1041 users online (221 members and 820 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Maybe the husband will show up for the search and just happen to find her out there somewhere like some other husbands have done.

He won't bring in the computer that is supposed to have the emails to the "old geezer" on it? The husband is probably the only old geezer in her life!
    I'd like to know if he has a new girlfriend. Seems that most of them do when they have a wife that goes missing.

Sounds like the husband is trying to get people to feel sorry for him...blaming everything on his wife....she was cheating on the computer...affairs with two co-workers that didn't know anything about the affairs....LE are treating him like a suspect...

Whereabouts of missing woman still a mystery

The Macomb County Sheriff's office wrapped up its search at Stony Creek Metropark for clues in Tara Grant's disappearance shortly after 12:30 p.m. Saturday.

"It was a pretty extensive search; we didn't find anything," Sheriff Mark Hackel said. "We are going to continue on looking at other potential leads. We are keeping an eye on what is going on. This is a 24-hour operation."

He said they will keep her family informed of any developments.

The 34-year-old Macomb County woman has been missing for two weeks.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...702250325/1003

It seems all you have to do is change the names and some of these cases are practically identical. So very sad she's out there......somewhere.

New Details

New Details Emerge In Disappearance of Tara Lynn Grant

There have been new developments in the investigation into the disappearance of 34-year-old Tara Lynn Grant. According to the Macomb County Sheriff's Department, they are examining a series of e-mail messages they received from a woman claiming to be an ex-girlfriend of Stephen Grant.

Yesterday, The Detroit News published a partial transcript of e-mails Grant allegedly exchanged on January 25 with his ex-girlfriend, whom authorities have chosen not to identify. It has not been made clear if the timestamps are a.m. or p.m. :

Grant (10:38): I hope you keep at the nursing thing. You never know when I might need a sponge bath...if you want to practice let me know!

Ex-girlfriend (10:45): You are married. You shouldn't talk like that. How would you feel if Tear-ah was talking like that to the old Geezer?

Ex-girlfriend (10:49): So what are you going to do about the cheatin' wife? I am so frickn' bored today.

Grant (11:43): I was only being helpful with the offer to be a test subject. I know they often draw blood from each other, etc. I was just being supportive not dirty. I don't care about being married, I never have...It is that no conscience thing I think!

Ex-girlfriend (11:50): You have not changed a bit. Don't you worry about being burned eternally by the devil? Why did you get married in the first place? Seemed like the cool thing to do?

Grant (11:53): Don't know yet. By the way she does talk to the "old geezer" like that...that is the problem. Actually, never that direct. Everyone is not as subtle as me. The problem is she says things in code. And because of that, I don't know what is actually going on. Also, and I thought I told you this, about two years ago, she did the same thing with some guy she used to know. Nothing physical, just txt and email and phone calls. I know what you think, I just don't know if it was physical, but I do. The magic of intercepted email and phone calls. (A mutual friend) is a Vice President at a computer company and one of his techs helped out a bit if you know what I mean. Straight up NSA (expletive) if you get my drift...Actually he had some software...OTC stuff... U can buy at Comp USA that did the trick. It just sounds cooler the other way! If you are soooo bored, I am still in need of some excitment in my day...wink wink! Tara flew to London yesterday till Friday night and I am all alone with no one to play with.

Grant (11:58): The answers in order are NO, Love, and No. I think you misunderstood though, I like being married. I just think of marriage vows like speed limits. Sometimes you have to break them, and sometimes you get caught. You just need to keep an eye on the road to avoid detection.

Grant (12:05): (By the way) I do want to see you naked. Naked women are always good to see. Especially if you haven't seen them in a while. Photos are nice but a private modelling session would always be preferable.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/ori...ra_grant2.html

Grant kept trying to turn the conversation back around to sexual topics. Typical internet behavior of many men who are online. Probably the only reason they are online to begin with. Maybe the story of Tara's affairs were to gain sympathy from the other woman so that she would engage in cyber sex. Did Grant tell anyone else that he thought Tara was having an affair?

I just found out about this case tonite on NG. After reading what I've been able to find here on WS and online, IMHO, this computer conversation was 'premeditation' to set-up she was a cheating wife who took off with her lover.

He didn't report her missing for how many days?

The 'supposed' lovers deny their involvement with her except professionally.

The computer she 'alledgedly' communicated to with her lover is missing.

There's no phone records that she used the phone that night as the husband said she had.

The 'former friend' who he talked to about his wife's alledged infidelities hadn't heard from him for years, and voila! He starts talking about his wife cheating and a couple of weeks later she disappears.

He refuses a polygraph....................

He has gotten an attorney and STOPPED communicating with LE.

With all of these missing 'wives' we've seen, does this sound familiar?

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...702240383/1003

Tara, left, and her sister, Alicia, were cheerleaders in high school

OhMyGosh!

These guys TRY to change the story, but it always turns out to be the same-o-same-o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the husband is jealous of the wife and their bubbly personality and accomplishments, the husband feels inferior, the husband doesn't want to be married anymore, the wife disappears.

JMHO
    fran

With all of these missing 'wives' we've seen, does this sound familiar?
    Do some just not understand there are other options????

Uh like DIVORCE?

I had to read the article twice to figure out where this was occurring. Seems like I have read way too many of these cases that are so durn similar.

It does seem that the sheriff has an idea of where to search....probably known areas by being in LE.....but still I hope they find her.

http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/0...upair001.shtml

Just a little article about the au pair in the Grant's home. She corroborates some of what the husband has said regarding his missing wife. More at link.

Cool

Is anyone elses hinky meter going crazy!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmommy
    http://www.macombdaily.com/stories/0...upair001.shtml

Just a little article about the au pair in the Grant's home. She corroborates some of what the husband has said regarding his missing wife. More at link.

yep mine is going wild a 19 year old in that house with the way he talked about marriage? Waiting a week to report it had more than enough time to make arrangements. Also the police can look at Taras and His phone records and find out if she was involved with anyone who and where. Just recently there was a husband who everyone thought was guilty because he got an attorney( but I would immediately get an attorney ) And he was proven innocent. But this guy smells IMO
    Last edited by mom3dd; 02-28-2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthin4fun
    Is anyone elses hinky meter going crazy!!!!
    Going overboard crazy!! Another Scott Peterson, Michael Peterson, Jeffrey McDonald, Vince Doan, the list is endless.
    The au pair is just as hinky as the husband, IMO.....What is wrong with these dumb*ss spouses who think that they can commit the perfect crime, instead of having to buck up like the rest of us and fix the marriage or get a divorce, neither option is easy, and both can be painful, but good grief, the mother of your children?
    sorry, I know the husband isn't charged with anything, YET. This is all just my opinion, and IMO, Tara isn't coming back and her husband (and maybe the au pair) knows exactly where she is.
    UGH!

Quote Originally Posted by TKS2003
    Going overboard crazy!! Another Scott Peterson, Michael Peterson, Jeffrey McDonald, Vince Doan, the list is endless.
    The au pair is just as hinky as the husband, IMO.....What is wrong with these dumb*ss spouses who think that they can commit the perfect crime, instead of having to buck up like the rest of us and fix the marriage or get a divorce, neither option is easy, and both can be painful, but good grief, the mother of your children?
    sorry, I know the husband isn't charged with anything, YET. This is all just my opinion, and IMO, Tara isn't coming back and her husband (and maybe the au pair) knows exactly where she is.
    UGH!
    I got to agree with you. She isn't coming back and her husband has some splainin to do. But, first they need to find Tara's body if possible. This will provide forensic data....possibly implicating her perp. Without the body it is still doable but I am sure her family wants resolve.

I am reading this book called "Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. It is about the murder of a child. It is great BTW. Anyway, it talks about a place where the crime occurred and then the discarding place. A sink hole that many used for discarding old refrigerators and such.The perp used it to discard an old safe holding the remains of the little girl. People paid the owners of the property for disposal. It was usual and normal and not likely to raise suspicion. I am bringing this up for all the missing and possibilities for recovery.

If he's found out to have involvement, it will come out later that it was about money. Washington Twshp is a "monied" area. It was reported today that they searched their cabin which has (IIRC) 40 ish acres, was used for maple sugaring and hunting. Nothing was found, snow was on the ground but neighbors reported that it had snowed in the past week. LE also noted that there would be lower keyed searched that probably won't be made public knowledge, so it definetly sounds like Hackel knows where he's going with this one for once.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson

I am reading this book called "Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. It is about the murder of a child. It is great BTW. Anyway, it talks about a place where the crime occurred and then the discarding place. A sink hole that many used for discarding old refrigerators and such.The perp used it to discard an old safe holding the remains of the little girl. People paid the owners of the property for disposal. It was usual and normal and not likely to raise suspicion. I am bringing this up for all the missing and possibilities for recovery.
    One of my favorite books.. sooooo moving and truthful

Amw

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...D=200770301009

Case is going to be on America's Most Wanted.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast