Darrin's admission of a fight

Desilu

Reaction score
So what spurred Darrin's admission that there was an argument and a discussion of seperation on the 5th? How could this reflect positively on Darlie and her appeals?

So no opinions?

Alrighty then ..

No, I don't have an opinion. Never really thought of it much. Considering how many lies the Routiers have told, there had to be something in it for them...Pardo's money probably. Many of us believed there was a fight anyway despite their denials...you can still hear the anger in Darlie's voice on the 911 call.

I'd like to hear your theory though. Do you believe this is significant?

Like cami, I haven't thought of it much. I believe that they probably fought a lot, especially in the days right before the murders.

What are your thoughts, Desilu?

So what spurred Darrin's admission that there was an argument and a discussion of seperation on the 5th? How could this reflect positively on Darlie and her appeals?

Even though there was evidence that the two argued the night of the murders, it was denied by the family until Darin signed an Affidavit during the appeals process. In fact, even after I was told by a family member that there was a fight, I was called a liar. It was after that Affidavit was made public that the family finally decided they had no alternative but to confess that there was indeed a hell of a fight the night of the murders. The reason that Darlie's team believes it may help her appeal is that they're trying to show that its possible that Darin had motive to and possibly did murder the boys.

Even though there was evidence that the two argued the night of the murders, it was denied by the family until Darin signed an Affidavit during the appeals process. In fact, even after I was told by a family member that there was a fight, I was called a liar. It was after that Affidavit was made public that the family finally decided they had no alternative but to confess that there was indeed a hell of a fight the night of the murders. The reason that Darlie's team believes it may help her appeal is that they're trying to show that its possible that Darin had motive to and possibly did murder the boys.
But by their same reasoning, Darlie also had motive to and DID murder the children.

But by their same reasoning, Darlie also had motive to and DID murder the children.

Absolutely. I was just trying to help out Desi by answering the question. The thing is that the defense only had to prove reasonable doubt and since it failed the first time, they're desperate to try something else.

"The reason that Darlie's team believes it may help her appeal is that they're trying to show that its possible that Darin had motive to and possibly did murder the boys."

I don't think this could help her appeals since Darlie has always insisted that she saw the intruder 'at the end of the sofa walking away.' I've heard her stating this on tape. She says she just saw his face 'in profile' and insists it wasn't Darin. I think Darin put that bit about the fight in his affidavit to show that Darlie was angry.

Btw, I was watching a show, and Mulder happened to be the lawyer in that
case. He lost that one too. A local journalist who was commenting upon the case stated that Mulder only takes high profile cases and never works cheap.

"The reason that Darlie's team believes it may help her appeal is that they're trying to show that its possible that Darin had motive to and possibly did murder the boys."

I don't think this could help her appeals since Darlie has always insisted that she saw the intruder 'at the end of the sofa walking away.' I've heard her stating this on tape. She says she just saw his face 'in profile' and insists it wasn't Darin. I think Darin put that bit about the fight in his affidavit to show that Darlie was angry.

Darlie had 16 different stories of what happened that night. I don't think that any of them help her. I also agree with yout that throwing Darin under the bus at this point won't help her either, but when you're down to your last straw, you'll grasp at anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back