Injured soldier marries in hospital

Rino

Former Member
Reaction score
SMITHDALE --

A Mississippian who lost both legs in Iraq has married his girlfriend in a hospital-room ceremony.

Army Spec. Josh A. Wells, 21, married Brandi M. Clark, 19, in a Nov. 20 ceremony at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio.
Wells was injured in a Nov. 2 attack on the Stryker Light Armored Vehicle he was driving.

The couple dated throughout Wells' previous deployment to Germany and were engaged in July, with a plan to marry upon his return from an 18-month tour of duty in Iraq.

"When I came home right before we deployed (in July), she came to be with me," Wells said. "Hanging out, just the personalities that we have together - I was thinking about all that, and it was perfect."

So when the two were at a friend's house in July and Brandi went out to the car to listen to the radio, Wells found the courage to propose.
"I was sitting there talking to her so I was already down on one knee," Wells said.
"I had the ring in my pocket. I had been carrying it about a week waiting for that perfect moment. She started crying and then she immediately got on the phone and called her mom."

Their plans changed when Wells was hurt three months into his stint in Iraq and was flown to the hospital in Texas.

"The first day she got here, she came with my family and it was the first time seeing me" since the injury, Wells said. "Brandi asked everyone to leave the room and I didn't know why." Wells' fears were quickly dispelled.
"Brandi got down on one knee and she proposed to me," he said. "She said this is her way of letting me know, legs or no legs, we had both discussed that we were gonna get married when I got back."
(snip)

Sounds like a terrific gal!

Wow! I would like to see a picture of their ceremony. They are both brave souls. God bless them both.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back