1453 users online (244 members and 1209 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Those almost look like BCG - GI glasses for military personnel.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Wonder if there were any crashes or fender-bender accidents in the area at that time?
    If perp did in fact drop his glasses, he would likely have a hard time seeing when he drove away, unless he was wearing contact lenses and kept the glasses in his pocket for backup, imo.

Good point, Dot. I know I would need contacts or glasses to drive. If not, I wouldn't get very far, especially at night.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Slightly updated.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/reet-ju...sses-1.3850542
    "So the way we see it is she was immobilized, probably on her back, and the person might have been on top of her as he was inflicting the wounds."

Rivera called the attack "savage," and said such attacks are "usually a rage type of incident, where the cases that I've handled it's always been a domestic partner."

Jurvetson didn't have any ID on her when she was found.
    rbbm.

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    New details about Jurvetson's killing will be revealed in a fifth estate documentary called "Who Killed Jane Doe 59" airing this Friday, Nov. 18, at 9 p.m., two days after the 47th anniversary of Santochi discovering Jurvetson's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    Good point, Dot. I know I would need contacts or glasses to drive. If not, I wouldn't get very far, especially at night.
    Just realized the perp may have been with someone else who was doing the driving.
    imo, speculation..

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/episodes/201...ed-jane-doe-59
    BROADCAST DATE : Nov 18, 2016 Who Killed Jane Doe #59

Perp right-handed, used common pen knife.
    Published on Nov 18, 2016

On November 16, 1969, the body of a young woman was found along Mulholland Drive in Los Angeles. She had been stabbed 157 times. The body was never claimed. The name of the murdered woman would remain unknown for the next 46 years -- her case was simply known as “Jane Doe #59.” Nearly half a century later, three childhood friends from Montreal identify her as their long lost friend – Reet Jurvetson. Now the Los Angeles and Montreal police are trying to piece together the final weeks of Jurvetson’s life and the fifth estate helps uncover new clues that might help unlock a decades-old mystery.

Send tips on the case to : janedoe59@cbc.ca

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/reet-ju...ases-1.3857691
    Could Canadian's brutal 1969 stabbing death be connected to another L.A. cold case?
    Within a few kilometres of where a Canadian woman's body was found dumped in Los Angeles in 1969, at least two other bodies were discovered and a disappearance took place within a year and a half.
    Habe, the daughter of actress Eloise Hardt and writer Hans Habe, was abducted from her driveway on Dec. 30, 1968, and found stabbed to death two days later. Her body was dumped off Mulholland Drive about 30 metres west of Bowmont Drive, police records show.

That was a short distance from where the body of Jurvetson who was stabbed 157 times was found on Nov. 16, 1969. No one has been charged in either death.
    The location intrigues Cliff Shepard, a retired detective with the Los Angeles Police Department.

Marina Habe was found stabbed to death on Jan. 1, 1969.
    Attached Images Attached Images

https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/vid...-1016680003900
    DATELINE.
    Jane Doe 59: The Story of Reet Jurvetson

Thu, Aug 03

It took 47 years for detectives to identify her-- a young woman from Canada who disappeared in LA in 1969. Detectives also had to consider whether she was a victim of Charles Manson or his followers.

Thank you, so interesting and so sad. What a stunning woman...
    Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Perp right-handed, used common pen knife.

I'm italian, so please forgive my poor English. And let me know if I am wrong. Thanks

I still think Rodney Alcaca is a good lead in this case here are some of the reasons why I think so:
    1. He would had been 26 to 28 years old and he did lived in LA during this time
    2.In 1968 he did attack a little girl and stab her I believe and when a cop came to his house he fled and the officer found her in her own pool of blood. Reet was stabbed a bunch of times as meaning that Rodney first victims in his serial killer career he like stabbing then at some point switch to strangling.
    3.The sketch that they have for Reet John, I remember looking at it I was wondering who does that remind me of. It look too similar then on reddit someone mention Rodney and boom I realize yes it does look like Rodney. It been 2015 since they came out with that sketch and isn't it weird that only Rodney looks like the guy from the sketch? no Canadian match up to that sketch. No one has reported someone that could match the sketch from a Montreal high school. Rodney could had possible went up to Montreal and met Reet and lure her back to LA. I am thinking of this because it seems like this John person is not even a person since no one but a known serial killer looks like him.
    4. Or Reet bump into Rodney after her and John didn't work and she took a liking to Rodney because he looks a lot like him and she got murdered because of it.
    5. Like someone said he did use the name John/Jean and I remember watching a video about him on the stand during his trial him doing different personalities and voices on stand to defend himself maybe he has half ass french accent up his sleeve?
    6. I don't think Rodney was taking pictures of all his victims I mean the very first one that world start to find out about him was that 8 year old Tori? I think that was her name I don't think the police never found a picture of her in his collection. I think he start taking pictures of his victims, and people around him after 1971 because they didn't know he committed two murders in New York City. The only way they found out he committed those two murders was because of semen samples that by law he has to give. Not because they found pictures of those two women in his photo collection. So it still possible that Reet is a victim and there no photos of her in his collection.
    7. The only thing that I can't figure out was why did Rodney not rape Reet then if he was the murderer and then I remember that story of that 15 year old that ran off with him to a cabin in the woods. They were doing sexual activities (I believe it was oral sex) she was consenting to that and she went to the police claiming when he try to strangle her after multiple times of having sex with him. Since no one knows when exactly Reet disappear that could mean she was spending days with Rodney having willing sex with him. He waited a few days then kill her and dump her body. I google how long can semen live in a woman body and apparently only 5 days semen can live. So Rodney semen must had die off before he kill her or they wearing condoms or just been having oral sex. So he can't be linked to this murder.

Oh I just want to add this been bothering me the police that on Reet case only asking public help in finding "John" photo in Montreal high schools. I just want to add Ottawa area is also an English/French city so I think someone should mention to the police officers on this case to maybe also reach out to Ottawa residents about high school yearbooks for John.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10