Cal-Sag Channel Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greybeard

Reaction score
While reading the news today I got to wondering if Mr. Peterson with all of his toys
May also have a Boat. I read about a small airplane, motorcycles, a camper and the
Toy List goes on. Just suppose he, or someone close to him had boat in a slip in that
Channel that keeps popping up in the news. After trying his luck with that “package”
At the Truck Stop; could he have changed the plan and made a late night boat trip?
Or, is there a place that someone could back a truck right up to deep water access?
Just wondering if this is possible.

Here is a snip from today’s Herald News online edition:
State police initially called the investigation of Stacy Peterson's disappearance a missing persons case, but have since labeled it a potential homicide. State police have named Drew Peterson a suspect in this possible murder. An official with a local fire department said state police have requested their divers search the Cal Sag Channel on Wednesday.
Greybeard

Sorry forgot to add this link I am not sure how to do this:
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/679353,4_1_JO04_PETERSON_S1.article

(I just Googled the Chicago Hearld News Online to get this)

While reading the news today I got to wondering if Mr. Peterson with all of his toys
May also have a Boat. I read about a small airplane, motorcycles, a camper and the
Toy List goes on. Just suppose he, or someone close to him had boat in a slip in that
Channel that keeps popping up in the news. After trying his luck with that “package”
At the Truck Stop; could he have changed the plan and made a late night boat trip?
Or, is there a place that someone could back a truck right up to deep water access?

State police initially called the investigation of Stacy Peterson's disappearance a missing persons case, but have since labeled it a potential homicide. State police have named Drew Peterson a suspect in this possible murder. An official with a local fire department said state police have requested their divers search the Cal Sag Channel on Wednesday.
Greybeard

Do you have a link?

Wellll, interesting post Greybeard, this seems to be turning into a clone case similar to the Laci Peterson case.

Then the questions that remain, are HOW DO you dump a body overboard from a SMALL boat like Scott had. BUT BUT BUT IF IF IF a drug type dealer had a BIGGER boat to meet OTHER boats and transfer drugs, the possibility exists.

IF IF IF there was a boat involved here, could or would there have been an ability to have rented it in 'days' prior to the MISSING Stacy. Advance preparation, pre meditation?

Where might there have been a 'BOAT' rental to access this chanel area. I am a dumbell on WATER stuff. I know Colorado Mountain stuff not waterways.

Great thought Greybeard!!!!!!!!!!!

Greybeard

--->>>Another question what LARGE bodies of water connect to the ?Cal Sag Channel?

DP most likely would have had to have helped. Keep in mind he lost 30 pounds doing something that was HARD work. WONDER IF IF IF any of his cohorts lost weight during the same time frame?????

I do believe that GB might be onto something here. I've believed from the beginning that SP wasn't disposed of in the barrell. I think that was something that DP used to throw off LE and media. That's why I believe he has remained so smug in public, until the story of the truckers broke. His smugness isn't so apparent now, IMHO.

After that plan fell through, who knows what he might have done. The boat theory is as good as any. Maybe he figured that after Scott Peterson, we wouldn't believe DP was as stupid as Scott was.

Good theory, Greybeard.:clap:

--->>>Another question what LARGE bodies of water connect to the ?Cal Sag Channel?
--Camper
------------------------------

I don't know this area at all, so I hope someone local can
help us a little. I did find a few things here:
http://www.epa.state.il.us/mailman/listinfo/chicago-area-waterways

"The Chicago Area Waterways System, or CAWS, consists of 78 miles of canals and modified streams located within Cook and surrounding counties. The CAWS consists of the Chicago River, its two main branches (North Branch and South Branch), as well as the Cal-Sag Channel, the Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal, and the tributaries in an area extending from the metropolitan Chicago area to the Lockport vicinity. It also includes Lake Calumet."

I think it even connects to Lake Michigan, and has everything
from barge traffic to parks and boat landings for fisherman.

Greybeard

Dee live there and has been great about posting maps and keeping us informed about the area. Maybe she'll be on later.

Greybeard, it certainly does seem that LE is focusing on one area.

Dee live there and has been great about posting maps and keeping us informed about the area. Maybe she'll be on later.

--->>>Maybe LE had information from the two truckers that surfaced about 'the' location that 'the' package was to be delivered to.

------------------------------------------------------------
Well, me thinks LE is seeing more that one reason to search that Lockport area. I just found a story about another person that went missing from Lockport Nov 10-07

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/1227760.php?

Police Search For Missing Lockport Handyman

LOCKPORT, Ill. (STNG) - Police are investigating the disappearance of a 39-year-old handyman who was last seen Saturday Nov. 10 at his home on State Street in Lockport

When I checked his address from this story; it shows a map with that address near a canal. hmmm.
http://www.randmcnally.com/rmc/directions/dirGetMap.jsp?cmty=0

Probably no connection though.

Greybeard

------------------------------------------------------------
Well, me thinks LE is seeing more that one reason to search that Lockport area. I just found a story about another person that went missing from Lockport Nov 10-07

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/1227760.php?

Police Search For Missing Lockport Handyman

LOCKPORT, Ill. (STNG) - Police are investigating the disappearance of a 39-year-old handyman who was last seen Saturday Nov. 10 at his home on State Street in Lockport

When I checked his address from this story; it shows a map with that address near a canal. hmmm.
http://www.randmcnally.com/rmc/directions/dirGetMap.jsp?cmty=0

Probably no connection though.

Greybeard

John Davis lived in an apartment on 4th & State in Lockport after he broke up from his girlfriend of 12 years and moved out. I believe this was recent. I think John took off on his own, probably out of severe depression from the ending of such a long relationship and that his disappearance has nothing to do with the Stacy Peterson case, IMHO.

ETA: I believe John Davis and his girlfriend lived in Chicago while they were together and John moved to Lockport after the break-up.

By the way, it's not the Cal-Sag Channel in Lockport, it's the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal there. The Cal-Sag Channel branches off of the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal near 111th Street in Lemont and is no where near Lockport.

I posted some maps in the Blue Barrel thread a few days ago that details the location of these waterways. I have NO IDEA why the media keeps referring to the Chicago Sanitary & Ship Canal as the Cal-Sag Channel, but it's incorrect.

Dee, thanks for clearing that up. I was hoping someone would help with that location. I didn't think that man had any connection to Stacy either, I just wanted to point out the Lockport area was being searched for more than one person.
Sorry if I caused any confusion.
GB

John Davis lived in an apartment on 4th & State in Lockport after he broke up from his girlfriend of 12 years and moved out. I believe this was recent. I think John took off on his own, probably out of severe depression from the ending of such a long relationship and that his disappearance has nothing to do with the Stacy Peterson case, IMHO.

ETA: I believe John Davis and his girlfriend lived in Chicago while they were together and John moved to Lockport after the break-up.

--->>>Wellll, IF IF John Davis had recently moved to Lockport, wonder IF IF he had a NEW job, and wonder where it placed him the day/night ? that he went missing?? Being a 'handyman' in a NEW city would be hard to get established, perhaps a new job put him in harms way IF IF IF DP and a boat made a connection nearby. Might he have seen someone doing something and might he have been asked to assist?

--->>>Wellll, IF IF John Davis had recently moved to Lockport, wonder IF IF he had a NEW job, and wonder where it placed him the day/night ? that he went missing?? Being a 'handyman' in a NEW city would be hard to get established, perhaps a new job put him in harms way IF IF IF DP and a boat made a connection nearby. Might he have seen someone doing something and might he have been asked to assist?

IMHO the two are not connected. John Davis' brother Charles and sister-in-law live in the area and John and Charles worked on kitchen and bathroom side-jobs together, so yes, John Davis was employed and had family and friends in the area, so was somewhat established there.

Dee, thanks for clearing that up. I was hoping someone would help with that location. I didn't think that man had any connection to Stacy either, I just wanted to point out the Lockport area was being searched for more than one person.
Sorry if I caused any confusion.
GB

Nope, no confusion at all.

I'm from the area and have not seen a single flyer in town looking for John Davis or Stacy Peterson, which is a shame. There have been recent muggings in the alley behind the bars between 10th and 7th & State so maybe John Davis met a more sinister fate...

I have some friends that frequent the bars and no one seems to know John Davis, so maybe he didn't drink, so I don't know what to think about his disappearance. Either way, I don't think that John Davis and Drew Peterson are connected, IMHO.

According to the news stories I've read, John Davis went out with his brother and sister-in-law on Saturday. His brother and sister-in-law dropped him off at his apartment on the 400 block of State Street around 10 p.m. John was supposed to go to work on a side-job with his brother Charles, on Sunday morning. When John didn't show up by 7:30, the brother started worrying since John was ALWAYS on time, so they went by his house at 8:30ish and found his car in the garage. Charles got a custodian to open the apartment where they found his keys still there. They believe he is wearing a camouflage jacket and that he went missing after 6 am, since there were signs that he made and drank coffee that morning...

We had discussed a boat early on and IIRC we thought he did have one, but cannot recall where it was or why it never entered the picture. There was a reason tho. I thought with the rest of the toys, a boat made perfect sense, too. Anyone remember why we didn't feel a boat played a part here?

Of course, brother Paul might have a boat. We aren't uncovering much about Paul, are we?!

We had discussed a boat early on and IIRC we thought he did have one,
but cannot recall where it was or why it never entered the picture.
There was a reason tho. I thought with the rest of the toys, a boat made perfect sense, too. Anyone remember why we didn't feel a boat played a part here?

Of course, brother Paul might have a boat. We aren't uncovering much about Paul, are we?!

Wasn't it because someone brought up Rice Lake and found a page from a fishing site with the name Morphey?
Also I mentioned when it was being discussed that I saw no room in DP's back yard for a boat unless it was parked behind his travel trailer (the one RM stayed in at one point).

Is my memory going :hand:

ETA: You're right, we have little info. on brother Paul or even a photo of where he lives. There has been a photo of where Tom Morphey lives however.

Here's where we were discussing it http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1820004&postcount=80

In the beginning, we were so busy with the "plane" theory that a boat was not discussed. I believe the boat was briefly discussed after itsreween found a picture of the 2 Morphey brothers fishings, but we did not stay with that theory.

But it is a good one. Wasn't there a picture of Drew and Stacy on a boat at one time???? Are there any "yahct clubs" around the area that maybe Drew is a charter member of??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10