Joan Van Ark! What Happened to you?!?

This is just so sad!

As a 41 year old who is really starting to notice the wrinkles, I do understand the desire, but I really respect woman who age gracefully and beautifully in their own untampered with skin!

Unfortunately, this is just going to give her even more self-confidence / appearance issues. I probably sound like a horrible person, but I think if I were in her position, I wouldn't have gone out in public until I had it fixed. Is fixing that possible??

That article may contain its own answer.

Look at the "before" picture from the 1980s. Van Ark is so airbrushed there, she doesn't even look human.

Maybe that's part of the problem: actresses competing with the air-brushed versions of themselves disseminated over the years.

First off its been 20 something years and clearly the face shot was in bad lighting .. If you look at the full body shot she does not look that bad..

Just that zeroed in close up is unflattering.

Why do her lips and fingers appear to be blue? Maybe there is something more wrong with her, other than just bad surgery?

Her face looks like thin, crepe paper. I mean, couldn't she wear skin-toned makeup on her face and less on her eyebrows and eyes and a little lipstick? That would immensely improve that "creature feature" look of hers. Plus, she needs to put on at least 50 pounds. One banana and water all day just doesn't cut it.

First off its been 20 something years and clearly the face shot was in bad lighting .. If you look at the full body shot she does not look that bad..

Just that zeroed in close up is unflattering.

Not to mention the woman is 64 years old... how many of us will or do look like a super model when we reach 64?!?!

I think she looks like she just had a peel. She doesn;t even have lipstick on. Just a weird shot.

Why do her lips and fingers appear to be blue? Maybe there is something more wrong with her, other than just bad surgery?

The TMZ article said she'd just had a chemical peel. Hopefully the blue tint will fade. Ugh.

I don't think Joan has looked good for a few years now.But the attached picture can just be a realy bad picture.I've experienced that,without cosmetic surgery!

I think that pic was taken in 2003:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/2692459.jpg%3Fv%3D1%26c%3DViewImages%26k%3D2%26d%3D17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0ED492AFD0938B98F8D5A5397277B4DC33E&imgrefurl=http://www.viewimages.com/Search.aspx%3Fmid%3D2692459%26epmid%3D3%26partner%3DGoogle&h=594&w=416&sz=44&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=HQTuVcOExQ30yM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=95&prev=

I am all for women doing what they need to do to feel better about themselves, but it breaks my heart when they take it this far. I think she looks desperately unhealthy. I have always liked her for her wholesome, toned-down look. Wrinkles are far better than an over botoxed forehead, imo. But that's just my opinion. :twocents: The forehead doesn't go with the eyes and the neck.

IMO.

Does anyone else think she resembles Michael Jackson in this latest pic? :waitasec:

:truce:

Okay, you can slap me, but it was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it! :slap:

Not to mention the woman is 64 years old... how many of us will or do look like a super model when we reach 64?!?!

Exactly!!! I was thinking of ETAing that to my post!!

64!! I mean geesh give a girl a break!!

That article may contain its own answer.

Look at the "before" picture from the 1980s. Van Ark is so airbrushed there, she doesn't even look human.

Maybe that's part of the problem: actresses competing with the air-brushed versions of themselves disseminated over the years.

ITA!! She was airbrushed in the first pic, and in the current pic, look at the lghting. It's so bad in the close up that she appears purple!!
Neither photo probably is an accurate photo of how she looks in person!

Another case in point: A photo of Marie Osmond made the TMZ/ Perez Hilton rounds. It showed her with a face all pullled up tight as a drum and her eyes almost closed shut and tightly slanted upwards, and called it her plastic surgery debacle.
I think a lot of us saw close ups of Marie on DWTS recently, and she didn't have any of the disfigurements that the other photos had pointed out. So, either the photos were doctored, or Marie had bad work corrected by a truly gifted surgeon. I tend to think the photos were bogus and were doctored, not that Marie was doctored.
I thought she looked like a 40 something Marie Osmond should look, knowing that she's had a bit of a weight problem off and on, I expected her face to be full and her jawline to not be razor sharp. So what?

Joan Van Ark has a few factors in her history which have caused her to age a bit in the last few years. One is that she tanned her fair skin for years and years. She was always tan on " Knot's Landing".
Another is that she has always been very very thin.
IMO, all the years of sun exposure ( or tanning beds) caused a lack of skin elasticity leading to wrinkles and her very thin body lacks subcutaneous fat pads. She's naturally going to have more skin aging than someone who stayed out of the sun and has some body fat on them ( hopefully in the right places, LOL). Plus, I haven't looked her age up but I would say she's close to 60 years old by now. What do people expect???

Ever seen a preemie baby before it puts on weight? They can look like little old men with wrinkles everywhere, especially in the face, because they lack subcutaneous fat pads. They didn't stay inside long enough to put on body fat.

Same thing happens to people when they age and are chronically underweight. They have more wrinkles than people who either maintain a healthy weight or those who are a bit plump.

I think that pic was taken in 2003:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...1&tbnid=HQTuVcOExQ30yM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=95&prev=

I am all for women doing what they need to do to feel better about themselves, but it breaks my heart when they take it this far. I think she looks desperately unhealthy. I have always liked her for her wholesome, toned-down look. Wrinkles are far better than an over botoxed forehead, imo. But that's just my opinion. :twocents: The forehead doesn't go with the eyes and the neck.

IMO.

So 4 years ago at age 60 she looked like that???
Plenty of people do not look so good at half that age.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back