosa, who told the Poughkeepsie Journal she was later found to have a concussion. She said she has hired a lawyer and spoken to Fishkill police.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071130/ap_en_mu/people_akon;_ylt=AtflmuIVaY1lLxorMeLXLk6s0NUE

First I am not proud to say I know who Akon is. Second, I am not proud to say the title of this thread had me immideately think "Well, he only tossed a fan (electrical cooling appliance) instead of shooting somebody".

Poughkeepsie? What the heck! I thought that was a quiet, little town. Can't bring Akon no place.

First I am not proud to say I know who Akon is. Second, I am not proud to say the title of this thread had me immideately think "Well, he only tossed a fan (electrical cooling appliance) instead of shooting somebody".

His song "Dont Matter" is one of the worst songs ever, IMHO!!!!!

You ain't kidding, DK. Real well thought out lyrics too.

Ugh, those lyrics! Basically ripping off some of the words to "I got you babe" and then repeating it over and over and over and over to a reggae beat. I think I'm gonna hurl! :sick:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back