1396 users online (275 members and 1121 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    After reading that article, I dunno. Is the au pair truthful? Was SHE having an affair with the husband?

It just seems convenient the husband starts contacting an 'old gf' just weeks before his wife disappears, accuses her of having affairs with multiple co-workers who deny it, there's no phone records that she talked to anyone.

Let's see how this plays out. Will the au pair return? Even in a year or two?

Of course, he could have also been role playing when the au pair returned, he could have seen her return from a window upstairs and said what he did when she came in to 'stage' the wife's disappearance.

JMHO
    fran

Just read this this morning. Very interesting........

Quote Originally Posted by fran
    After reading that article, I dunno. Is the au pair truthful? Was SHE having an affair with the husband?

It just seems convenient the husband starts contacting an 'old gf' just weeks before his wife disappears, accuses her of having affairs with multiple co-workers who deny it, there's no phone records that she talked to anyone.

Let's see how this plays out. Will the au pair return? Even in a year or two?

Of course, he could have also been role playing when the au pair returned, he could have seen her return from a window upstairs and said what he did when she came in to 'stage' the wife's disappearance.

JMHO
    fran
    Fran, all I can say is DITTO.

I'm glad he's been arrested at least. His mugshot freaked me out! I imagine he looked like that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sleuthin4fun
    Is anyone elses hinky meter going crazy!!!!
    Heck yeah. When I saw that article my first thought was that she went back home/was dismissed a week after Tara went missing, at a time in which most people would imagine the au pair would be needed even more so than before.

It all just seems mighty convenient to have these statements now. I hope Tara is found and soon, the truth will come out when that happens. The sooner the better. I really feel for her family and what they are going through, not to mention how her children must be feeling. I can imagine they are pretty scared that their mommy is missing

Stephen Grant, husband of missing mother Tara Grant, was placed in the back of a squad car Friday afternoon, witnesses told Local 4.

Stephen Grant was pulled over by police at 28 Mile Road and Van Dyke Avenue Friday afternoon.

After sitting in the squad car for about 20 minutes, Stephen Grant was allowed to get out the squad car and get into his jeep. Officers followed Grant to his home. Officers retrieved a search warrant to search Grant's home, and that search is actively under way, Local 4 reported.

Tara Grant has been missing since Feb. 9.

Police have been investigating and searching for clues in the case.
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/1...05150103022007

Thanks for the article, Mabel. Seems like LE has a bunch of questions and would like some answers. Hope they get what they are looking for and Tara is found.

Thanks Mabel!

From the link:

Hackel announced a news conference will be held at 7:30 p.m. to discuss the latest developments to this breaking news story.

Stephen Grant's attorney, David Griem, talked to Local 4 after the news conference.

"There was no answer given whatsoever as to why, for two weeks, has Stephen Grant not been a suspect?" Griem said. "Why, for two weeks, has there not been probable cause and what has changed?"

Griem said he did not believe there was probable cause for a search.

"When all is said and done, I'm going to shove that search warrant where the sun doesn't shine," Griem said.

Video: Sky 4 Flies Over Grant Home While Investigators Search

OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving
    Stephen Grant's attorney, David Griem, talked to Local 4 after the news conference.

"There was no answer given whatsoever as to why, for two weeks, has Stephen Grant not been a suspect?" Griem said. "Why, for two weeks, has there not been probable cause and what has changed?"

Griem said he did not believe there was probable cause for a search.

"When all is said and done, I'm going to shove that search warrant where the sun doesn't shine," Griem said.

Video: Sky 4 Flies Over Grant Home While Investigators Search

OMG!
    Doncha just love these defense attornies grandstanding early on? LOL! Griem is so tough...I am skeered of him...ya think LE is?

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    Doncha just love these defense attornies grandstanding early on? LOL! Griem is so tough...I am skeered of him...ya think LE is?
    Hackel has been Sheriff in these parts just about as long as I can remember. He even arrested my ex a few times. He don't skeer easy.

Well, let's see, it took five days before the husband decided to report his wife missing, it's now been two more weeks and his wife STILL hasn't returned.................I would say that's probable cause enough to SEARCH WARRANT the house.

What's he worried about? He's had at least three weeks to clean up anything that may have happened there. Is he afraid LE might have equipment that will find something he FORGOT!?

Wonder if he's done any painting or bought any new furniture lately?

When are these guys going to learn? Wives, mothers, don't just DISAPPEAR and leave their children behind.

My bet is something happened UPSTAIRS as that's where he was coming from when the nanny returned that night. Wonder how he got her out of the house without the nanny seeing him? How many days did Tara's body remain in the home before he had a chance to move it? Could have been up to five days, and or, that's how long it took to get rid of the body and clean up the mess.

Sorry sport, the husband is ALWAYS the FIRST person to be looked out.

His attorney looks like a piece of work. Such language to use in the media. Such class!

JMHO
    fran

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    Hackel has been Sheriff in these parts just about as long as I can remember. He even arrested my ex a few times. He don't skeer easy.
    That is kinda what I was thinking. Your ex probably deserved it as most ex's do. I am not scared of the defense attorney (I'm sure you figured that out) just wanted to call attention to his ludicrous statement. What an azzhat!

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    That is kinda what I was thinking. Your ex probably deserved it as most ex's do. I am not scared of the defense attorney (I'm sure you figured that out) just wanted to call attention to his ludicrous statement. What an azzhat!
    I don't think I've ever heard of this crass display from an attorney even a defense attorney. I'm stunned. He's doing his client no favors even though his client is probably just another ******* husband who likely did the deed. He certainly hasn't been ruled out so what's with the no class verbage this early in the game?? sheesh

Breaking News

Hi All

Breaking news right now. Quick summary, while it's on.

1. Torso found in garage of home.
    2. Police want to press murder charges.
    3. Husband is missing. Last time anyone spoke to him was 5:30 am (assuming the attorney). Attorney stated this morning that he is very concerned about the health and well being of client.

Quote Originally Posted by ella's mom
    Hi All

Breaking news right now. Quick summary, while it's on.

1. Torso found in garage of home.
    2. Police want to press murder charges.
    3. Husband is missing. Last time anyone spoke to him was 5:30 am (assuming the attorney). Attorney stated this morning that he is very concerned about the health and well being of client.
    Here is a link to this morning's Detroit Free Press:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...WS06/703030343

This is pretty gruesome.

Thanks Kadie for the heads up. RC
    Racing Doesn't Lie

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast