1021 users online (237 members and 784 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Next News Conference

News stating that another news conference will be on at 10:30am.

Going to do search at 29 and Mound.

Prayers for Tara Grant's family. This must be horrible for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ella's mom
    News stating that another news conference will be on at 10:30am.

Going to do search at 29 and Mound.

Prayers for Tara Grant's family. This must be horrible for them.
    Please keep us informed and thank you for the breaking news info. Ths Grant fellow is a horrible beast if he did this and it appears so.

Here's the link to WDIV - TV in Detroit - video available:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11158608/detail.html
    Racing Doesn't Lie

Fox has story now

Fox has breaking news on this at this link. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,256324,00.html

Tara Lynn Grant - body parts found

Breaking News here in Michigan; also, that they expect to find her husband's body in a car somewhere. A supposed suicide.

UGH Hackel screwed up another one....I swear this guy has an issue with wanting to do press conferences vs doing his job..(can you tell I do NOT like Mr hackel? lol)

I'll be surprised if they find Mr. Grant right away. He has money, he has friends, they traveled in a well connected "circle", and there is Oakland County Airport not too far away from Washington Township, as well as there being an (small) airport out in that area. He could be well into canada. (maybe a half hour drive depending on traffic)

But - How can they NOT know if something is a torso or not? I mean, isn't that pretty much an is or isn't issue?

As we all well know, even when everything is in black and white pointing to a person's guilt, there are still those that will stick by a person...who knows, I'm in a speculative mood this morning.

*off the soapbox that made no sense*

No legal right to search the home????

[QUOTE=JinxieJada]UGH Hackel screwed up another one....I swear this guy has an issue with wanting to do press conferences vs doing his job..(can you tell I do NOT like Mr hackel? lol)

Snipped for space.
    *QUOTE]

Jinxie. I have to respectfully disagree with you on this.

I think were a lot of things going on with this case, but LE's hands were tied. If you look at the case, all they knew is Tara left, nothing else. They needed something to give them probable cause to get a SW for the house. Obviously, something must have happened yesterday that gave them "probable cause" to get a SW.

[QUOTE=ella's mom]
    Quote Originally Posted by JinxieJada
    UGH Hackel screwed up another one....I swear this guy has an issue with wanting to do press conferences vs doing his job..(can you tell I do NOT like Mr hackel? lol)

Snipped for space.
    *QUOTE]

Jinxie. I have to respectfully disagree with you on this.

I think were a lot of things going on with this case, but LE's hands were tied. If you look at the case, all they knew is Tara left, nothing else. They needed something to give them probable cause to get a SW for the house. Obviously, something must have happened yesterday that gave them "probable cause" to get a SW.
    21 days to get a warrant?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Meridian
    21 days to get a warrant?!?
    Sorry to say but that can sometimes happen. LE may have had suspicions but it has to show probable cause or no legal legs to stand on and a perp could get away with a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    Sorry to say but that can sometimes happen. LE may have had suspicions but it has to show probable cause or no legal legs to stand on and a perp could get away with a crime.
    TY CP. You are right if LE went in and their reasoning for it wasn't rock solid, they risk the attorney saying it was an illegal search and seizure (sp) and any evidence found could be thrown out.

I was thinking gosh, this is too much time and if there is evidence, it's gone by now. But obviously, that wasn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ella's mom
    TY CP. You are right if LE went in and there reasoning for it wasn't rock solid, they risk the attorney saying it was an illegal search and seizure (sp) and any evidence found could be thrown out.

I was thinking gosh, this is too much time and if there is evidence, it's gone by now. But obviously, that wasn't the case.
    Ella's Mom

I think this time line report gives a pretty good idea of what the probable cause may have been. One thing that jumps out is S. Grant saying he overheard Tara speaking with someone she was going to meet but records show there were no calls made from land line or cell phone when he says this occurred.

Note:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11095435/detail.html

Seems like lots of reason here to get a warrant.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

Quote Originally Posted by raisincharlie
    Ella's Mom

I think this time line report gives a pretty good idea of what the probable cause may have been. One thing that jumps out is S. Grant saying he overheard Tara speaking with someone she was going to meet but records show there were no calls made from land line or cell phone when he says this occurred.

Note:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/11095435/detail.html

Seems like lots of reason here to get a warrant.
    Don't get me wrong Raisin, I agree. I would have assumed that the phone call story would have been probable cause, along with no use of credit cards, cell, bank, etc. But apparently, that was not enough.

Heck, I wasn't even talking the warrant, I was talking about another one disappearing into thin air under hackel's watch! (We seem to be having all types roam off into thin air lately in Macomb County)...And this isn't the first, second, third or fourth time it's happened under him. There are other issues, but it's more municipal related etc...I'll save it for another day lol

OhMyGosh! Unbelievable!

I saw this on Drudge and couldn't believe it. I come here and see you all are already on it!

I gotta go right now, I'll post more later.

fran

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US

Husband Sought As Woman's Torso Found

By DAVID RUNK
    Associated Press Writer

DETROIT (AP) -- Investigators found what is believed to be the torso of a mother of two who disappeared last month and they were seeking her husband as the suspect in her slaying, authorities said Saturday.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast