Truck Drivers Alert! #2

'A lot of lying' -- trucker was in Louisiana, not Illinois: source

A trucker claiming he was approached by Drew Peterson and another man about carrying off a mysterious package appears to have fabricated the story, a police source said Thursday.

Investigators checked the truck driver's telephone records and determined he was actually in Louisiana -- not at a Bolingbrook truck stop -- in the early morning hours of Oct. 29, the day after Peterson's wife, Stacy Peterson, was last seen alive.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/685713,CST-NWS-truckers07.article

http://www.nbc5.com/family/14796267/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Police said the trucker who told them Drew Peterson asked him to transport a large package the night Stacy Peterson vanished made the story up.

The paper said that investigators checked the truck driver's phone records and found he was in Louisiana, not Bolingbrook, on Oct. 29.

Argh. Unbelievable.

A trucker claiming he was approached by Drew Peterson and another man about carrying off a mysterious package appears to have fabricated the story, a police source said Thursday.

Investigators checked the truck driver's telephone records and determined he was actually in Louisiana -- not at a Bolingbrook truck stop -- in the early morning hours of Oct. 29, the day after Peterson's wife, Stacy Peterson, was last seen alive.

--->>>Just an off the wall comment on this, was his phone in Louisiana, and he elsewhere, guess not, er huh.

BUT BUT how about trucker #2 ?, wonder IF IF they gave him a lie detector test, er huh?

OR OR heck trucker #2 might have offered to take a LT.

Just sitting and waiting for 'the' arrest. WONDER IF court TV will carry the trial?

--->>>Just an off the wall comment on this, was his phone in Louisiana, and he elsewhere, guess not, er huh.

BUT BUT how about trucker #2 ?, wonder IF IF they gave him a lie detector test, er huh?

OR OR heck trucker #2 might have offered to take a LT.

Just sitting and waiting for 'the' arrest. WONDER IF court TV will carry the trial?

That's what I was wondering..weren't there supposed to be 2 truckers ?

Also Cassandra wrote over at findstacypeterson.com when the trucker story came out that police had this info almost from the start..just like they had the info on Tom Morophy.

Maybe they are actually talking about another trucker or the haze mat incident.

A few days ago Jamie Colby did a report in front of Drews house. IIRC, she started to say two truckers then corrected herself and said "there was actually one trucker". Then she went on with the rest of the story.

A few days ago Jamie Colby did a report in front of Drews house. IIRC, she started to say two truckers then corrected herself and said "there was actually one trucker". Then she went on with the rest of the story.

Wonder why it took them so long to release that info , if they have known of the trucker's story since the beginning? Maybe they never thought that story would get out or have a life of it's own?

Wonder why it took them so long to release that info , if they have known of the trucker's story since the beginning? Maybe they never thought that story would get out or have a life of it's own?

I, too, wonder why this wasn't immediately corrected. Right now we have one truck driver who lied. I, too, wonder why this wasn't immediately corrected. Cripes. People were making posters to distribute at truck stops!

What's the likelihood that DP PAID the trucker to say this just to throw off the investigation???

Wow - that's disheartening to hear the trucker lied. Sometimes I just don't understand what makes people tick.

Yeah, why would he lie? :confused: I just don't get it. Did he want to capitalize on some of the "notoriety" the case *might* bring him??? What a dumb *advertiser censored*! :banghead:

Yeah, why would he lie? :confused: I just don't get it. Did he want to capitalize on some of the "notoriety" the case *might* bring him??? What a dumb *advertiser censored*! :banghead:

I suppose some people do get off on being able to steal the limelight. I think it's pretty crappy that this man lied and had LE working doubletime on a false lead. He should be charged and made an example of.

By the way, my link (nbc5) said "large package" which is the first time I've heard of a size mentioned. Of course, it's a lie so who cares!

This guy should be strung up by his -----. (Vanna says there's only one vowel.) :D

I, too, wonder why this wasn't immediately corrected. Right now we have one truck driver who lied. I, too, wonder why this wasn't immediately corrected. Cripes. People were making posters to distribute at truck stops!

Maybe the cpos wanted to see the difference in Drew's reaction between tips that were bogus and tips that Drew may know were true.

What's the likelihood that DP PAID the trucker to say this just to throw off the investigation???

I thought of that too. The only thing worse than no leads in an investigation, is too many leads that go in different directions and lead to nowhere. However, if he did pay them, he chose a bad one- one that could be proven not to be in the same state.

The good news is that Stacy is close by, and LE won't have to search all over the midwest for her.

The good news is that Stacy is close by, and LE won't have to search all over the midwest for her.

I agree that she's not too far, but I'm not sure she's in the canal either. D was an experienced cop, and I think he was too experienced to dump her in water.

Wasn't Stacy's car missing for a while? What if he transferred her to her own car to dispose of her - GPS wouldn't work. Then, could D just have driven around? There are so many possibilities, and I'm not sure D hasn't foiled everyone, at least right now.

I agree that she's not too far, but I'm not sure she's in the canal either. D was an experienced cop, and I think he was too experienced to dump her in water.
Wasn't Stacy's car missing for a while? What if he transferred her to her own car to dispose of her - GPS wouldn't work. Then, could D just have driven around? There are so many possibilities, and I'm not sure D hasn't foiled everyone, at least right now.

i tend to think the same, Trino....i hope they find Stacy's body, but i don't think they will...maybe i'll be happily surprised though?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back