1263 users online (248 members and 1015 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 363
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Frozen Tundra
    Posts
    94

    Cal-Sag Channel Search

    While reading the news today I got to wondering if Mr. Peterson with all of his toys
    May also have a Boat. I read about a small airplane, motorcycles, a camper and the
    Toy List goes on. Just suppose he, or someone close to him had boat in a slip in that
    Channel that keeps popping up in the news. After trying his luck with that “package”
    At the Truck Stop; could he have changed the plan and made a late night boat trip?
    Or, is there a place that someone could back a truck right up to deep water access?
    Just wondering if this is possible.

    Here is a snip from today’s Herald News online edition:
    State police initially called the investigation of Stacy Peterson's disappearance a missing persons case, but have since labeled it a potential homicide. State police have named Drew Peterson a suspect in this possible murder. An official with a local fire department said state police have requested their divers search the Cal Sag Channel on Wednesday.
    Greybeard

    Sorry forgot to add this link I am not sure how to do this:
    http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/h...SON_S1.article

    (I just Googled the Chicago Hearld News Online to get this)
    My comments are strictly my opinion, and are based on what I percieve to be one of my rights under the constitution of my Country.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    While reading the news today I got to wondering if Mr. Peterson with all of his toys
    May also have a Boat. I read about a small airplane, motorcycles, a camper and the
    Toy List goes on. Just suppose he, or someone close to him had boat in a slip in that
    Channel that keeps popping up in the news. After trying his luck with that “package”
    At the Truck Stop; could he have changed the plan and made a late night boat trip?
    Or, is there a place that someone could back a truck right up to deep water access?
    Just wondering if this is possible.

    Here is a snip from today’s Herald News online edition:
    State police initially called the investigation of Stacy Peterson's disappearance a missing persons case, but have since labeled it a potential homicide. State police have named Drew Peterson a suspect in this possible murder. An official with a local fire department said state police have requested their divers search the Cal Sag Channel on Wednesday.
    Greybeard
    Do you have a link?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,061
    Wellll, interesting post Greybeard, this seems to be turning into a clone case similar to the Laci Peterson case.

    Then the questions that remain, are HOW DO you dump a body overboard from a SMALL boat like Scott had. BUT BUT BUT IF IF IF a drug type dealer had a BIGGER boat to meet OTHER boats and transfer drugs, the possibility exists.

    IF IF IF there was a boat involved here, could or would there have been an ability to have rented it in 'days' prior to the MISSING Stacy. Advance preparation, pre meditation?

    Where might there have been a 'BOAT' rental to access this chanel area. I am a dumbell on WATER stuff. I know Colorado Mountain stuff not waterways.

    Great thought Greybeard!!!!!!!!!!!

    .

    .
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.





    """I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    While reading the news today I got to wondering if Mr. Peterson with all of his toys
    May also have a Boat. I read about a small airplane, motorcycles, a camper and the
    Toy List goes on. Just suppose he, or someone close to him had boat in a slip in that
    Channel that keeps popping up in the news. After trying his luck with that “package”
    At the Truck Stop; could he have changed the plan and made a late night boat trip?
    Or, is there a place that someone could back a truck right up to deep water access?
    Just wondering if this is possible.

    Here is a snip from today’s Herald News online edition:
    State police initially called the investigation of Stacy Peterson's disappearance a missing persons case, but have since labeled it a potential homicide. State police have named Drew Peterson a suspect in this possible murder. An official with a local fire department said state police have requested their divers search the Cal Sag Channel on Wednesday.
    Greybeard



    --->>>Another question what LARGE bodies of water connect to the ?Cal Sag Channel?

    DP most likely would have had to have helped. Keep in mind he lost 30 pounds doing something that was HARD work. WONDER IF IF IF any of his cohorts lost weight during the same time frame?????


    .
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.





    """I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

  5. #5
    browneyedgirl is offline Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southern at heart, Northern by birth
    Posts
    539
    I do believe that GB might be onto something here. I've believed from the beginning that SP wasn't disposed of in the barrell. I think that was something that DP used to throw off LE and media. That's why I believe he has remained so smug in public, until the story of the truckers broke. His smugness isn't so apparent now, IMHO.

    After that plan fell through, who knows what he might have done. The boat theory is as good as any. Maybe he figured that after Scott Peterson, we wouldn't believe DP was as stupid as Scott was.

    Good theory, Greybeard.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Frozen Tundra
    Posts
    94
    --->>>Another question what LARGE bodies of water connect to the ?Cal Sag Channel?
    --Camper
    ------------------------------

    I don't know this area at all, so I hope someone local can
    help us a little. I did find a few things here:
    http://www.epa.state.il.us/mailman/l...area-waterways

    "The Chicago Area Waterways System, or CAWS, consists of 78 miles of canals and modified streams located within Cook and surrounding counties. The CAWS consists of the Chicago River, its two main branches (North Branch and South Branch), as well as the Cal-Sag Channel, the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal, and the tributaries in an area extending from the metropolitan Chicago area to the Lockport vicinity. It also includes Lake Calumet."

    I think it even connects to Lake Michigan, and has everything
    from barge traffic to parks and boat landings for fisherman.


    Greybeard
    My comments are strictly my opinion, and are based on what I percieve to be one of my rights under the constitution of my Country.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Dee live there and has been great about posting maps and keeping us informed about the area. Maybe she'll be on later.

    Greybeard, it certainly does seem that LE is focusing on one area.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,061
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Dee live there and has been great about posting maps and keeping us informed about the area. Maybe she'll be on later.

    Greybeard, it certainly does seem that LE is focusing on one area.



    --->>>Maybe LE had information from the two truckers that surfaced about 'the' location that 'the' package was to be delivered to.

    .
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.





    """I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Frozen Tundra
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Dee live there and has been great about posting maps and keeping us informed about the area. Maybe she'll be on later.

    Greybeard, it certainly does seem that LE is focusing on one area.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, me thinks LE is seeing more that one reason to search that Lockport area. I just found a story about another person that went missing from Lockport Nov 10-07

    http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/1227760.php?

    Police Search For Missing Lockport Handyman


    LOCKPORT, Ill. (STNG) - Police are investigating the disappearance of a 39-year-old handyman who was last seen Saturday Nov. 10 at his home on State Street in Lockport


    When I checked his address from this story; it shows a map with that address near a canal. hmmm.
    http://www.randmcnally.com/rmc/direc...Map.jsp?cmty=0

    Probably no connection though.

    Greybeard
    My comments are strictly my opinion, and are based on what I percieve to be one of my rights under the constitution of my Country.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, me thinks LE is seeing more that one reason to search that Lockport area. I just found a story about another person that went missing from Lockport Nov 10-07

    http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/1227760.php?

    Police Search For Missing Lockport Handyman


    LOCKPORT, Ill. (STNG) - Police are investigating the disappearance of a 39-year-old handyman who was last seen Saturday Nov. 10 at his home on State Street in Lockport


    When I checked his address from this story; it shows a map with that address near a canal. hmmm.
    http://www.randmcnally.com/rmc/direc...Map.jsp?cmty=0

    Probably no connection though.

    Greybeard
    John Davis lived in an apartment on 4th & State in Lockport after he broke up from his girlfriend of 12 years and moved out. I believe this was recent. I think John took off on his own, probably out of severe depression from the ending of such a long relationship and that his disappearance has nothing to do with the Stacy Peterson case, IMHO.

    ETA: I believe John Davis and his girlfriend lived in Chicago while they were together and John moved to Lockport after the break-up.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,731
    By the way, it's not the Cal-Sag Channel in Lockport, it's the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal there. The Cal-Sag Channel branches off of the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal near 111th Street in Lemont and is no where near Lockport.

    I posted some maps in the Blue Barrel thread a few days ago that details the location of these waterways. I have NO IDEA why the media keeps referring to the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal as the Cal-Sag Channel, but it's incorrect.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Frozen Tundra
    Posts
    94
    Dee, thanks for clearing that up. I was hoping someone would help with that location. I didn't think that man had any connection to Stacy either, I just wanted to point out the Lockport area was being searched for more than one person.
    Sorry if I caused any confusion.
    GB
    My comments are strictly my opinion, and are based on what I percieve to be one of my rights under the constitution of my Country.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,061
    Quote Originally Posted by dee10134 View Post
    John Davis lived in an apartment on 4th & State in Lockport after he broke up from his girlfriend of 12 years and moved out. I believe this was recent. I think John took off on his own, probably out of severe depression from the ending of such a long relationship and that his disappearance has nothing to do with the Stacy Peterson case, IMHO.

    ETA: I believe John Davis and his girlfriend lived in Chicago while they were together and John moved to Lockport after the break-up.


    --->>>Wellll, IF IF John Davis had recently moved to Lockport, wonder IF IF he had a NEW job, and wonder where it placed him the day/night ? that he went missing?? Being a 'handyman' in a NEW city would be hard to get established, perhaps a new job put him in harms way IF IF IF DP and a boat made a connection nearby. Might he have seen someone doing something and might he have been asked to assist?

    .
    Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.





    """I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper View Post
    --->>>Wellll, IF IF John Davis had recently moved to Lockport, wonder IF IF he had a NEW job, and wonder where it placed him the day/night ? that he went missing?? Being a 'handyman' in a NEW city would be hard to get established, perhaps a new job put him in harms way IF IF IF DP and a boat made a connection nearby. Might he have seen someone doing something and might he have been asked to assist?

    .
    IMHO the two are not connected. John Davis' brother Charles and sister-in-law live in the area and John and Charles worked on kitchen and bathroom side-jobs together, so yes, John Davis was employed and had family and friends in the area, so was somewhat established there.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    Dee, thanks for clearing that up. I was hoping someone would help with that location. I didn't think that man had any connection to Stacy either, I just wanted to point out the Lockport area was being searched for more than one person.
    Sorry if I caused any confusion.
    GB
    Nope, no confusion at all.

    I'm from the area and have not seen a single flyer in town looking for John Davis or Stacy Peterson, which is a shame. There have been recent muggings in the alley behind the bars between 10th and 7th & State so maybe John Davis met a more sinister fate...

    I have some friends that frequent the bars and no one seems to know John Davis, so maybe he didn't drink, so I don't know what to think about his disappearance. Either way, I don't think that John Davis and Drew Peterson are connected, IMHO.

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 177
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 03:56 PM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-19-2011, 08:14 PM
  3. New search...Police search Knox County
    By Paintr in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 09:12 PM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 07:42 PM
  5. Cal-Sag Channel Search #2
    By CW in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 02:04 AM

Tags for this Thread