Oregon and Washington declaring Storm Emergencies

We were hit with very strong winds here in Salem. Many lost their power but mine only flickered. Our gate was latched and it blew the latch right off... heavy hardware too. Everywhere around me there are downed trees and limbs. The roads to the coast are closed in every direction. I live high enough on a hill that no flooding for me. It was scary at times but it's nice out now. In fact, it was in the mid 60's. Hows that for December?

It's not bad over here in Eastern Washington. We have some flood warnings here too, but not near as bad as the west side. Definately keeping them in my thoughts tonight and the next few days.

We were hit with very strong winds here in Salem. Many lost their power but mine only flickered. Our gate was latched and it blew the latch right off... heavy hardware too. Everywhere around me there are downed trees and limbs. The roads to the coast are closed in every direction. I live high enough on a hill that no flooding for me. It was scary at times but it's nice out now. In fact, it was in the mid 60's. Hows that for December?

That sounds just like Texas Weather to me!!! That's pretty bad, if the trees are down so far inland.

I didn't think the Pacific ever had bad storms like the Atlantic.

That sounds just like Texas Weather to me!!! That's pretty bad, if the trees are down so far inland.

I didn't think the Pacific ever had bad storms like the Atlantic.
We don't very often but yes, we get huge wind storms occassionally. But they're never like a hurricane that takes out lots of homes and lives. We just have minor stuff like power lines down and roads blocked and an occassional tree on a car or roof. I think the worst part of this storm is it dumped a lot of rain fast and caused some flooding.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back