1133 users online (266 members and 867 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man injured defending his christmas decorations!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...i_tab01_layout

A Hoffman Estates man said Sunday that he is recovering from the minor injuries suffered when he was dragged by a car carrying youths who stomped on and broke pieces of the Christmas display that has illuminated his yard for 17 years.

The incident began at about 11 p.m. Friday when Phillip OBrill's wife, Donna, heard a commotion outside and began yelling when she saw what was happening.
    "I got in front of the first car, thinking it was going to stop," OBrill said. "He just kind of ran me down."

OBrill's hand got caught in the windshield wiper, was dragged a short distance and his left foot was run over.
    "You always have problems with them putting the animals in compromising positions and stuff like that," OBrill said. "But I've never had damage like this."

People need to learn to keep their paws off of other people's belongings.

Poor man!

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    ..."You always have problems with them putting the animals in compromising positions and stuff like that," OBrill said....
    Why isn't this thread in "News that makes you smile!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Why isn't this thread in "News that makes you smile!"?

I"d be upset to if somebody was beating up one of my elfs!

Lousy Creeps

As a victim of this very thing a few times over I can see where the poor guy went after them. Only I wouldn't stand in front of their car. 17 years you have a lawn ornament and somebody is going to steal it? I have cameras now, and a rather crude booby trap.